eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to fit a picture?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thedressobsess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: How to fit a picture? Reply with quote

I saw how to fit a store image, but have no idea if I can fit a picture into a listing? They look too big and not nice.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you mean by
Quote:
but have no idea if I can fit a picture into a listing?

They need to be larger than 250 x 250 pixel so you won't get any Google Ads. Other than that there aren't many rules.

What specifically about product image is bugging you?

If you mean how they look inside a category, you need to have square images.

If you want the List View instead of the Gallery View then select or unselect the option in Options, whichever your preference may be.

Most customers like large images. They want to see the product you are selling.

Are you refering to inside product pages? You can't really change the size there. They need to be larger than 250x250 pixels. You may take only vertical rectangle images or only horizontal rectangle images, Other than that there isn't much you can do. eCrater automatically sizes the images. The page layout is pretty much set.
olliesoft

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Images Reply with quote

acread wrote:
I don't know what you mean by
Quote:
but have no idea if I can fit a picture into a listing?

They need to be larger than 250 x 250 pixel so you won't get any Google Ads. Other than that there aren't many rules.

What specifically about product image is bugging you?

If you mean how they look inside a category, you need to have square images.

If you want the List View instead of the Gallery View then select or unselect the option in Options, whichever your preference may be.

Most customers like large images. They want to see the product you are selling.

Are you refering to inside product pages? You can't really change the size there. They need to be larger than 250x250 pixels. You may take only vertical rectangle images or only horizontal rectangle images, Other than that there isn't much you can do. eCrater automatically sizes the images. The page layout is pretty much set.

I'm new to trying eCrater as well. One of the things I noticed is in product thumbnails they are fixed sized.

Considering that images are displayed more often than not in a web browser application and that means a computer screen (vs say mobile device) aspect ratio's are not being maintained.

This as a programming task is easily accomplished (I am a software engineer as well). Uploading images often results in data from images being "cut off" on the vertical axis as the site is not maintaining aspect ratio's.

This leads to a rather "botched" look to many images. That being again, portions of the vertical axis on images "cut off" and other's will look improper as again, the aspect ratio is not preserved.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you uplaod your squarest image as your default
then the image is NOT cut off and it appears fine on google shopping as well.
olliesoft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
IF you uplaod your squarest image as your default
then the image is NOT cut off and it appears fine on google shopping as well.

Yes, I realize that. However I am not about to resize over 8000 product images to "squares" which not only would take forever but also creates differences between images used on other sites and impacts the image quality.

Managing one set of thousands of images is chore enough.

Point being, images should maintain aspect ratio's irregardless. This is just plain ole' computer imaging 101. Imagine if Amazon or eBay on and on just decided "Well, image aspect ratios dont matter".

Visual's are 70% of sales. Its why video sells, images sell, appealing looking webshops sell. Google does not require square images.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point being ... in ecrater 101 you learn ...

The image don't have to be exactly square .. but using your squarest helps.

I didn't say google requires a square image. I said ...
Quote:
it appears fine on google shopping as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: