eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New to Ecrater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: New to Ecrater Reply with quote

Very Happy When you are new to ecrater what is one of the best ways to get attention to your shop? Have only 6 items posted at present.

I guess that feedbacks is something that has been recently added to ecrater. And it seems that alot of people prefer not to have it. Find that I am in agreeance.

It's nice to have a compliment sometimes, but as a business person I put my heart into everything I do. I would be ashamed to sale a product that is crappy for it's my reputation on the line. I wouldn't want someone to buy a product that I would not purchase myself.

I have been trying to link my store to Google, but it does not seem to be working. Can anyone give me assistance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
You do not submit your store to google, ecrater does. A couple of things you may not be aware of - instructions about shipping and payment is not allowed in your product listing. Those need to be on your terms page which you already have. Only text pertaining to the item is allowed in the listing. The rest is considered boiler plate and is against ecrater and google rules. Just a heads up Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you are new to ecrater what is one of the best ways to get attention to your shop? Have only 6 items posted at present.

Get more items posted. Use great titles, use great keywords, use Google attributes, use good spelling.

Quote:
I guess that feedbacks is something that has been recently added to ecrater

Ecrater has had feedback for as long as I've been here (around 2 years)

Quote:
I have been trying to link my store to Google, but it does not seem to be working. Can anyone give me assistance.

Sounds like you need to read up on the FAQ and how to set up your store etc. or at least read these forums before posting the questions as this has been answered many times and in many ways. You do not add your store to Google, ecrater does that. However you can and must do your own marketing and promoting, including linking yourself to the other search directories.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store and your items look pretty nice to me. Good luck!

I do think you should get rid of that statement about a fee to make a refund by PayPal; it's Google checkout that charges a fee for a refund. (I believe I have read that; I don't offer Google.) Even in that case, it doesn't strike me as something I would bring up to a customer.

When you make a refund by PayPal, they refund the amount you request to the customer and also refund to you the fee they charged you on that amount. I have never paid a fee for a PayPal refund and I've made quite a few.

Best wishes!
Becky Smile
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you are new to ecrater what is one of the best ways to get attention to your shop?

New or old don't matter. Your success depends 100% on your promoting and your advertising to get yoru customers into your store.

Quote:
I guess that feedbacks is something that has been recently added to ecrater.

Added in 2006, if I recall correctly.

Quote:
* google - http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
Strikingedeals

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed your photos are not exact squares.So part of photos are cut out and so the thumbnail picture on google or ecrater main search will look not clear.

You can download A square Image 2 free software to make perfect squares with any dimension photos.

Best Wishes.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That statement about PP refunds will scare away buyers as it sounds like they charge the buyer a fee for refunds and you are not responsible.

Like it or not you are responsible for getting the item to the buyer in advertised condition and if you don't offer refunds buyers can do chargebacks with their credit cards so making statements like that do not help you make sales. You want your site to sound friendly and couraging to buyers.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please be advised it is my suggestion that you have insurance placed on the product(s).

Reason: In the event of damage or losses - Customer may report claims for reimbursement of funds through the U.S. Postal Service. (See - Refunds and Exchanges)

Seller will not be held responsible for lost or damaged items.

Refunds and Exchanges
In the event of damage or losses:

Customer may report claims for reimbursement of funds through the U.S. Postal Service that is if you purchased insurance. If you failed to purchase insurance - please clearly understand, you are at a complete loss.

As there is no way for a customer to add on insurance even if they wanted to here at ecrater. To tell them to buy insurance and then not provide a way to buy it isn't going to work. As the OP said it is YOUR responsibilty to be sure that your item is received by the buyer in one piece and in the condition that you described. Insurance is protection for the seller in case something goes wrong in transit. If you don't buy insurance for your outgoing items and they are lost, etc. it is YOU that is at the complete loss, not your customers. All they have to do is ask their credit card company for a chargeback and will most likely get it.

Are you at least putting delivery confirmation on your products so that you can tell if they received them or not? If you don't and a buyer claims an item didn't arrive, your only recourse is to reimburse your buyer in full, including shipping, as you didn't fulfill your end of the deal. There are Federal laws controlling mail order business under which our selling on line falls. Basically those laws say that the seller is responsible to get the item to the buyer within a certain amount of time. It isn't the buyer's responsibility to be sure the item gets to them. That being said, your terms are scary and as a buyer I wouldn't feel comfortable buying from your store.
MSTheJewelryBox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Welcome to ecrater Reply with quote

Love your boxes!

http://www.msthejewelrybox.ecrater.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: