eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to increase sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efashion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: How to increase sales Reply with quote

Hello

Can anyone help me how to increase sales on my store http://efashion.ecrater.com

please visit and let me know your views about my designs and prices too.

Thanks
eFashion
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: How to increase sales Reply with quote

efashion wrote:
Hello

Can anyone help me how to increase sales on my store http://efashion.ecrater.com

please visit and let me know your views about my designs and prices too.

Thanks
eFashion

Not too knowledgeable of women's clothing so can't comment on designs or prices. But, if I may, I do have some thoughts on your site. I'd add little more information to your introduction -- you start with the word "avail" -- you may want to correct that. You may - for Google Search purposes - repeat the title in the first line of the description. Avoid words like "beautiful" in the first couple of lines as no one searches for words like "beautiful". I believe Google only posts the first few lines so you want as much descriptive words (words that people would be searching for) in those first few lines. Use other commentary to the end. You have very good pictures, but be sure to include more than one view in all of your items. Also, here at eCrater you need to promote, promote. Be sure to post on the "Promoter Your Store" forum. Also use as many attributes that you can. Hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you. Very Happy
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi efashion,

Your clothing looks good and your descriptions are fair enough. I think your titles could be better. If you have the item in all sizes and colors then say all sizes in the title. If you have it in 6 colors, make a separate listing for each color showing the color the buyer will get.

Your size chart is hard to read. I tried to supersize it but even so it is very tiny and I was guessing at some of the numbers. Could you make the information larger and divide it into two charts. 1 go up to large and another that would include all the plus sizes.

People are given too many choices to make to risk buying from you. 1 listing for 1 size and 1 color might be more effective. That way you can include all the correct measurements for that size and people don't have to guess at your colors.

Here's what I see that may be holding off sales more than anything.
You have quite a high shipping fee which may not be avoidable coming from India. You might want to check to see if you can offer a better rate but when you add $15 to the price of the item, you are talking serious money. Most cities have Indian import shops so if one wants Indian style you don't have too far to travel to get it.

You mention wholesale in the listings I looked at. You might be more successful offering the items wholesale with a bulk shipping rate.

I thought you were very new here on ecrater. If so remember it takes a while for your items to get picked up by the search engines.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Return Policy:
(1) We Fully Refund Products Actual Amount If You Receive Faulty Garment Only.
(2) We Refund Actual Product Cost Not Shipping.
(3) We Do Not Refund If Product is worn By Customer.
(4) We Do Not Refund If Label & Tags Removed.
(5) We Do Not Refund If Garment is Ironed.
(6) We Do Not Refund If Garment is not in Original Packing.
(7) We Refund if Garment is returned within 7 days.
(8) We do not bear any shipping cost in returned garment.

Your return policy seems to have some problems, in my view. Sometimes you can't tell that a garment is faulty until tried on. But if refunds have to be made within 7 days and your shipping states that it takes 2-3 weeks for delivery unless they pay for express delivery, you are in essense telling your customers that to return a defective product they have to not only pay for delivery to them but then turn around and pay for express delivery to India(?) at their cost also. If an item is defective, a company should be willing to pay for the shipping too and to resend the proper non-defective item. To get a 'refund' the suctomer would end up spending more than the item is worth to ship it back if defective. I have found that only on wearing a garment (with tags removed) that I discovered that it was faulty as it shredded all over me, or find that as you move the seam is not sewed correctly and comes apart. One of the many reasons that I make my own clothes. I'm not talking about someone getting a top that is too small and shoving themselves into it and the seams burst. I'm talking only about seams that are defective because the tension wasn't set correctly on the sewing machine that made it. Anyhow I think your return policies guarantee that no one will send in a return, but perhaps that is what you are aiming for. But in my eyes if you send a defective product, it should be the company that bears the cost, not the customer.

I only clicked on one of your items and noted it had two different pictures. A pink short sleeve top and a brown long sleeve top. How would a customer know what they are getting? I agree with the other poster, if you have them in all sizes and colors, do a listing for each size with each color. Don't make a customer have to email you with multiple questions, or you to have to email to double check what it is they want. Let them be able to go to the size and color listing that they want and click the buy button and immediately you know what they want and can send it.

Hopefully you have your shipping set up that each item doesn't cost $15 but that there is some type of combined shipping for a regular customer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: