eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone have a Facebook page?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Is there a way to promote your store on Facebook without having a Facebook store?

Facebook intimidates me so much I log on and log off instantly. I stumbled on an old roommate who responded by asking me to be her friend. I don't know how to accept so I guess I've lost track of her again.

you just need a facebook page and you can mini blog (create a post) about your items, your store etc etc
Like twitter you becomes friends with people, they in turn become your friend.

The more friends you have the more people see what you post.

You can join groups with like interest etc
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to FB just this week but have already found that just with a regular page you can promote your store. It took me several hours today to figure out and set up my product/store page. I still have a lot to learn though, like how do you fan people or is that the same as liking them Question I'm working my way slowly through this thread to figure it out.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonwishesstore..it used to be called "fan"..facebook changed it to "like"
by the way the link you posted in your last post doesn't work..
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember there are GROUPS ... and there are LIKE pages
Personally I prefer the groups
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pegsbutton: well the fan=like clears that up. My son will give me a Facebook 101 lesson when he comes over next.

My url in the other post needs copied and pasted without the url thingys at the front and back. If I hadn't left them in and posted it that way, I would have only gotten only half the url to be copyable and it was a url to my edit page which I don't think I'm suppose to show to the world?
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

generalstoreonline, your "like" link doesn't work for me

maggiethecat..if I can set up a facebook "friend" and "like" page anyone can..you could go to google and type in "facebook 101"

moonwishesstore..the word edit shouldn't be in your link

good luck conquering faceback..lol!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this is where I get confused. I copied the link directly from the toolbar for the browser which should mean it is how to find that actual page again. I will try again. My son should be over tonight and hopefully get some of the other questions answered, like why does my wall seem to disappear? Where did my store page go?--I did find it by doing a search for Moonwishes though Very Happy but there must be an easier way.

I was having a flare up all weekend while trying to figure out this FB so maybe I missed obvious things just cause my head was cloudy.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Facebook intimidates me so much I log on and log off instantly.

I haven't tackled Facebook yet, either, but I keep telling myself that I finally figured out Twitter, so I can figure out this, too!

Maggie, maybe you're like me. I think my problem is that I keep thinking there must be more to it than there really is, same as Twitter. I couldn't believe there was a web site that millions of people would flock to and just babble mindlessly in 140-character bites, but that's really all it is. FB looks to be the same. We're babbling about our products and our stores, but it's still nothing deep. Only intimidating till you get into it.

I'm going to try to take the plunge this weekend--be back to post my link if I get it figured out!
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying and trying to get "liked" on my store page but I can't seem to figure out how to truncate the address and make it work. This is what I get http://www.facebook.com/search/?post_form_id=63883ffd22d63ecb0c5cb9aab988f5fc&q=super+plush%27n+Stuff&init=quick&ref=search_loaded#!/pages/Burnsville-MN/Super-Plushn-Stuff/116394281710955?ref=search

Any ideas? I "liked" everyone on this forum but got very few responses. I think it may have been because it was with my personal url page and no one knew who I was? Anyway, would appreciate a few "likes" back. TIA

Terry
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry that is the problem I was having. Although if you do a search for Moonwishes Sewing and Crafts on FB you can find my page. Did you make a page for your business and what is it's title? I will try and fan you. I would appreciate fans also because I think you need a certain amount to get that shorter url.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I think I figured it out. Does this work? [url]http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Moonwishes-Sewing-and-Crafts/106624772720155?ref=ts[/url]

It still truncates for some reason if I don't put in the url thingies but the url thingies don't highlight it. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Moonwishes-Sewing-and-Crafts/106624772720155?ref=tshere
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My page for my business on Facebook is Super Plush'n Stuff which is searchable on Facebook. That long url I posted lists both my business page and my personal page and I can't figure out the url for just the business. I tried different parts of it and it works when I email it to myself but won't work here for some reason. I'm not very computer literate when it comes to this stuff so just fumbling around Facebook and other sites hoping to hit the right buttons or stumble on the right way to do things as I go. Laughing
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Moonwishes that take me to my facebook page. Maybe someone will take pity on us and show us the way Laughing
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon - I tried to search for you on facebook but all that I got was search results from Bing for your website, ecrater store, and ebay. Confused
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is crazy, when I do a search in the FB search box for Moonwishes it pops up, I click on it and there is my store but apparently is doesn't work that way. Are we to old to do this???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 14 of 51

Jump to: