eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Has anyone noticed that when your customer uses.............
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Has anyone noticed that when your customer uses............. Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed that when your customer pays with PayPal their shipping address isn't provided within your transaction history?

So how do you ship to a confirmed address when it does not appear? I have had this several times and have had to refund the payments. Unfortunately, I believe it can take up to 30 days for those cards to get funded, thus my customer is out some $$ until then.

Obviously, this is not good.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

-Tom
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe someone else said the same thing not to long ago. Where are you talking about? In ecrater admin or on the paypal website? I can see the shipping address on both. Refunds are immediate. They can also send there funds from paypal to their bank account in 1-3 days.
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rowsofclothes wrote:
I believe someone else said the same thing not to long ago. Where are you talking about? In ecrater admin or on the paypal website? I can see the shipping address on both. Refunds are immediate. They can also send there funds from paypal to their bank account in 1-3 days.

Within PayPal in the payment details. Thank you for the info on the payment; I already know all of that. I am not new to PayPal, I have had my business account for about 4 years. Refunds are not immediate if customer pays with a credit card, only if they pay with PayPal funds. It may show "completed" within the payment details but it is not immediately credited to the customers card. That is up to the card issuer.

-Tom
randasresale

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email with the order info provides the shipping address.

Miranda
www.randasresale.com
www.randasresale.ecrater.com
www.randa-avenue.com
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ship to an address that IS NOT listed within PayPal as their PayPal Confirmed Address, you are NOT covered by their Seller Protection Program. Imagine sending a $600 exhaust to a customer who "says" he/she did not receive it BUT you have the signature.

Then imagine that you shipped to the address within ecrater or email from that customer.

PayPal will NOT honor the Seller Protection Program because the address is not within the payment details.

A regular credit processor takes the same action.

So good bye $600 and good bye product!

I don't know about you, but I am not shipping any product that costs or is worth hundreds of dollars unless I have some kind of "insurance" NOT assurance.

Luckily, the order I was talking about that started my thread has already repaid via PayPal invoice with his confirmed address showing.

-Tom
biggkidtoyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed the same thing lately. I am a little nervous but I will take a chance as I am not losing out on the sales that I have had.

Usually when your customers make a payment through Paypal, it comes up with "Confirmed" and provides their Confirmed Address.

When they complete the Paypal payment through Paypal out of the checkout, this information is not there. So you have to go into your Paypal account and Click on "Accept" or "Deny" because there is no Confirmed address.

This is the email that I receive... (No address Provided via Checkout)
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/biggkidtoyz/Paypal-Email.jpg

This is the view from my Paypal account (No address/Ineligible)
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/biggkidtoyz/Paypal-account.jpg

Is there a way to set this up somewhere within eCrater to fix this issue?
I looked around and came up empty.[/url]
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is just a muffler of mine, I would probably take the chance. NOT on my exhaust systems, just too much risk.

I did a google search on " shipping address not provided PayPal " and PayPal Development will come up explaining this mess. It appears to be a coding thing.

Could also be that a customer just didnt want to put the address in again, thinking that since it is in ecrater, that it will carry over during PayPal checkout/Payment.

-Tom
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When someone uses PayPal though a website they do not have to register with Paypal. Therefore PayPal does not have their address - nor does PayPal require it. Your eCrater.com order has the information on it.

If you really thing you are protected by PP- well let me say you really aren't. PayPal confirmed address ONLY MEANS that the address exsist. Not that the buyer is really at that address or anything else.
I know many that have been hit with stolen cc via PayPal and had their accounts frozen and money taken from them after shipping to a PP confirmed address - as ebay allows the buyer to contiue shopping and charging! PP doesn't stop the buyer either!

It's the costof doing business. At least online you don't have to deal with shoplifters!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
When someone uses PayPal though a website they do not have to register with Paypal. Therefore PayPal does not have their address - nor does PayPal require it.

That's a good point. If the buyer isn't registered with PayPal there can't be a confirmed address. But that still leaves the problem of those who are registered with PayPal.

Is there no way to check with PayPal about whether or not an address is confirmed? I can't remember at all, but if you ship the order through PayPal and manually add the address in does it say somewhere before the deal is done whether or not the address is confirmed and eligible for SPP?

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
If you really thing you are protected by PP- well let me say you really aren't. PayPal confirmed address ONLY MEANS that the address exsist. Not that the buyer is really at that address or anything else.

It's true, a SPP-protected transaction can always go bad for the seller depending on the circumstances. But generally speaking, making sure that address is confirmed is a good thing to do. I don't worry much about it myself unless the order is a high-dollar amount -- which is Tom's problem.
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with PayPal:

Unregistered Customers: Those who do not have an account, but just use their credit cards directly. PayPal verifies their address as their billing address just like any other Credit Card Processor using the numbers in the address and zip code to match with the CVV2. If everything matches, then buyers address becomes CONFIRMED which is exactly IAW Mastercard and Visa rules involving Billing Addresses.

PayPal Confirmed Address = Credit Card Billing Address.

Ship to that and get your signature and you will win every time.

I know from experience. Follow the rules to the "t" and you will have no problems.

I had one person win (initially) He tried to say he didn't receive item. I requested signature, he wasn't there. Customer called FEDEX and told them to just leave it. FEDEX noted "Customer Authorized Release" and made delivery. Customer then tried to say he did not get item. I had no signature. What did you think happened???

Nope ----- I won because PayPal called FEDEX to verify that Release was Authorized.

Did PayPal freeze those funds? Of course they did. But they are all mine now.

The only time you may loose is with AMEX. Because AMEX ALWAYS sides with the customer, no matter what. They don't care. You will loose.

I lost that one, BUT I won with PayPal and PayPal ate the charges up themselves.

I had the guys signature, I shipped to his PayPal confirmed address, he DID NOT have a PayPal account.

These unregistered customers will also be displayed as "UNVERIFIED" obviously because they do not have PayPal accounts.

The SPP covers you as long as the payment details display the CONFIRMED ADDRESS and you can prove you shipped to that address and received the signature.

It doesn't matter if member has a PayPal account or not.

Virtual Terminal: Same thing. Run the card through just like a manual machine. Verify address and zip code and CVV2 and you are golden. Ship to that address in PayPal.

Virtual Terminal is governed by Mastercard and Visa rules. Ship to the Billing address and get the signature and you should be golden.

How do you think these scammers are getting away with shipping empty boxes? Because they know the PayPal, Mastercard, and Visa rules better than anyone.

Well that is my PayPal rant for the day. When $500 can disappear in a flash, you start reading about and calling PayPal, Mastercard and Visa alot.

Have to say that this ecrater thing is great, I have made 5 sales in about 30 days (since I opened it)

-Tom
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT none of this came up with a solution or a reason as to why our customer's address do not show up within the payment details...............................................................................

-Tom
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnaflowexhaustshop wrote:
BUT none of this came up with a solution or a reason as to why our customer's address do not show up within the payment details...............................................................................

-Tom

Because it's not required by paypal when you have Paypal attached to a shopping cart. THe customer puts the address on the order at the shopping cart level. PayPal does not require it on the payment so it's not there unless they register with PayPal.
wahm922

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is really screwy with all of this. I recently had someone I know, an established seller with a long time PP account buy an item from my via eCrater and their shipping address did NOT show on the PP page when I went to print my postage.

I had to copy and paste the info from the order on eCrater, it was not even in an email.

If I go to the transaction page, it lists all their info including their website and phone number since its a seller account but not the address Question
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird because, if it's a PayPal thing it seems like it would be nothing to import the info -- but I don't know the technical aspect of all that.

Thanks for all the info re: unregistered members, Tom. Good to know!
capitalus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could that be that it's a temporary (hopfully) problem? I never had it before, but I got 3 sales today (finally after a 3 week pause - yey!!), all we placed by different customers and all had no paypal adress Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: