eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Should I list toys in my store?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Should I list toys in my store? Reply with quote

I have a few new Star Wars battle games that my son does not want and I'm contemplating as to what to do with them.

If you were the customer, would you think it'd look weird if I listed those games in my store which mainly sells bath & body items?

Thank you,

Val
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
few new Star Wars battle games

How many is a few?
Enough to warrant it's own store?
if not, well what other options are you thinking?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you anticipate having a continual supply of kids toys, games and clothing? If so it might be worth opening a store for things you are finished with. Even with few items you will be able to promote it better than if you try combining promos of beauty products and used kids games.

Anyone looking at your store for beauty products will not be looking for games. You might get some traffic to the games via Google product search.
bat115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something here? Are our stores only supposed to carry one type of item?

Maybe someone coming to your store for beauty products might be interested in these games for their kids.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bat115 wrote:
Am I missing something here? Are our stores only supposed to carry one type of item?

Maybe someone coming to your store for beauty products might be interested in these games for their kids.

Since SEO is all about relevance selling related products in online stores produces the best results.
bat115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
bat115 wrote:

Since SEO is all about relevance selling related products in online stores produces the best results.

ah, I see.
bat115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean no ill will, sarcasm or insults by my comments. I am just still new to the SEO side of things.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bat115 wrote:
I mean no ill will, sarcasm or insults by my comments. I am just still new to the SEO side of things.

hey,no problem. You learn by making comments and having everyone correct you, lol
bat115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
bat115 wrote:

hey,no problem. You learn by making comments and having everyone correct you, lol

lol
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bat115 wrote:

The key word here is MIGHT. Successful businesses aren't built around might, perhaps or maybe. That's like saying if I walk down a street lined with millionaires mansions I might find a fortune lying in the street. Odds are you won't but then again you might.

Targeting your market and specific promotion will keep food on the table while you're waiting for the windfall. It's the difference between waiting for success to find you or going out looking for it.
bat115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
bat115 wrote:

The key word here is MIGHT. Successful businesses aren't built around might, perhaps or maybe. That's like saying if I walk down a street lined with millionaires mansions I might find a fortune lying in the street. Odds are you won't but then again you might.

Targeting your market and specific promotion will keep food on the table while you're waiting for the windfall. It's the difference between waiting for success to find you or going out looking for it.

I understood and still understand all that. I didn't mean to get everyone all bent out of shape by my posting here. Sad

I'm just coming at this from the angle of selling whatever I can to cater to all customers.
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your replies. Sorry, I totally forgot about this OP. These games are all brand new, unopened. I have about 24 boxes of them, all the same. The only difference between those boxes is there are mystery figurines in each box. My husband and I drove all over town to collect these when my son insisted on collecting them. Then after a month, he decided to not want the rest of the games and want to sell them so that he can buy something else.

I don't really anticipate selling old toys, games or clothing my kids have outgrown as we've been donating every piece of them to charities.

So anyway these toys are too few to merit a store by itself. And they're still sitting in my storage room sort of like an eye sore, kind of make me feel bad for wasting all that money every time I see them.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home and body,
If I were you I would show a category on your home page with the toys/games. That way people looking at your store will see that you have them available.

I agree 24 games will not merit a store although there are people here who have fewer than that in their stores.

Bat115, I don't think you got anyone bent out of shape by posting. We were just trying to clarify things for you. You said you were new.
ToyTraders

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: re: toys Reply with quote

Hey, I'd be glad to post them in my store for you ... free of charge unless of course ecrater charges me for listings Smile)

Check it out and lmk ... I'm sure we can work it out
bat115

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:
Home and body,
If I were you I would show a category on your home page with the toys/games. That way people looking at your store will see that you have them available.

I agree 24 games will not merit a store although there are people here who have fewer than that in their stores.

Bat115, I don't think you got anyone bent out of shape by posting. We were just trying to clarify things for you. You said you were new.

It's cool, maggie, I'm getting the hang of this now. Sorry again if I came off on a wrong note! No hard feelings, I hope? I appreciate all the help and hope I can someday be a more productive member of this community.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: