eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question on snow boots for sellers in snow country

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Question on snow boots for sellers in snow country Reply with quote

I'm trying to decide what to do with my inventory of used shoes and realized I have this pair of boots that I never offered for sale. (How they came to be in a thrift store in north Florida is a mystery.) I'm sorting all my inventory as to eCrater, one last effort on the bay, donate or trash.

Is it too late in the year to sell a pair of quality used snow boots? Are folks still interested in buying snow boots or should I wait until next fall? I figured my fellow sellers here who live where it snows would know way more about the subject than myself.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, I used to live in Montreal and fly to Florida 2-3 times a winter. I usually needed the snow boots to get to and from the airport in Montreal. I easily understand how Snowbirds leave boots behind in Florida. Many leave the snow in Dec-Jan and return in spring when there is no snow and they don't need the boots.

One advantage to listing the boots now is that they are sure to be indexed by next boot shopping season. FYI I bought a pair of boots for last winter in September because I am hard to fit and need to try on every pair in the store usually. I took off my sandals to try on the boots.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it too late in the year to sell a pair of quality used snow boots?

Colorado snowest month is MARCH

Quote:
Are folks still interested in buying snow boots or should I wait until next fall?

I sell more swim suits in winter then in spring and summer combined ... why?
Because they can't find them in stores. Try finding a pair of boots in July. Around here in the mountains ther is snow ALL THE TIME.
Something to think about
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a pair of snow boots in years because I can't find any that fit so I go through the snow up to my knees in sneakers. Any time is a good time to list something when you aren't going to pay a listing fee on it. If you would be keeping them till next winter anyhow, list them now. I sold more Christmas sewing patterns in January than I did the months coming up to Christmas. It is hard to predict customer behavior.

On the subject of boots. I need a pair of men's size 13 Knee high wader/Wellingtons boots for hubby for when the sump pump kicks off and the basement turns into a swimming pool. I've been looking for years. The dear man freezes his feet in the water trying to fix things.
spacestationvideogames

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Selling boots Reply with quote

You have nothing to loose by posting it on eCrater. It is free and if it takes a year and a half to sell at least it will sell.
http://spacestationvideogames.ecrater.com/
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonwishes,

It doesn't look like Mike has the size you are looking for but he might have a suggestion on where to look.

http://www.mikessportingoods.ecrater.com/
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for your answers. BT, I had no idea that the biggest month for snow in Colorado is March. Brrrrrr

After I posted the question, I saw reports on TV about the latest snow in the Northeast. I knew winter wasn't over, but I just wasn't sure if folks were still looking to buy boots. Down here we watch for Valentine Day ... normally you have to do your winter pruning before then or it's too late. However, this year has been colder than usual and we even had a snow day!

Maggie, I don't think it was snowbirds leaving their snow boots. I'm more inclined to think it was either military or locals that didn't want to go back to snow. I see skis, ski poles, carry cases for skis, etc locally, but I have little knowledge of what I'm seeing in that department.
bvfishseller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We live in Colorado also, but we're driving thru Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa today - SNOW everywhere we've been today. I agree with the others, it costs nothing to list it, and you never know who needs them and when! Good luck!
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BT, I had no idea that the biggest month for snow in Colorado is March. Brrrrrr

I didn't say it's cold. It snows ALOT at night and well by the time I get up and about it's gone.
Here you see people in boots and shorts and a hoodie - never know when that snow will come
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got dumped on again last night. I'm scared to think of how much snow to go through to get to the mailbox out by the street.

The thing to remember is some people search for bargains or what they need year round and assuming you are selling these boots with the right price they could be snapped up if they are adults as adults feet size change rarely. I know when I still tried to find snow boots, I looked year long for them and grabbed them when I could find them. Now I don't bother as I just don't have the energy for the hunt. But I know people will look for these at any time, especially now as they are realizing that their boots are worn out and need to be replaced. If you forget and don't get shopping at regular stores, it is amazing how quick things like boots in popular sizes sell out during the short season that they sell them. Same thing happens with winter coats.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
I didn't say it's cold.

Ha, if it could snow at any time then it's too cold for me!
bdskeystonecorner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I live in the Northeastern part of the country. We still have a ways to go before we do not have to worry about snow. We have gotten 6 feet so far. I would say, go for it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: