eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Paypal questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoonfedbabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Paypal questions Reply with quote

Hi,everyone,I have 2 questions regarding paypal.

1.A seller uses Paypal personal account and his account is limited to just 6 or 7 transactions a month.If the buyer already makes payment through Paypal and the seller can't withdraw the money due to the limitation,can the buyer take back the money and do the seller and buyer encounter any problems regarding scam with paypal?

2.I heard that Paypal fixed the time of shipping by 7 days at maximum after the seller has already received payment.If the seller and buyer agree on the the time of shipping of about 15 days,will they have to inform Paypal to clear Paypal review?

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1.A seller uses Paypal personal account and his account is limited to just 6 or 7 transactions a month.If the buyer already makes payment through Paypal and the seller can't withdraw the money due to the limitation,can the buyer take back the money and do the seller and buyer encounter any problems regarding scam with paypal?

#1 - a personal card should not be used for an online business.
Isn't it 6-7 cc transaction PERIOD not a month? And then you pay fees on each one anyways and I thought the fees were higher.
The buyer can still file claims etc. PayPal will focus you to upgrade at some point - not sure when that happens.

Quote:
2.I heard that Paypal fixed the time of shipping by 7 days at maximum after the seller has already received payment.If the seller and buyer agree on the the time of shipping of about 15 days,will they have to inform Paypal to clear Paypal review?

huh? sorry I don't understand
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal questions Reply with quote

spoonfedbabe wrote:

Thanks

Is that for using PayPal everywhere or just on Ebay? It is part of the "Seller Protection Policy" Laughing and I can only find reference to it at the Ebay site.

Since you are asking if it is affected when the seller and the buyer agree to wait longer, I think you would be OK unless the buyer decided later on to file a complaint. Once a buyer files a complaint, the scales shift significantly in that direction! Rolling Eyes At the request of a customer, I waited nearly 3 weeks to ship something at Christmas. He was coming to the US for Christmas vacation and wanted me to ship it to him here instead of shipping it overseas. I didn't get any messages from PayPal or anything and he was happy.

I know nothing about #1 from a policy standpoint, but from a business standpoint, using a personal account for a business is like admitting that your business is never going to sell much. Have faith and think big! Smile (And follow the rules!)
Becky
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Just because the seller is using a personal Paypal account, why does that involve the buyer? Just because you can't get your money out doesn't mean that you shouldn't ship the item to the buyer. You have the money if buyer paid. If you don't ship, the buyer can't take the money out of your account but they can complain to Paypal and THEY can grab the money back. Why would you not want to ship an item after a buyer paid once you know the money is in your account? What you need to do is convert to a business account if this is a problem you are having or else close your store as it doesn't sound like you are serious about your business.

Same with shipping time. Why do you need more than 7 days to ship? By ecrater rules I thought everything for sale had to be available to ship if listed. Unless the buyer requests a shipping delay as the other poster mentioned, most buyer want their stuff yesterday. The faster you ship the better your feedback. If you are delaying shipment until you can get money out of your paypal account, that isn't fair to the buyer. Paypal generally has no idea when you ship. They only know if there is a problem if the buyer complains.

Quote:
do the seller and buyer encounter any problems regarding scam with paypal?

What scam? Paypal isn't scamming people. A buyer who paid for an item isn't scamming people. The only one left that might be scamming is the seller that won't ship after payment.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PayPal no longer has personal/business accounts, they have personal & purchase payment. The current user agreement states that the fee is based on the reason for the payment. If the payment is a purchase payment (sale of goods, payment sent to business, donation, payment sent because you received a request for payment) then the receiver will be charged the PayPal fees.

If it is a personal payment, it must be between 2 individuals and is only free when it is funded from a PayPal balance or bank account. If a different funding source is used, the person sending the money indicates who is to be charged the PayPal fees.

The agreement also states "If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments."

If I purchased something from a seller who asked me to send a personal PayPal payment, I would tell the seller to cancel the sale. I wasn't sure if the OP was the buyer or seller, but if I was a buyer I would not buy.

OP, I looked at your store and you have $0.00 shipping listed which means your items will ship for free, however you state a shipping cost in your description. Once the buyer checks out and pays $0.00 shipping, you can't add the charge. We are covered by Federal mail order rules. You need to complete the shipping information in your store. You should review FAQs and Solutions -> Solutions to Common Questions - SHIPPING MATRIX & MORE
acread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
PayPal no longer has personal/business accounts, they have personal & purchase payment. The current user agreement states that the fee is based on the reason for the payment. If the payment is a purchase payment (sale of goods, payment sent to business, donation, payment sent because you received a request for payment) then the receiver will be charged the PayPal fees.

Holysmokes when did this happen? Thanks for letting us know.
spoonfedbabe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks,everyone.I didn't study Paypal carefully.I had no idea about Paypal's 3 types Personal ,Premier and Business .Only when I read your posts did I discover that I use Premier account. Smile.

to SheilaDeesPostcards: I'll try it,thanks.

to MoonwishesStore:I mistook the day the seller must ship with the day the product must reach the buyer.So,it turns out the seller must ship the product within 7 days after receiving payment,not the product must reach the buyer within 7 days Confused
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:

Holysmokes when did this happen? Thanks for letting us know.

AC, it was announced by email on 05/01/09 and was effective 06/01/09.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoonfedbabe.

I just took a look at your store. I am really confused. What country do you live in and ship from? I ask because you quote weights and measurments in metric. That won't impress American buyers.

Also your url is spoonfedbabe but your store banner says Accessories. That is really going to confuse the buyers.

Your stated shipping terms are very confusing. I haven't a clue what you mean.

Also you have a pair of shoes listed that are partially hidden by the jeans and then you do not mention the size anywhere. You have a listing for a 50cent pendant on a dog chain and you talk about it being lace.

You have a $15 shipping charge for the shoes in the US by EMS and want to add $15 for UPS, then you go on to state the EMS charges $40 per kilogram.

I realize this has nothing to do with PayPal but you really need to get your listings straightened out.
spoonfedbabe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

Thanks so much for your comments on my store.

+ I live in Vietnam,I don't know much about Ameican customers' habbits. Maybe the next time I'll switch to inch instead of metric.I'll pay attention to this.

+Regarding my store banner,I am just testing.My store is still being under construction so the store image and banner and the url don't look fit.

+As for the pendant: I wrote clearly that it's a 50 cent female necklace,so I describe both the pendant and the lace.

+For the shipping fees,look like I miswrote the fees ,thanks Smile .

btw,the shipping terms stated in the terms section are very clear,why are you confused?
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoonfedbabe wrote:

+As for the pendant: I wrote clearly that it's a 50 cent female necklace,so I describe both the pendant and the lace.

The confusion is coming from the word "lace" which we use to mean either a crocheted trim or a string to tie a shoe, and some other meanings as well. The thing your pendant is hanging from is a "chain" and that is what is confusing. I saw this once before in some seller's store; I think it comes from the word "necklace" which leads a foreign speaker to think that there is a "lace" in there somewhere, although I could be wrong.

Keep working at it and your store will come together. You've gotten some good suggestions from others here! Good luck!! Smile
Becky
spoonfedbabe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg,My bad English again ,thanks wtcollectibles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: