eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Need help making a banner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Need help making a banner Reply with quote

I seem to have a problem with my banner being too big. I tried addesign but it seems their banners are 468 x 60 and I need one 250 x 50 (I think) to have it work here at ecrater. I'm a real dunce about this stuff. Can someone recommend a free banner site that I can make the right size banner for my store?

Also another problem I never could figure out. How do I get my picture in that box in the store header that says place your picture here. I've tried putting my adavar there but maybe that's the wrong size too.

Guess the bottom line question is, how do you resize banners & adavars? I just generally save the banner (or adavar) to my documents and then pick it up from there. Is the problem that I need to use ImageShack (a picture host) to make them the right size???
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello frontporchdreaming,
I'm a dunce at all of this too, I asked my daughter, here is a free online program that will let you make the pictures the size you want.
Hope it helps!

http://www.myimager.com

Have a great day!
Lu
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lu

Haven't heard from you in a while how is it going.

T
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi t!!
I just emailed you at the freebird a few minutes ago!! LOL

I'm ok, thanks for asking!

Hope you're doing well!
Lu
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lu, I'll go check that out. There may be hope yet. Now if I could figure out how to get a picture in "Your image here" box on my store home page, I'd really be doing something.

Just thought of something! Is that picture the one you have to pick for root picture or something like that?? I left that box unchecked because I wasn't sure what to put there??Duh!
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again,
ok, go to your admin area, click on templates, click on the color template that you have chosen, this will give you a picture upload page to add the picture to where it says "your image here". Then refresh your home page so that it will show up. Hope this helps!
Lu
randasresale

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frontporchdreaming, I love to make banners. send me a pm with your criteria and I'll make ya a quick one.

Randa
www.randasresale.ecrater.com
www.randasreads.ecrater.com
shinejewelry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I would appreciate some suggestions on how to make my own banner. It is not only for this site, but for a group I am joining to promote my store. I would like to be able to use my own picture, and to have a script or calligraphy type of font. I just have no idea what type of program is right for this project. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!!

Lynne
Smile Razz
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randa, so sorry I didn't get back to you. I've gotten one very simple banner to work in my store so it will do for now and when I get caught up a bit, I would just love to have you improve it for me. Right now tho, I am in over my head with things that need done yesterday.

Lynne, I'm waiting to see what is recommended toyou. I would love to be able to do this stuff myself and not have to keep begging for help! LOL Like I can do a simple one liner banner on like addesign.com or Bannerbreak but when it comes to more than one line or anything fancy with pictures in it, I'm totally lost too.
wahm922

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google, "free logo maker" and you should get some sites like cooltext.com to play around with.

I personally use PSP and/or Photoshop but they are not free. Irfanview is free and can help, I've used it in the past before I invested in buying a program.

If you have an idea of what you want I'm sure I can help Wink
randasresale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahm922 wrote:
Google, "free logo maker" and you should get some sites like cooltext.com to play around with.

I personally use PSP and/or Photoshop but they are not free. Irfanview is free and can help, I've used it in the past before I invested in buying a program.

If you have an idea of what you want I'm sure I can help Wink

I have PSP and was thrilled to have it. If I ever decide if I want to pursue graphic design full time (or get rich lol) I will get Photoshop. PSP is a great alternative from what I've heard. Never had the pleasure of using Photoshop.

Smile

Randa
www.randasresale.com
www.randasresale.ecrater.com
www.randasreads.ecrater.com
shinejewelry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick replies! I have a couple questions: I have photoshop 2.0 and 3.0 for photo processing - is this what you are referring to - I can't find anything on either program that would help make a banner. I have used cooltexts - that is my current banner, but am I able to use my own photo as a background, or somewhere on the banner? What does PSP stand for?

Thanks!

Lynne

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
shinejewelry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured it out...

Embarassed

Lynne
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lynne ~ PSP is Paint Shop Pro, which is great for all types of graphic creations, but if you don't have it, you can do a lot with Irfanview and MsPaint... that's how I've made my last banners, and they came out pretty well, I think Cool
shinejewelry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is making me crazy!!! Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

I made a banner, I'm trying to upload to my site - the size of my banner is 142 x 65, each time I try to update, I get the message that the maximum size is 250 x 68 Exclamation

What am I doing wrong Question Question

Lynne
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: