eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Item Sold - Still Visible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeautyBargains4u

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Item Sold - Still Visible Reply with quote

I sold an item yesterday, and after receiving payment, I put a "sold" logo on the product. Then, I read in the FAQ section that you should "hide" the item, which I did. However, even when I use another computer (without signing in), the item is still visible to buyers and the "Buy Now" button is still active. Do I need to delete the item, instead of hiding it? If I delete it and the buyer later wants to review the item, it will no longer be visible to her.

Sorry for all the questions...I'm still learning! Embarassed

Ann
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember any editing you do will take 2 hours before it show in search results. So if you were looking for the item using the search it may appear like it is not hidden. As long as the product name turned grey (from the normal blue) in your products section, it means it is hidden.

You can enable your Inventory Control in your store to help you change quantity numbers and hide the listing when it is sold out. It's located in the Options section.

Oh and if it wasn't clear, you don't need to delete the listing. You can just hide it (manually or using the Inventory Control).
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
even when I use another computer (without signing in), the item is still visible to buyers and the "Buy Now" button is still active.

When you click on HIDE it should take effect IMMEDIATELY - no waiting time. The buy now botton changes to an ON HOLD button.
You can see the item for about 2 hours BUT you can not purchase it.

Did you scrool to the bottom and click on update & exit button after you checked the box in front of Hide?
BeautyBargains4u

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Every thing is okay now, I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: