eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

email questions re outlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TotallyKids

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Outlook as well. I like it because all our emails can go into it.
It's easy to set up folders and notifications which flash on screen from
selected email carriers. I store my passwords, stores I buy from etc.
in their as well. Its quick and easy to get to.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I down loaded all the Windows live file but mail still gives me no options but live.com or hotmail. No way to customize it and the envelope on my toolbar still says it is not installed correctly. It's been saying that all along.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mail still gives me no options but live.com or hotmail

In outlook I click on Tools > Accounting Sewttings and I can add my emails to pull into the program. I knwo Windows Live has to have something like that somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't you just upgrade to Windows 7 or get a new computer? If so how do you still have outlook?

None of my old programs work on Windows 7. It won't accept Microsoft Word or my Corel photo editing and the Windows 7 photo feature doesn't do editing either. Vista did although I didn't use it.

There are lots of things I miss from Vista.

I haven't listed anything on ecrater for weeks now.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Didn't you just upgrade to Windows 7 or get a new computer? If so how do you still have outlook?

I own Microsoft Office 2007. Outlook is part of that software.

Quote:
None of my old programs work on Windows 7. It won't accept Microsoft Word or my Corel photo editing and the Windows 7 photo feature doesn't do editing either.

You need to install all the Microsoft programs. There are not part of the operating system. Windows 7 is the operating system. ALL my Microsoft programs work with windows 7.

Did you load your microsoft office cd to your new computer?
Sounds like you forgot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft office came as part of my last computer and I have no disk. There is a trial version of office in this one but I haven't installed it yet as it is the student/home version and doesn't include the mail option.

Previously I used Microsoft word (my copy) and the office and works that came with the computer. I don't do a lot of sophisticated work.
2daSource

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought my new computer, it came with Windows 7, which took some getting used to, as I had previously been using WIN 98 SE.

Until I read this posting, I hadn't given any thought to Outlook or Outlook Express, as I never made use of them on my old computer, since OE was a favorite target of viruses.

Instead, I'd always used a public email account, which has advantages like staying the same even though I might change computers or ISPs.

I currently have two gmail accounts and one yahoo email. I have the gmail accounts set up to export any emails that come in, to the yahoo account. My ISP email account does the same thing.

So I just check my yahoo account periodically and everything's right there.

By the way, hotmail is the least secure of the public email systems.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my Windows 7 Live mail installed for a while now but am aggravated at some of the options.

I had been plagued by companies spamming me after I either visited their site or bought something from them. I had successfully gotten them blocked by reporting them as spam. Since using Windows 7, all those blocks have been removed and several times a day I have to delete a slew of spam now. I can't even label them as junk. I get a message that the message cannot be moved so every day I have to delete them all over again.

As well, prior to Windows 7 all my ecrater, Google, PayPal and other important emails were going to my main email account. Now they all feed into junk and I can't figure out how to change this.

Any suggestions?
2daSource

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I've had my Windows 7 Live mail installed for a while now but am aggravated at some of the options.

I had been plagued by companies spamming me after I either visited their site or bought something from them. I had successfully gotten them blocked by reporting them as spam. Since using Windows 7, all those blocks have been removed and several times a day I have to delete a slew of spam now. I can't even label them as junk. I get a message that the message cannot be moved so every day I have to delete them all over again.

As well, prior to Windows 7 all my ecrater, Google, PayPal and other important emails were going to my main email account. Now they all feed into junk and I can't figure out how to change this.

Any suggestions?

Get a gmail or yahoo email account and have your other emails exported to whichever you sign up for.

The advantage of using gmail or yahoo is that if you change ISPs or even computers, your email address doesn't change.

That way, over time you can designate which emails are spam and have the account take care of it for you.

I don't know which anti-virus you are using, but I have Microsoft Security Essentials and they quite often delete emails that they consider to be spam, without my even seeing them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a gmail account and it is one of the problems as all the gmails come in to windows live multiple times.

Another issue is that the daily newletters we get when when we sign up with webpro news and similar, were previously all sent to one email address. Now they are coming to multiple addresses so I may have to delete the same email 3 or 4 times.

Now some spammer has attached my address book and is sending spam with a friend's name in the header. It looks like a forward from a friend.

By the way I am using the latest edition of Norton for security.
2daSource

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norton came pre-installed on my computer for the first 60 days. On day 61, I made sure that there was nothing Norton related on my computer.

I was not about to pay them $40-50 for something I can for free elsewhere.

You might try uninstalling Windows live and see what that does.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay for Norton. Free security keeps spamming me to upgrade and I got sick of it. And it keeps expiring without notice. I can get free security which is excellent from my ISP provider and I had it on my last computer but it slows down my computer so much I might as well have dial-up.

No way I am uninstalling live mail to go back to opening up 5 email addresses several times a day to check for emails.
2daSource

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched over to Microsoft Security Essentials which is free and runs in the background just like Norton did. I have not received any emails from them to upgrade or anything.

As for the problem with the emails, I have my ISP email, two gmails and one yahoo email account. I set up my ISP and the gmail accounts to export my emails to the yahoo account, so I only have to check ONE email account.
sewingsupplies-plus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Outlook (and email) quit working with Windows Vista. I was told at that time, (by Microsoft) you either purchase a newer version of MS Office or use Windows Mail. My version of Office was 2002 and I think they wanted all of those older versions to disappear, or be replaced with brand new versions of Office. Hmmm...Too expensive for me.

But.........I did find that the Outlook pst back-up still opens, in case you need an archived mail. Just double-click it. It will open, it just won't send or receive mail.

And, Windows Mail can be as cool as Outlook if you take the time to tweak all the settings.

Yep, it pulls in all my mail from gmail, yahoo, and webhost servers and dings! when it's finished.

Just go to START and type: Windows Mail in that small window. It should open for you.

Sandy
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sewing Windows live is doing that but I can't figure out how to get my important emails out of the junk box and into incoming mail. And since now they have decided I can't block spam all the important stuff is mixed up with penis enlargement, vicodin, Vistaprint and more.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: