eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

sales??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: sales?? Reply with quote

Does anyone make a good amount of money off thier store? just wondering Laughing
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support a family of 4 on my online sales. I think I do ok. I have a plan to triple last years income in 2007!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Very Happy
Buytime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed Smile
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: How long??? Reply with quote

how long did it take for all of you to get sales? My store looks so pretty, and no sales. My prices are reasonable. Been 2 months
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a 3-5 days to get 2 sales, then a few more here and there, maybe 10 the first month (guessing). Then I got my site, directed everything to my e-crater store, submitted everywhere, did reciprocal linkage which all took about 5 days, and I've been selling steady, and outselling my eBay store, ever since.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: How long??? Reply with quote

TREASUREBOUTIQUE wrote:
how long did it take for all of you to get sales? My store looks so pretty, and no sales. My prices are reasonable. Been 2 months

Patience - PROMOTIONS - ADVERTISING

It can take search engines 4-8 weeks to find you AFTER you submitted your URL to them. So if you did that when you first opened it - check them, see if they found you yet, if not, resubmit.
Buytime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took almost a month to get our first sale.
Keep at it.

Kenny
troesmita

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

This is something that I am really focused at. Until now I've always lived under the umbrella of my parents. Now I am about to build my own family and as everyone must have experienced, I am a bit (actually very) scared. I have been going well with my online sales, and now I am so hardly looking forward to be able to make an income to live each month. I'd wish I could build my income out from eCrater and my website.

Take care everyone.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Patience - PROMOTIONS - ADVERTISING
It will happen. Very Happy
randasresale

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
It took me a 3-5 days to get 2 sales, then a few more here and there, maybe 10 the first month (guessing). Then I got my site, directed everything to my e-crater store, submitted everywhere, did reciprocal linkage which all took about 5 days, and I've been selling steady, and outselling my eBay store, ever since.

Fancy Flappers, do you use a domain or a free page? What's your site?

Randa
www.randasresale.com
www.randasresale.ecrater.com
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay $4 a month for my site and have my own domain name. www.FancyFlappers.com
wahm922

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I've been trying for years to make a decent income selling online. I honestly think you need something people want that is hard to find like Big Tall mens clothing or FF's unique costumes.

If your selling items that everyone else is selling sales are harder to come by. I was selling plus size lingerie on ebay and I did well with it but it was very hard to keep a large qty stocked in my house and I wanted to offer more so I switched to a drop shipper, actually the manufactor offered the service. Worst mistake I made. I'm now selling what everyone else is selling.

At one time I was the only one on eCrater with this lingerie but not anymore - its everywhere so now I'm lost in the crowd. I refuse to lower my prices anymore and work for pennies so I'm giving that up for now.

I will continue to search for my niche and hope to someday help my husband pay the bills around here so he doesn't have to work 6 days a week and late nights.

So what I'm really saying is you need to find something unique that works for you. Selling dropshiped items that everyone else is selling isn't going to make you that FT income.

Sellers like BT have been at this for many, many years and have so much to teach us, an online income doesn't happen overnight it take alot of work, alot of learning and alot of trial and error - believe me I know Rolling Eyes

I know its not what you wanted to hear but I know how it feels to see others successfully selling while you just watch and wait for the sales to roll in. It's hard I know Sad
jwautographs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have been selling online for over ten years and it is not easy in any respect!

First, look at your competition. What sets you apart or gives you an advantage? Take a long look at the numbers and realistically decide if you can gain enough market share to make any real money.

Second, free is such a lovely word but rarely applies to building a financially strong business. There are many ways to spend money promoting your business but be careful as most of them waste your money.

Third, be prepared to change. Once you have something figured out a thousand others will be following your lead.

George Bush, Sr once referred to "a thousand points of light". Consider promoting your business the same way. It takes many little points of promotion to find the buyers.

One of the main problems I see sellers doing is trying to sell based on low price alone. Unless you find a way to sell in volume it's very difficult to make money as it requires many sales combined to make enough money.

In the beginning I used to sell 100-150 autographs per week with an average net profit of $5 to $10 each. Did extremely well until every autograph dealer and collector on the planet joined the game! If I tried that now I'd be eating crackers and living in a box.

I now focus more on higher priced, more difficult autographs to find(in authentic form that is), with a higher profit potential. My only goal now is to find that one buyer on the planet who wants what I have and is willing to pay for it. Looking for that needle in the haystack so to speak and it works often enough that I survive but it is always challenging.

Finally, do everything possible to keep your customers coming back to you. Get them to trust you by being honest, caring, and personal. Do your best to bond with them.
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what your saying. I have decided to buy from a company take own photos, and they are not dropshippers. Plus alot of vintage jewelry. My other stuff will be there for them to browse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: