eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Looks Like sleazeBay is bunched again.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIZombie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Looks Like sleazeBay is bunched again. Reply with quote

Looks like sleazeBay (another good one for them) is banning the use of Google Checkout, stating only processors with a proven track record will be allowed on sleazeBay! Looks like things are unraveling at the seems for the big boys! First alternative sites such as eCRATER and now Google Checkout. What if Google put up an acution site, would that push them over breaking point? Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Zombie Maker of Hand Dipped Incense - Remember Hand Made?

http://www.incense-stick.com
http://www.nicodemon.info/community

I've been quit for 1 Year, 9 Months, 3 Weeks
I've saved $5,989.19.
I've not smoked 26,618 cigarettes.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually, from the beginning it was never allowed at eBay. I wouldn't be surprised if they add it eventually though.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they add it eventually though.

I would be. Since PayPal is there's why would they want a competitor?
Look what they did to the company that bought the bidpay name. Ebay told them it would be allowed. EBAY allowed them to pay to have a booth at ebay live. Then they never changed the rules to allow them in! Dirty players is all I can say! And they not only paid to have a booth but had games to attact people - Deal or No Deal - with nice prizes! I bet they are pissed off!
MIZombie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently ebay is ok with nochex and some others. I bet they will end up taking it too.

Zombie
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought BidPay was allowed? I hear it recommended all the time on the eBay forums.

My thinking that Google will eventually be allowed is just due to a lot of scuttlebutt that I hear. The latest is that eBay's rankings have been getting somewhat worse in Google searches -- they have a lot of leverage to work with, I think...

Well, my guess is either Google will eventually be allowed at eBay or Google will start up their own auction site and totally pull the rug out from under eBay. If either one of these happens it should be pretty interesting to watch...
MIZombie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing gbay Although that name is taken but I am sure Google has enough cash to acquire it since there is nothing there!

Zombie
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I use Bidpay there.

I quit the nasty habbit 12 years ago. Since cigarettes have gone up so much don't know how much I've saved.

Joyce
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I would be surprised if FeePay would EVER allow the use of GC on its site.

As many here stated, and in other threads, GC is a competitor for PayPal and I think this is why FeePay tries to put all obstacles onto its path it can think of.

PayPal's aggressive market acquisition is visible if you look at most shopping carts and web stores: a vast majority is still only supporting PayPal (besides, of course, the availability of a merchant account) but not set up for accepting GC. Or, places like freewebs.com would allow you to post the GC code, but they explain they do not provide backup support for this product.

I wish google would implement a more aggressive market policy and simply offer GC to every single start-up company that is technically capable of creating a safe buyer experience (SSL certified) so they are the ones FIRST on the scene with a contract. I think the probably only 2 case scenarios to decrease PayPal's monopoly are these:

(1) If out of some reason, they'd go bankrupt (don't hold your breath on it); or
(2) If some lawsuit could prove FeePay is monopolizing the market by forbidding millions of sellers to take advantage of a fully legitimate and safe on-line payment service in favor of exclusively allowing their own.

This second scenario, if it would ever happen, might take a decade of court battle so if you don't want to wait this long or think this will never materialize, your best bet is probably to move your business to where GC is accepted (like here). I really have nothing against PayPal - they have always treated me fairly, as a seller and buyer alike. However, as a business owner, I do have something about being restricted in my choices as well as my buyers being restricted in their payment preferences and options on FeePay.

Rolling Eyes

Even eBid which has its own payment service called PPPay allows the use of PayPal as well. I find it is absolutely damaging for FeePay's reputation to be this stubborn, but they may not be aware of it yet. I know of many who refuse to buy on ebay now because they like freedom of choice and they enjoy having a google checkout account. They may or may not be using alternately PayPal and GC, but I believe it should be their choice! America has been built on the principle of freedom, and I for one do not want to live in a dictatorship, ever. So, I believe FeePay is loosing out on business, real big time.

Just wait until the next fee increase or other, unpopular change is announced on FeePay - and issues like this one may also get publicized in possibly increased numbers of angry posts, which may turn out to be something FeePay won't like, at least there is a possibility that these topics could add fuel to many leaving FeePay.

Last edited by ClassicTreasures on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
jwautographs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think ebay will ever allow Google Checkout, why should they? Would you do something not in your best interest?

I don't think Google is launching Checkout with ebay in mind anyway. The Internet buying habits are changing and the "off the bay" purchases are growing while ebay is struggling to keep market share.

Consumers are now more comfortable looking elsewhere on the net to find their products.

I hope Google does not start an auction. Why would they want that headache? Why would we want another venue like that?

Been there, done that.
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hope Google does not start an auction. Why would they want that headache? Why would we want another venue like that?
jwautographs

Well, I don't think google will come out with its own on-line selling venue within the next 2 years, at least. However, I am pretty confident if they would, that would not end up in similar headache as you are referring to.

Smile
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClassicTreasures wrote:
Even eBid which has its own payment service called PPPay allows the use of PayPal as well.

But they allow it because there's no way they could stay afloat by demanding you only use their payment service. It's an effort to bring more buyers in and keep buyers from leaving.

The theory is that eBay may eventually have to start thinking in the same way. If enough buyers are leaving eBay and/or demanding the Google option then it will be in their best interest to allow it.

Whatever happens I do believe this will be Google's year.
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody posted a link on the store board to a petition to eBay to allow GC on its site, either yesterday or today. I went to check out that link and found all kinds of petitions are posted on that site, from various national and international contexts. Those who want to sign the petition need to fill in their name, address, tel number e-mail address, (etc.) and optionally, their eBay user ID and other things. I found it too cumbersome to join the petition, but I would have signed it if they would have only asked for user ID and no personal data.

It appears to have been started by some real big sellers who have some association.

Last edited by ClassicTreasures on Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClassicTreasures wrote:
I found it too cumbersome to join the petition, but I would have signed it if they would have only asked for user ID and no personal data.

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think petitions mean anything to eBay. They only start paying attention when it becomes clear that they will or have lost enough revenue over a specific issue. But Americans are a people who will complain and complain about terrible service/product but continue to buy it anyway. It's only when they quit buying that the corporations know they really have to make any changes..
MIZombie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

But Americans are a people who will complain and complain about terrible service/product but continue to buy it anyway. It's only when they quit buying that the corporations know they really have to make any changes..

You got that right look at how many people hate wally world but keep on shopping there. Course it's kinda a naughty feeling knowing you put another American out of work because you saved 25 cents on that pack of pens, kinda like when you were a kid and snook out the window at night!

I really try to avoid wally world all I can!
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"off the bay" purchases are growing while ebay is struggling to keep market share.

Consumers are now more comfortable looking elsewhere on the net to find their products.

That's a fact. 2007 is supposed to see a huge shift from auction venue selling to e-commerce selling Very Happy They say the small sellers will need to get with it, or will be left behind. I see myself getting off ebay completely and only selling from my site.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: