eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Dont get it????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Dont get it???? Reply with quote

I dont get it. I have a ton of lookers, but no sales. Crying or Very sad
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there. I get sales, I just can't get the customers to input their addresses into the paypal form when they check out from ecrater. The address is in ecrater, just not in PayPal account history.

And when you sell items at my prices, you definitely only want to ship to paypal confirmed addresses.

-Tom
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you gone through this advertising/promoting thread?
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4

How long has your store been set up? It can take a couple of months for the search engines to really find you.

Also, my impression is that some of our hits come from the store itself. Like any time an item is seen -- whether it's a customer clicking on the item or the item showing up in the Featured Items area on your front page -- a hit is counted. And, of course, whenever you look at your own items, a hit is counted there too.
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:

How long has your store been set up? It can take a couple of months for the search engines to really find you.

Also, my impression is that some of our hits come from the store itself. Like any time an item is seen -- whether it's a customer clicking on the item or the item showing up in the Featured Items area on your front page -- a hit is counted. And, of course, whenever you look at your own items, a hit is counted there too.

I have been up with this site for about 25-30 days and we are all over google, the real google AND of course froogle.

We already have a Google PR of 2. Not bad for a months work.

Now, if I can just get the ecrater-paypal interface to provide PayPal the shipping address within the PayPal account history/payment details, I would not have had to refund $500+ today.

-Tom
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnaflowexhaustshop wrote:
poopsheet wrote:

I have been up with this site for about 25-30 days and we are all over google, the real google AND of course froogle.

We already have a Google PR of 2. Not bad for a months work.

Now, if I can just get the ecrater-paypal interface to provide PayPal the shipping address within the PayPal account history/payment details, I would not have had to refund $500+ today.

-Tom

How are you advertising?
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO advertising.

IMHO -- It is all about the listing title.

Then it is about the volume of those listings.

I did a Google search and there are no links to my ecrater store. Once I can get some links out there, I would expect my Page Rank to increase. Get the Page Rank to increase, I believe Google automatically places you higher in the listing pages.

Several of my items are listed in the first page of regular google search. More in the top 5.

Let me look through your site to see if I can hook you up with some ideas.

-Tom
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO advertising.

IMHO -- It is all about the listing title.

Then it is about the volume of those listings.

I did a Google search and there are no links to my ecrater store. Once I can get some links out there, I would expect my Page Rank to increase. Get the Page Rank to increase, I believe Google automatically places you higher in the listing pages.

Several of my items are listed in the first page of regular google search. More in the top 5.

Let me look through your site to see if I can hook you up with some ideas.

-Tom

Thanks how nice of you.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TREASUREBOUTIQUE - you are selling in a very competive market - that anyone can buy "wholesale""dropshipped" all they have to do is a search online and they can buy at "wholesale" prices too.

I quick search on google for one of your items tells me

YOUR PRICE $19.99 + 8.99 shipping = $28.98
Others prices for the same item
$23.90
$23.10
$22.00
$25.94
$23.92

ALL the exact same item. there are 38 of them in froogle alone. Priced (excluding shipping) range from $9.89 to $40.
Your items do not come up in froogle because the terms of ecrater.com exclude them from going to froogle. So the only way you will sell them is to go get your customers yourself.

You might try getting with a local school and offering them 10% of everything sold that uses a special code you set up in google checkout - also giving the buyer a discount.

GOOD LUCK.
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see competitive pricing, decent keywords. Maybe place "black americana" in your titles for the appropriate items.

For TINKERBELL BANK I found you in Froogle on the first page, but other sellers are about $5.00 cheaper. Suggest getting prices closer together. add a few different keywords like material this is made out of, color, brag about it in your listing.

Hope this helps alittle bit.

Do you also sell on eBay or other venues? Only copy successful techniques. I use the same techniques and I have things everywhere:
eBay
ecrater
yahoo
ioffer
my two personal websites.

I have made sales at all of them. Of course eBay is the most sales.

-Tom
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also concur with BigTallMensClothing

-Tom
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see competitive pricing, decent keywords. Maybe place "black americana" in your titles for the appropriate items.

For TINKERBELL BANK I found you in Froogle on the first page, but other sellers are about $5.00 cheaper. Suggest getting prices closer together. add a few different keywords like material this is made out of, color, brag about it in your listing.

Hope this helps alittle bit.

Do you also sell on eBay or other venues? Only copy successful techniques. I use the same techniques and I have things everywhere:
eBay
ecrater
yahoo
ioffer
my two personal websites.

I have made sales at all of them. Of course eBay is the most sales, but ecrater and ***** are neck n neck.

-Tom
Thanks for your help, and advice
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
TREASUREBOUTIQUE - you are selling in a very competive market - that anyone can buy "wholesale""dropshipped" all they have to do is a search online and they can buy at "wholesale" prices too.

I quick search on google for one of your items tells me

YOUR PRICE $19.99 + 8.99 shipping = $28.98
Others prices for the same item
$23.90
$23.10
$22.00
$25.94
$23.92

ALL the exact same item. there are 38 of them in froogle alone. Priced (excluding shipping) range from $9.89 to $40.
Your items do not come up in froogle because the terms of ecrater.com exclude them from going to froogle. So the only way you will sell them is to go get your customers yourself.

You might try getting with a local school and offering them 10% of everything sold that uses a special code you set up in google checkout - also giving the buyer a discount.

GOOD LUCK.
Why does ecrater exclude from froogle? I thought they sent the to froogle
magnaflowexhaustshop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that what may be happening is that Froogle is limited the amount of same items. I would try to change up the titles with more details and wait about 3-4 days to see what happens when you search for your listings.

-Tom
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Did you read the terms?

http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
3.4 All products from affiliate websites will not be posted to Froogle. They will not be included in searches in the main eCRATER marketplace and will appear at the bottom of the respective categories. Affiliate website is a website provided with products, images and texts from another company to sell their products. Dropshippers and distributors are considered as affiliate too.
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:

Did you read the terms?

http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
3.4 All products from affiliate websites will not be posted to Froogle. They will not be included in searches in the main eCRATER marketplace and will appear at the bottom of the respective categories. Affiliate website is a website provided with products, images and texts from another company to sell their products. Dropshippers and distributors are considered as affiliate too.

Does this apply to google also? I guess thats bad news for me then Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: