eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feedback Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lepetitmarche

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Feedback Question Reply with quote

Hi,

I know there's a thread out here somewhere about feedback but I can't find it and when I do a search I get over 1500 results, so forgive me for asking about it.

Of the 7 items I've sold I've only received 3 feedbacks. When someone buys something I email them right away thanking them and also naming the item. The last 2 items I sold I ended up having to ship it parcel post because of the expense of priority (I would have lost money). I emailed the buyer letting them know and also told them I refunded some money to their paypal account for the difference in shipping cost. And I also let them know how long it would take for the items to arrive. I don't understand why people can't reply back. And since the most recent buyer hasn't replied to my 2 emails, I don't really expect any kind of feedback from them. And how important is it to get those feedbacks? Is it unreasonable to ask a buyer (in email) that if they are pleased with the service and product to please leave a positive feedback? I sold on ebay for awhile and know the importance of it there. How do you get buyers to leave a feedback or even reply to an email? It's very frustrating when I'm trying hard to be a responsible seller.

Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of feedback doesn't seem to harm sellers here. There just isn't the same emphasis as over there. The majority of buyers do not leave feedback. Just offer good service and you won't get negative feedback.

You have 3 feedback for 9 sales. That is a pretty good ratio.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people do not like to bugged by emails from people about feedback. I would not worry if you do not get replies. If your service and products are good, eventually you will build up feedback.
Some people don't like to answer emails from people who are essentially strangers. I never give feedback to those who constantly bother me about sending it.
jazgifts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it simply because it's their choice to leave feedback or not. The important thing is your service. You provide good service, eventually it shows. I usually send two emails out: when the order is placed and when the item shows delivered by tracking number. When I send the second email, I put a little note at the bottom stating, "Don't forget to rate us as we appreciate your business." If they leave feedback, it's great, if they don't, oh well. Wink
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of shoppers outside of eBay aren't accustomed to leaving feedback so they don't. And some who are familiar with feedback don't feel the need to pat the seller on the back for doing their job.

Don't sweat it.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using Google Checkout and the buyer has no email marketing checked and a disguised email address you are not supposed to email the buyer.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater automatically sends an email to all buyers with qualifying purchases (the ones that have instant PayPal or Google Checkout payments). If the buyer does not leave a feedback using the link after 3 weeks they send a second email. I think asking twice is enough.

Only at e Bay the feedback is important and everyone is kind of manipulated to leaving one. Everywhere else it is far less important. And if you leave people to their own devices with only 2 emails as reminder to leave feedback on average about 1 out of 5 people will leave it.

1 out of 3 (what you have) is pretty good ratio. Don't worry too much about it.

Having said that, if you do not set up the integration properly at Google Checkout the info about the order will not get back to eCrater and eCrater will never send the feedback emails. The way to tell if that is the case you need to look at Orders section of your eCrater account. If the order info appears there then the feedback email has been sent as well.
lepetitmarche

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the information Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your input, this is great information. I don't understand about the disguised email because those who have paid through google checkout I can always see their email. The last transaction was through paypal though. Acread, I have checked the orders section of my account and all is well there. So, as poopsheet said, I won't sweat it. I'll just persevere and continue on! Thanks again for all the info, I'm learning new things everyday!
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lepetitmarche You will see on some of your GCO orders that the customers email says blahblah@checkout.google.com this is a disguised email addy. GCO discourages contact with customer due to spamming and what not. I contact my GCO customers only if I have a question about shipping methods or perhaps a delay. If you contacting a customer is in their best interest, I can not imagine them complaining to GCO that you made contact with them!
differentthings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I still sell at the other place which revolves around feedback. I don't leave feedback any longer for buyers. Why should I when I can't leave proper feedback. I can only leave positive, so in my mind buyer feedback should be automated. When the buyer pays then it should show automatically. When a buyer takes a week and half or longer to pay without notice, I can't leave feedback that reflects that. Anyway a few times a month I will get a buyer that begs for feedback over at the other place. Some continue to beg on a daily basis. Some times I wonder which is more important to the buyer the feedback or the actual item. However here feedback is more relaxed. I believe in feedback but I don't believe in the rating feedback. I want to hear honest opinions, but why be rated??? If a buyer wants to know what other buyers are thinking let them read recent feedback and not have a star rating at all. I want a happy, satisfied customer, fairness on both sides and not worry about feedback, percentages and dings hanging over my head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: