eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simplygifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: What if.. Reply with quote

What if I did it like this, would it work?
ZONE 1 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 16+
10.00 10.00 10.00 10.00 10.00 20.00 30.00 40.00 50.00 10.00
Then for the weight of my product I do as the link says above. Divide the price of my product by 10. Example: if my proct is $7.50 divide by 10; the weight is 0.75.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your information doesn't make sense. I am looking at all your posts. You have an example where you multiply $40 item purchased by 12%. But the percentages you listed for amounts between $30 and %500 all have higher than 12%. In fact the lowest one says 17%.

Can you please state a rundown of what the percentages are and how shipping is calculated by that company.

My understanding was they charge a percentage of the total item price.

That is if the item costs $40 on the west cost they charge 40*0.17 = $6.8 for shipping. (But your example shows different).

What am I missing?

(I don't want to say anything about the shipping settings you came up with before I know how stuff is calculated by the company. Right now forget the example I posted you to look at. You have one fixed portion then two different sets of percentages. That may not be doable using the shipping matrix with your shipping requirements.)
simplygifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Easier Reply with quote

To make it easier, I thought that products up to $89.99 could be charged a flate rate of $10. $90 dollars and up get the of 25% every additional $20. The company says that I can charge anyway that I want it. But my state is 25%. I don't want to charge too much or too less.
simplygifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Wait Reply with quote

Wait!! My mistake, it's $10 for every additional $20 order.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Easier Reply with quote

simplygifts wrote:
To make it easier, I thought that products up to $89.99 could be charged a flate rate of $10.

If you do that and someone from the East coast buys it the the shipping becomes:
89.99 x 0.27 = $24.30
The same order for someone from the west coast will have shipping:

89.99 x 0.17 = $15.30

You ship to either destination you are loosing anywhere from $5.30 to $14.30 dollars.

Why are you setting up your shipping to loose so much money?
Quote:
$90 dollars and up get the of 25% every additional $20.

I don't know what this means. 25% of what?
Quote:
But my state is 25%. I don't want to charge too much or too less.

What do you mean your state is 25%? The items are not shipped to you. They are shipped to the customer. Isn't it based on what state they are at?

Are those percentages based on what state the seller is? (if so, why?)
simplygifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: shipping?? Reply with quote

You see this is why, I need help. Yes, the company will send out the product, but if anyone buys from my state shipping is 25% x the total amount of the product. Not the highest (27%) not the lowest. But I thought I could make up the difference in price. Maybe, to save yourself from some aggrevation with helping me you can look at the link that you gave me earlier http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=16049 and see if this advice can also help my situation.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that example was perfectly fitting for your case I would not be trying to get additional info from you. Please don't tell me to look at the stuff I wrote and gave you a link to look at. I already know what is on that topic (I wrote the post there giving a solution).

Now that is said, from what I can gather what you posted here:

If the order total price is less than $30 the customer is to be charged $10 shipping (constant amount. No percentage, no variation)
If the order total price is between $30 and $500 the customer is to be charged 25% of the total product price as shipping.
If the order total price is above $500 the customer is to be charged %11.

Is this correct?

If it is, I cannot find a perfect fit for that shipping scheme. It cannot be done with eCrater's current shipping tools. Because you are changing the shipping scheme 3 times in to two different calculation methods (namely fixed value and percentage). And it is not even continually increasing. It increases from one value to another then it drops to increase again. The shipping matrix is not designed to handle such thing. If you just had one percentage to calculate things, it would have been simple to just calculate percent of each individual shipping cost from item price and enter as fixed shipping to. But you have a minimum below $30, which messes that up. Then you have the increasing amount when the total hits $500 you have a drop in shipping cost.

The closest I could come up is the following:

Price...............Shipping
$0-$30.............$10.00
$30-$59.99.......$15.00
$60-$119.99.....$30.00
$120-$179.99....$45.00
$180-$239.99....$60.00
$240-$299.99....$75.00
$300-$359.99....$90.00
$360-$419.99...$105.00
$420-$479.99...$120.00
$480&above...+$6.60 (that's 11% of $60 which is what we set every 2 pound weight to equal to in this scheme)

In Shipping Matrix:

You enter the following instead of the zeros int he boxes:

Zone________1____2____4____6____8___10___12___14___16___16+
US Mainland__10.00_15.00_30.00_45.00_60.00_75.00_90.00_105.00_120.00__6.60

For each destination you enter you will need to complete a line in the matrix.

In the products listings:
1. You select "Weight dependable" shipping option
2. in the weight box of the product you enter a psuedo-weight
calculate it in the following manner:
pseudo-weight = price of item divided by interval size
your interval size is $30 (we are setting the intervals as 30 times the weights in the shiping matrix)

So if you have a product that costs $7.50 you divide that by $30 which will equal to 0.25
In the weight box you enter 0.25 (don't leave out the zero when entering you might get an error message.)

If you have an item that costs $32. You divide the price by $30. and you get 1.07. Which is what you enter in the weight box.

3. Click on "update & exit"

4. do these steps for each product.

Be warned, once you use the weight of the product I this manner you cannot use the weight as actual weight.

The problem is when you hit $480 the shipping costs goes down. I put the %11 in the 16+ column but that is not it is it. That would be on top of the shipping cost at that point which is $120. So there will be excess always. If you put 0. Then at some poing the shipping cost will catch up with the number and then move beyond.

I didn't bother with the high end of your shipping. Especially early on you probably are not likely to sell the very expensive stuff in any case. Large orders will come later on I guess. (But I have no experience with selling SMC to base this on. It just seems logical to me that's all. So take that for what it is worth). I focused on staying closer to your costs at the lower end.

Of course you realize the calculations for the 25% region is not a 25%. That is just dividing it into sections and assigning a shipping number for that section. So for example between $61 and $120 the order will have a shipping cost of $30. As I said before you can give a partial refund for shipping.

For shipping cost on orders higher that $500 you can create coupon codes with Google Checkout to apply. Maybe you can call it a shipping discount coupon. Or something like that. And make them available for your customers. So they can use a $65 discount for orders above $500. That would even out the shipping cost discrepency at the high end of the matrix.

Unfortunately you can't create a coupon code with PayPal. Or with eCrater store. In case of PayPal payment you'll need to issue a partial refund for the buyer for the difference in shipping cost.
simplygifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank you. I will follow this. I'm sorry, that I pointed you to your own link. To tell you the truth, I didn't pay attention to who wrote it, I just thought that they were very smart (not that I thought you weren't at the time). I truely appreciate the time that you spent helping me. I am very grateful. Thanks.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. Hope it works out OK for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: