eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My happy hippo finally has a new home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: My happy hippo finally has a new home Reply with quote

I have often wondered about the items that sell and those that don't. My happy hippo was one of the first items I listed years ago on ebay. Subsequently it had been on Ioffer, Ruby Lane and ecrater for over 3 years.

The hippo was vintage but in perfect condition and just was such a mood lifting creature that when I first bought it, I thought it would sell quickly. It just sold 7 years later. I'm doing the happy hippo dance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Maggie on your "hippo" finally selling after all of those years! See, you never know who will come along and buy that something special that's been sitting in your store for years. That's what's great about ecrater......it's free to list so if a item does not sell right away it can sit in your store for free until the right person comes along.

I also sell my books on half.com (which is free to list until a item sells) Last month 1 of my books sold that I had listed way back in Feb. 2006!

Wishing everyone lots of sales!

Happy Holidays!
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! Laughing Laughing

RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also had a couple of items sitting in inventory for several years and had already decided that if and when those items ever do sell, I would not replace them, but wouldn't you know that both of those items did sell just this week, and to 2 different buyers. Now I am in somewhat of a dilemma. Do I restock those items, or just leave well enough alone?
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping has risen so dramatically since I bought the hippo that I'm avoiding purchasing heavy ceramic items.

I'm always amazed at what sells and what sits on the shelf. That is true in every store and every category. The items I think are my very best offerings sit and sit and things I have considered mistaken purchases since the start will sell.

My hippo was in perfect condition, not over-priced and I'll probably lose on the shipping as it has been a while since I updated it. The photos were good and the description complete. There is a lot of interest in endangered species so it could appeal to a lot of people of all ages.

I guess the hippo was sort of like my cat, content to sit in a shelter till I came along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: