eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

International shipping and the shipping matrix with free US

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindaspostcardsandmore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: International shipping and the shipping matrix with free US Reply with quote

I have the shipping matrix filled out for all shipping locations including the USA and the international countries I ship to.

Now, I want to offer free shipping within the USA but I still need to have the shipping fee added in for International sales.

How does that work? I no longer have the box checked for weight dependent since I am offering free shipping here in the US and Canada.

Will the total for an international sale still pick up the amount from the shipping matrix for each other country?

I have edited photos and gotten everything lined up to fill the store but want to be sure I am handling the shipping correctly before doing so.

Thanks.
Linda
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want to offer free shipping within the USA but I still need to have the shipping fee added in for International sales.

You need to go to the shipping matrix and ZERO the row that says US
and ALASKA and HAWAII

Quote:
How does that work? I no longer have the box checked for weight dependent since I am offering free shipping here in the US and Canada.

Then you are shipping EVERYWHERE free.

You have to use the matrix to get the international matrix to work.

Quote:
Will the total for an international sale still pick up the amount from the shipping matrix for each other country?

NO not if you the listing clicked for FREE shipping.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: International shipping and the shipping matrix with free Reply with quote

lindaspostcardsandmore wrote:
I have the shipping matrix filled out for all shipping locations including the USA and the international countries I ship to.

Now, I want to offer free shipping within the USA but I still need to have the shipping fee added in for International sales.

Select "weight based" shipping for items you don't want to give free US (mainland, Hawaii, Alaska) and Canada shipping.

If you want to give free shipping for any product(s), edit the listing to select "Free shipping to US & Canada" option for shipping. The rest of the countries for that item will be calculated by the Shipping Matrix.
Quote:

Regardless of what option you select in the listing page for any destination other than US mainland, Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada the Shipping Matrix will get used.

That is as long as you do not turn on the USPS Calculated Shipping in your account.
Quote:

Yes
spacestationvideogames

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Block countries Reply with quote

Don't forget to block the countries you will not ship to under shipping zones.
lindaspostcardsandmore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused by the two answers.

Do I or do I not check weight based?

I want free shipping in the US and Canada but want the matrix to be used for all other countries.

Thank you for replying and I'm sorry to keep asking but it looks like one answer said yes check it and one said no.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused by the two answers.

Do I or do I not check weight based?

I want free shipping in the US and Canada but want the matrix to be used for all other countries.

You can select only one of the options: Weight Based, Fixed Shipping to, or Free US& Canada shipping. So of course if you give free US & Canada Shipping for a product, you cannot check Weight Based.

But still for the rest of the destinations the system uses what is entered in the shipping matrix (this is when you have Fixed Shipping to or Free US & Canada Shipping option selected). So you need to have the weight of that product entered in the proper manner to have it calculate those other destinations.

Any clearer?
lindaspostcardsandmore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so. I do have the weight listed and I did go in and check free for the US and Canada (and it shows that on the listings).

I just didn't know if the shipping matrix was triggered by the box that says "use shipping weight".

Thanks again Very Happy
acread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so. I do have the weight listed and I did go in and check free for the US and Canada (and it shows that on the listings).

I just didn't know if the shipping matrix was triggered by the box that says "use shipping weight".

Thanks again Very Happy

You can't list without entering a weight in the Weight box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: