eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Published - good or bad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

I've been working on the keyword to improve them and finding articles and blogs. I joined "Big Fat Blog" a couple blogs on Mom's trying to put together references to buy children's plus size clothing.

E Boutique Online Ezine is willing to do an article in exchange for being included in their web advertising which I see a lot of competitors are already there.

I just keep thinking of this guy that bought a failed sock company in Hildebrand near Hickory, NC and I picked up my copy of Southern Living a few months ago and he and his family, business and what he sells were being interviewed and published.

I'm working with a jobber in NC to mfg. my own label - at that point I think I have a story worth telling. Right now I'm just a reseller.

I know from working on a Presidential campaign I was interviewed and quoted in our local newspaper so I'm keeping those ideas on the back burner.

I didn't know about the page ranker tool either, but I have Google Page Rank on my toolbar.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
www.cuteasabug.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
aspencounty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed some comments on page rank (PR) and wanted to show this.

http://www.iwebtool.com/visual_pagerank

What this tool does is gives the PR of every link in your store. As you can see, sometime internal pages (links) can rank higher than your main page or at least show that internal pages have PR too. It's just a fun little tool to play with.

I hope this doesn't confuse anyone. Personnally, I'm not a big supporter of Page Rank as it can be very misleading. For ecommerce type sites it really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things..but is interesting to know your PR.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Thanks - Reply with quote

Again thanks for your contribution.

Not sure what you mean by doesn't mean much in e-commerce?

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
aspencounty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks - Reply with quote

cuteasabug wrote:
Again thanks for your contribution.

Not sure what you mean by doesn't mean much in e-commerce?

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz

Perhaps I shouldn't have worded it like that.What I'm trying to say is PR and SERP (Search Engine Results Page...where you show up on a search) are two different things.

PR is heavily determined back the number of back links you have pointing to a site (Domain)

SERPs are determained by many differnet things, PR being just one of them.

I could basically have a one page site with little or no content and thousands of good links pointing to it and it would have great PR. Since this site has little content and little relevance it wouldn't show up high in the SERPs.

Additionally, PR is only used by Google (it's their invention) and PR is only updated three or four time a year. BTW, Google just completed an "update" and the update was based on data from the time of the last update to around the first week in December. If your site is new, you wont see a change in PR for three to four months BUT you could see an increase in SERPs.

I have seen sites with little or no PR show up very high in searches and I have seen sites with high PR show up very low in searches so to imply that PR was the determing factor, I think would be incorrect ( but that's just my opinion)

Maybe I should say PR is important but not the overriding factor in SEPRs and isn't something to become overly stressed about.

I have seen webmaster become obssesed over their site's PR and work their tails off getting and buying back links only to be disappointed that an increase in PR didn't automatically equal and increase in SERPS/sales.

Bottom line I guess is getting strong, quality links to your site is very important and will increase your site PR and visablity. That along with building a quality site (content) will increase the success of your sites.

Hope I didn't make things even more confussing

Wink
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rowsofclothes wrote:
If anyone wants to check the pagerank of their site you can check it here.

http://www.checkpagerank.com/

I got 3/10 on one and a 1/10 on another of my domain

BUt on my ecrater.com URLs I got
a 0/10 on one
a 2/10 on one
a 2/10 on another
a 0/10 on another
a 0/10 on another

HOLY MOLY!

I don't like this site! lol
aspencounty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
rowsofclothes wrote:
If anyone wants to check the pagerank of their site you can check it here.

http://www.checkpagerank.com/

I got 3/10 on one and a 1/10 on another of my domain

BUt on my ecrater.com URLs I got
a 0/10 on one
a 2/10 on one
a 2/10 on another
a 0/10 on another
a 0/10 on another

HOLY MOLY!

I don't like this site! lol

LOL.....The latest Google "update" isn't quit settled down yet. Google takes data from around 30 data centers and compares the data. What's happening is the date centers aren't synchronized so your getting confliting/incomplete data. Once Google can get all the centers in sync it will look better and Google will then update thier tool bar PR.

It looks like you are PR3!!!!

You can use this tool to check your "Live" Pr for the different data bases.

http://livepr.raketforskning.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: