eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

non profit storefront

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: non profit storefront Reply with quote

hi, anyone have any experience with a non-profit storefront?
i am an eCrater seller, and a friend of mine is trying to set up a non-profit.
but they can't find any FREE non-profit storefronts like eCrater works for for-profit storefronts.

any advice? or should i just go ahead and help them set up their non-profit site ( they need to funnel donations through somewhere) at eCrater? hmm...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
any advice? or should i just go ahead and help them set up their non-profit site ( they need to funnel donations through somewhere) at eCrater?

BEFORE doing that I suggest you read the terms of ecrater.com. IF they are not selling a product it is not allowed. Nothing says they have to sell the product for profit but they have to be selling something.
davka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: suggestions for non profit storefront? Reply with quote

thanks big an tall man store for the reply.
hmm..but if they sold t-shirts or somethign like that i wonder if they could still collect donations thorugh eCrater?

i did some research, and really there doesn't seem to be anything out there quite like eCrater that is free <for-profit> or <non-profit>..
anyone have suggestions?
thanks, davka outtie
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: suggestions for non profit storefront? Reply with quote

davka wrote:
hmm..but if they sold t-shirts or somethign like that i wonder if they could still collect donations thorugh eCrater?

I'm guessing not since it wouldn't be an actual product. Of course, lots of charities collect their donations by charging for products -- either "overcharging" so they get a donation off the top or charging for items donated..

You might contact eCrater directly and ask about it.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but if they sold t-shirts or somethign like that i wonder if they could still collect donations thorugh eCrater?

NO they can not list for a donation.
They can sell a T-shirt as an item but they can not have a "Make a Donation" as an item.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: