eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone have a Facebook page?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMoonGoddessandDragonShop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: eCRATER Promotion Group Reply with quote

Hi, Did you know that Amanda Lynn started a group on Facebook to promote our stores here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/841783715891507/

Jess
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, accidental.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just cruising this thread: why so many FB's broken or down?
Is FB a help or being abandoned?
Thanks in advance for any considerations.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adriennesretropolis wrote:
Just cruising this thread: why so many FB's broken or down?
Is FB a help or being abandoned?
Thanks in advance for any considerations.

I imagine some people that gave up early and closed their shops, also closed their FB pages too but a lot of people are deleting them or rarely visiting because FB only does a small handful of people good, Mostly just large corps. and companies benefit from them because everyone knows their name and they have millions of customers and can afford to promote their pages.

Small sellers only seem to do good on FB if they have a good following, good word of mouth, lots of friends to spread the word and share. Like some smaller niche store with lots of inventory and sales may get a huge following if they focus one type of product that they can blog about and share ideas. But small variety sellers have a much harder time it seems, with no area of interest to focus on and lead people to their pages with videos and project tips all variety stores can do is post product links and random chit chat, so most don't get found anymore unless they pay for promotion.

I used to have many more followers and people liking and sharing but when FB said pay us now or be removed from your followers news feeds, they meant it. Now, since I won't pay them only 1-3 followers see each post, many times no one sees my posts and I might get 2 likes and 2 comments per year now and mostly from fellow ecrater sellers who are just humoring each other. I lost over 3 dozen likes because followers said there was no point in following me if they can't see my posts in their news feed. So many of us are just giving up on FB. Yet I have a fan page for my music that got over 1,000 likes since I started it this July so no need to pay to promote it, people spread the word for me but it's a one focus page for music only.

I have another FB page where I talk about only kids products that I sell and it has 348 likes, also a one focus only page. But my variety store page is losing more views every year. I bet if I started posting only listings from ebay on my FB tiger creek page, google would love that and I'd suddenly get a ton of followers since anything ebay takes preference over ecrater on google, and google does show FB posts in the searches. Been experimenting with my FB pages and any time I post a product from ecrater 0-3 views max, but lately when I post an ebay item 14-31 views and my followers are telling me they can't see my stuff in the news feed and according to analytics the views for those ebay posts are coming mostly from google search engine, so google is even giving preference to my ebay FB posts over my ecrater FB posts.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very old thread started when Facebook first started letting people build a fan page. A fan page was for separate interests other than what we put on our personal pages. People always jump on the bandwagon but if what ever they are seeking does not immediately produce results they let themselves slide right off the bandwagon.
Some of us stayed with it and use their page to let people know what is happening with their business. Sort of like a newsletter. That is how I think of my LaStade Facebook page. I enjoy posting to it.
I think one of the most important things about a business is its name. You have to let people who you are. You have to keep reminding them. Having a FB, Pinterest and Twitter, joining forums and keeping a blog help do that.
To me it is free advertising.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand: do you have different types of FB? I know there is personal and Business. I had a personal one just for my daughters and me, but with so much other nonsense of people knowing all our beeswax (daughters didn't block) and not being ready for a Biz FB at that time, I chopped it.

I won't pay, either, Tiger. I heard this was a recent development.

Have to give it some thought. I really don't like FB myself, but IDK - it just seemed like a lot of people on this thread, old as it is, struck me as something worth asking about.

Thank you both.
UnicornDreams

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a personal facebook account when you sign up, everyone does. You can create fan pages for your business separate from your personal profile and hide the creators of the buisness page so customers can't come to your profile from that page and see your family business. But you do have the option to feature yourself as the page creator if you prefer to talk to customers with your real name, but People that do that usually make a 2nd facebook account just for friends and family so personal life isn't mingled with business life.

If you comment on a business page of someone elses or in a public group for sellers, then anyone can see your personal name and click it and visit your profile from there so that's when privacy settings come in handy so if a customer manages to find your personal profile on facebook they can't see anything you post and will only see your profile pic and cover pic, if your privacy settings are done right.

Some people try to use facebook only as a business and they don't put their real name on their profile instead of Taylor Doe they put Taylor's Creations as their name but facebook only wants people to use their real name on their profile and they will suspend you if they think your name is fake, an alias, or a business name instead of a real first and last name. There's no way to create an account just for business use that allows you to go by your shop name, facebook is set up for personal use only so we have to create fan pages and groups for our shops to use out business name. People get confused and think their personal profile and business page are 2 different accounts but they are not they are linked together.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/creativewench2005/ I will go through and follow as many of those above me as I can!
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: eCRATER Promotion Group Reply with quote

TheMoonGoddessandDragonShop wrote:
Hi, Did you know that Amanda Lynn started a group on Facebook to promote our stores here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/841783715891507/

Jess

Thank you so much for posting this!!! I just found out about this community forum and saw your post! I appreciate it!
jensemporium

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: New Facebook Page Reply with quote

Just created a new Facebook page. Check it out. Smile
www.facebook.com/jenunsemporium
creativewench

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New Facebook Page Reply with quote

jensemporium wrote:
Just created a new Facebook page. Check it out. Smile
www.facebook.com/jenunsemporium

I liked you from my personal page Amanda lynn. Feel free to return the favor at my link posted above Smile
jensemporium

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New Facebook Page Reply with quote

I liked you from my personal page Amanda lynn. Feel free to return the favor at my link posted above Smile[/quote]

Thanks for the "like" and I did return the favor. Smile
old-friends-media

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Just revamped my Facebook Page Reply with quote

I'm guilty of letting my Facebook page slide. In fact, I had to reactivate it because the link was dead.
Now, I am making sure I post to it every time I list a new item of eCrater.

https://www.facebook.com/oldfriendsmedia
It could sure use a few new "likes" if you get a chance. Thanks!

Also, I'm posting new items on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/oldfriendsmedia/
Please, check it out and give me some "follow" love!

Thanks!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to check out instagram but you can only use it with a cell phone that takes photos. I have no cell phone wheter it takes photos or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 49 of 51

Jump to: