eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

IF an item was purchased -deleted from inventory
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
griffengarb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: IF an item was purchased -deleted from inventory Reply with quote

could the buyer leave feedback?

Hope you can understand.
What I mean Is:

if I purchase an item..

The seller has deleted the item..

Could I still leave feedback for the seller?

Thank you!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as long as they meet the qualifications they can leave feedback.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I buy an item from you that you have deleted but hasn't had time to register as deleted yet or still shows up on Google. You refund me right away.

Are you asking if I can leave feedback?
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I buy an item from you that you have deleted but hasn't had time to register as deleted yet or still shows up on Google. You refund me right away.

Are you asking if I can leave feedback?

hhhmmm I was thinking they meant
I buy it, pay for it, they ship it, delete it
in which case YES, they can leave feedback.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller deleting the listing after it is sold does not change the order info in any way. As long as there is an order that qualifies for feedback the feedback email will be sent (that happens when the order is put through) and if the buyer does not leave a feedback a follow up email is sent by eCrater after 3 weeks passed.

Refunding the order does not stop feedback email from going out either. (Unless maybe if you are extremely speedy in doing it)

Deleting the listing before buyer gets a chance to recieve the item and compare look and be OK with it is not advisable. There may be issues and you might need to prove that what stated in the listing or showed to the customer. So keepin the listing hidden at least until the buyer got it is much better thing to do. (And if you sell something similar in the future, even if you don't use that same listing -which you actually can- you can use it to make a copy from.)
WylieonesSportscards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question then.... If Inventory Control is activated, does the Item
Delete or hide? if it's hidden, how long before it's deleted?
acread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WylieonesSportscards wrote:
I have a question then.... If Inventory Control is activated, does the Item
Delete or hide? if it's hidden, how long before it's deleted?

The quantity of the item is updated. So however many was put in the order is taken out of the total Qty. If the new amount reaches 0 thenthe listing is hidden. Never deleted. Deleting is done manually (or if the item itself is against eCrater's rules they may do it. But inventory control does not delete listings).

Once the item is hidden it can stay hidden forever (that is as long as you want to keep it).
WylieonesSportscards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick answer!!
griffengarb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for posting and asking further question about this subject.
I did know that admin sends out a feedback reminder ..

1.you said admin sends feedback reminder when the purchase is made
2. then again a feedback reminder sent after three weeks

Actually I now have to give the exact reason I posted that question.Just thought the answer would be easier if I just presented it as I did.

The size always listed.All my items have all measurements listed. Also the fabric material is also listed.
My TOS states Returns accepted if I have mis-represented the item or missed a defect. Also buyer must contact me before making a return.

I had a buyer purchase an item Jan 14. She paid by check. I shipped item w/delivery confirmation and she received it Feb 1.

No feedback left by this buyer nor any email contact from the buyer . A package arrived yesterday (now almost a month) .

She returned the skirt with a handwritten note on the note I include with my package.
"I am returning the skirt for it did not fit. Also I do not care for the material."
Usually I do work with the buyer since we all make mistakes.

But..

Not even notifying me. Plus the white linen skirt has an ugly blob of nasty hair and what every on it also some faint black smudges which look like may have come from the black pen she used to write the not with.

I am not a devious person like to play everything straight up...with respect for anyone who I may deal with.

But I really DO WANT to tell this person that is not the proper way to purchase online. So not wanting a negative .. I wanted to know if :

I DELETE THE ITEM IN MY INVENTORY....then send her a polite but straightforward email...my policy states returns accepted if I made a mistake or the item has a defect...not for any whim such as this. I feel I as I am held hostage again by the feedback ....

In this case if the item is deleted... could she still leave feedback??

Thanks... but it really got to me when I got package .. arrghhhh

Crying or Very sad
acread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as I stated she already received the email (I think up to 2 months she can leave the feedack with that link, or I think something of the kind around here someplace).

Don't let that stop you.

Since you received the item back (as long as it is in the same condition you sent it) then you should refund the price of the item. And not the shipping. Since you delivered and she send it back without even asking or checking your return policy.

If she leaves negative feedback, you can always make your case to eCrater. And if they decide you have been wronged they will remove it.

But of course you cannot keep the item and the price of the product since the customer does not have the product anymore, that would not be fair. Even if it is not in the same condition as you send it, then you should refund the depriciated value of the product. Since you have the possesion of the item now.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleting the item from your inventory has nothing to do with whether they can leave feedback. Deleting inventory is so you can keep track of what is and isn't for sale in your store.

But since she paid by check I don't think she can leave feedback anyhow. My understanding only the Paypal and Google Checkout purchases can leave feedback. So because of that I think you are safe.

Now you have to decide what you are going to do about a refund for this item that has been damaged. If she got black ink marks on a white skirt is is essentially unsaleable in my mind. But that is for you to figure out--I don't think anyone is going to come out happy in this one.
griffengarb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your responses. You are correct moonwishes.

The I don't care for the material & it does not fit.
Here is note /comment she made on the site when she purchased it:

Quote:
Payment through: Personal Check
Notes: The skirt itself size 12 is perfect. Thank you!!!

Certainly I do not wish to keep the skirt and her payment. That was never in my thoughts.

Just don't think I can be all that pleasant? Maybe after a few days???
Thanks everyone!!
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

griffengarb wrote:
She returned the skirt with a handwritten note on the note I include with my package.
"I am returning the skirt for it did not fit. Also I do not care for the material."
Usually I do work with the buyer since we all make mistakes.

But..

Not even notifying me. Plus the white linen skirt has an ugly blob of nasty hair and what every on it also some faint black smudges which look like may have come from the black pen she used to write the not with.

could it be she bought it to wear 1 time and then returned?
is she asking for a refund?
If the skirt is damaged I certainly wouldn't return any of her money.
griffengarb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, Yes she is asking for a refund. That is what I thought. One time use .

Her note on the order indicated it was a great fit!
acread

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this suggested to clothing sellers: put a big tag that cannot be easily removed in a very visible location (like right on the crotch area). Some place they can't tuck it into the belt or hem or pocket. So if the tag is gone you do not refund.

Since it is not an electronic payment you don't need to worry about feedback. But if the situation escalates they can complain to eCrater.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: