|Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:50 am Post subject: Solutions to common questions - eCRATER UK Marketplace
|As you all probably know we recently announced that we launched a UK version of our marketplace.
If you would like to list your products in the new marketplace:
1) you must maintain prices on both USD and GBP
2) you must ship to United Kingdom
We encourage all US merchants to start selling in GBP as well which will bring more buyers to their stores. The main advantage is that your products will be listed in both our US and UK marketplaces. They will also be posted to both Google Product Search and Google Product Search UK. In addition all merchants will receive their own store under the ecrater.co.uk domain.
- It is very easy to convert your prices to GBP. One can use the global editor to do this. Select "set UK price", choose "Price in USD" as base, choose the * operator and fill out the user value: 0.624 (1 USD = 0.624 GBP)
Please note that your prices in USD will remain unaffected, the operation merely adds prices in GBP as well.
- If you want to get rid of the GBP prices then just use the global editor and select action "set UK price" and select operator "delete"
- To set the shipping rates to UK please fill out the shipping matrix rates for United Kingdom. If you already use the USPS calculator you don't have to do anything because we convert the shipping rates to GBP automatically.
Please note that fixed shipping rates are not available for shipping to the UK at this time. Only the fixed rates for US-Mainland, Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will convert to GBP automatically.
- There is also an option called "Enable GBP currency" in the Options menu. This will add another price field in the following pages: add products, edit product and copy product. It will also enable you to fill out the Google Checkout UK merchant ID and key in the Payment Options menu.
- US and UK stores will share the same name, just the domain will be different so no need to reserve a name if you already have a store with eCRATER.
- It is currently not possible to have a UK store without a US store
- If the conversion rate considerably changes, the prices can be easily updated with the global editor. However in reality this will happen rarely because USD is a stable currency.
- If offline payments are accepted in the US store, these will display and be accepted in the UK store. At this time, these can't be removed from just the UK store. However these may change in future.
- To sell only part of the items in the UK store, set the price in GBP for only the items that are to be sold in the UK store. This can be done in both global-editor and add product menu. If the item has a price in GBP you will see it in ecrater.co.uk. If the item does not have a price in GBP, the item will be only available in ecrater.com
- If you want to accept Google Checkout in your UK store you need a bank account in GBP and then you have to sign up for Google Checkout UK. The bank account in British pound is requirement of Google Checkout.
- If you want to set up Google Analytics for your UK store please fill out the "UK Google Analytics ID" in menu options. To get the UK analytics ID you need to add your UK store URL in Google Analytics first.