eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Ideas, Pssitive critics........
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AriesScentCreations

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Ideas, Pssitive critics........ Reply with quote

Hi I am fairly new o ecrater and so far I have actually gotten upwards of 3,000 hits. I do not know where they are comming from and so far none of them ave resulted in sales. Can anyone give me any idas on what I can do to improve my site and possibly generate sales from my hits? Please feel free to look at my site for suggestions! Thank You all so much!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to correct your titles. They don't state what the product is. If it is a shower gel you type that in the title. Otherwise as they are now they will be considered nonscense titles and that is against eCraters terms and could get your store suspended since you have a lot of them.

Your images are dark and out of focus. Try to get better ones. If you have a digital camera try to play around with light setting, take multiple shots so you can pick good ones. If you have problem with your eyes and need glasses or contacts make sure to ware them when taking pics so they will not end up out of focus (you may be correcting for your site and it might be causing the out of focus thing.)

The hits may come from search engines crawling your site as well as every time you open your product pages to look. The number goes up with every look. To get a better idea of what is happening open a Google Analytics account and turn it on in your store. You will get a lot of useful detailed info about your stores traffic.
AriesScentCreations

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Thank You!! Reply with quote

Thank You so much. I was unaware about the policy of stating what the product is in the title. It makes a whole lot of sense though. I will begin coorecting these now.
I opened the google analytics and added it to my site last night.

I do have a digital camera. I will play around ith the pictures. I will also have my fiance play around with it as well. I think it could have to do with my background because I used a black background.
Thank you again!
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah black tends to make things dingy. Plus look at cosmetics and soap ads etc in your magazines, they usually have light and bright colors. Probably a reason for it.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the titles are probably the biggest issue...
Pretend I am searching for "vanilla cherry bath set"
I would not search "vanilla cherry".. I'd come up with soda... candy...etc.
add bath...soap...lotion.. all keywords that potential customers are searching. Your products would not come up in my search cuz I am searching with Bath in my search.

When your analytics gets running... look at the top keywords & make sure you add them to your products. ALSO.... change around or make sure the first 5 words are all different. if they are all the same (I don't think numbers count).. google will only pick up 1 rather than a bunch of your listings.
jengenway

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your bubble bath photos are all the same photo. When you're redoing your photos you should try to customize for each product by adding a label or placing cherries with the cherry bubble bath etc. Does the buyer get one bottle or two? It's unclear the way the listings are written now. Also, I like longer descriptions. One sentence will rarely sell me.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing in your descriptions or titles say the products are hand crafted or natural, etc. I would want to know the ingredients in each product.

Also your listings show USPS calculated but in your terms you say free shipping to the US and Canada.

You don't have your name in your logo so anyone finding your items will not be able to refind you as your name isn't up there.

I suggest you put labels on your items and work on your titles and descriptions.

Many of your hits may be people using ecrater's categories and going down the list of items in beauty products.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also checked your store and agree with the other posters with one more item they didn't mention. I realize that these are homemade, but there is no way I would pay that much for a bottle of body lotion but that could be me. Most of us can get lotion anywhere for a lot cheaper. Therefore you really have to sell your stuff and your products by thinking about why anyone would want to buy your products rather than at the store. Your stuff doesn't even come in pretty bottles, much less have labels showing what is in it. Labels can be made easily on an a color printer.

Have you checked that what you are making and selling are legally packaged and made? I would suspect that you need an ingredients list on all items. Especially as you ship into Canada also.

Don't forget you get 100 characters in your titles and lots of pictures with no charge!

Gail
AriesScentCreations

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

I am working on adding to my titles and discriptions along with taking better photos. As for bottles and labels not being pretty these have also already been changed. I actually use clear bottles now and I have made labels for my bottles I have sold my items out around the area that I live to coworkers and others and I have gotten nothing but good feedback and reorders from those costomers. The ones that have purchased from me all say that they love my products. The ay my baskets are actually set up I hve been told that they look really cute and have been purchased to be given as birthday gifts and such.
My products are not just hand made they are also made with all natural ingredints. The prices are effective if you take the all natural into account. Not many places are going to sell an all natural product for cheaper. Also I have looked at oter sites that sell simmular things and my prices are actually set about the same or cheaper.
Thank you for all of yor ideas and RC I am sorry about the duplicate post. I did not realize how close they were they were.
AriesScentCreations

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Shipping Reply with quote

Also as far as the shipping goes that should be fixed because I also noticed that myself. I apologize for that problem.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud you for your natural products but people looking for natural products want to know what is in them as they are concerned about allergies. And people can be allergic to natural ingredients just as much as chemical derivatives.

People will pay good money for lotions, etc. but with money back guarantees. If you don't want to do that, create sample sizes that people can try for little money. That will help you create an online following.

I think you need to have your formulas tested and a permit to ship into Canada. You have to identify what is in the package when you mail to Canada and if a customs inspector spots a package that says lotion and finds it you could face major fines.

If you have labels and clear bottles, take new photos. The beauty and personal care industry is very visual. Your friends and local clients may love your products but I don't know them so their word means nothing to me. That's how the world works.
AriesScentCreations

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Thank You!! Reply with quote

In my terms and conditions I do list a 7 day money back policy.
The other things are things that I am working on however I do have severl products so I cannot fix every thing over night.
AriesScentCreations

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Free Samples Reply with quote

Maggie,
If you had actually loked at my site you would have seen that on my home page I ell you that you can request a free sample by emailig me. That has been there since I starte my store. Please look at my site before iving me feedback.While I do value each persons ideas it is frustrating when a person gives there thoughts and opinions without knowledge of what I am doing or have already done. Again I thank you fo your contributions.
AriesScentCreations

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

I have made several changes to my store! Could you please look at it and give some advice/ ideas on what you think and other things I might do to make it more user friendly? Thank you all so much, you have all been a great help!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store looks much better now. I don't recall how it was a year ago but I think you had much higher prices on your items then. I see you have ingredients listed now and your titles are much more complete.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: