eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I think I have bogus orders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DillsDeals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: I think I have bogus orders Reply with quote

I have a few problems. I have a bunch of orders for the same item. After it sold & was paid for I sent it to the person, I thought all was well. Now I'm getting emails from different people asking where the item is at. I thought once an item is sold it goes off the list of products being sold. I looked & it's still there as if I'm selling it. I had it listed as only having a quantity of 1. I have about 4 or 5 orders of the same item from different buyers & it shows they haven't paid for it but they want to know why I haven't mailed it. It seems like something is wrong. These are scammers or something. I also see a negative fb on one of the orders but it shows they never even paid for it. I need this mess to be addressed and taken care of & for the negative fb to be taken off. This item's been listed for over a year & now everyone is supposively buying it? This activity seems very strange to me.
I haven't been listing new items for awhile because my husband was sick with cancer. He passed away on valentines day. I just happen to take a look at my emails today & I couldn't figure out what's going on. One of the people even called me & asked me if I sent the pattern to her. I told her I would look into it. Once I did it shows she hasn't paid for it. Like I said the one customer that shows paid for it, I sent it to her. All these other orders look like they've been done Please help me out here I don't know what's going on.
Thank you, Lanita aka jvl1929 or dillsdeals
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First my condolences for your loss.

If the buyer didn't pay, whether you were aware of the purchase order or not, your feedback can be removed if you send the order number to ecrater using the contact form, link at the bottom of the ecrater home page.

Before you do that check your PayPal or Google Checkout account to make sure there is no payment made that didn't get fed to ecrater.

Then check to see if your inventory control is enabled. If not turn it on so this can't happen again. If it is enabled report the problem to ecrater as there is a glitch somewhere.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss.

Now about your issue:
If you don't turn on your Inventory Control it won't be working. So you need to go to your Options and check the small box next to Inventory Control and the "update" to save.

That will only apply to future purchases with electronic payment methods though. It won't fix what already happened.

Please read: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=4895

For the product you want hidden, you need to go to Products section of your account and locate the item. Then you click on the edit button next to it (the small square on the right with a yellow pencil picture on it). That opens the product info page you go down to "Hide" and click on the small square in front of it to get a green check mark. The click on "update & exit". That will hide the item. People won't be able to buy it.

For the customers who already put in orders, paid, and never received the items, go to PayPal and Google Checkout, whichever they paid with and ussuse refunds. And email them to explain, appoligize, whatever.

Remember if the order is paid with money order, check, COD (I don't recommend anyone using COD) then the item listing needs to be hidden manually even with the Inventory Control enabled.

Always check your PayPal and Google Checkout accounts daily. Sometimes notices get lost, or people put in order but not pay. You should always look at it even if you get a notice. And if you haven't gotten paid, there is no order.
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also see a negative fb on one of the orders but it shows they never even paid for it.

If the order wasn't paid for, how could the customer leave feedback?
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treasuresofthepast wrote:

Yeah their not suppose to be able to leave any kind of feedback unless they've actually paid through Paypal or Google Checkout..... Period!!
DillsDeals

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for your kindness & words of advice. I appreciate it all. In fact, I just got back from my husband's memorial. I was dreading it but it was beautiful. My sister did such a wonderful job, I told her she should think about doing it professionally, she did that good of a job. It was the second worse day of my life next to the day he passed away.

As for this:

I don't know how but it shows no pymt, no check in that column & then it has a negative fb icon. I'll have to look into it.

I tried checking out my Google acct to see if any pymts were made & I can't figure out how to get into it.

Can anyone post directions on that? please & thank you
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know how but it shows no pymt, no check in that column & then it has a negative fb icon. I'll have to look into it.

Marked Paid or not doesn't matter. DO YOU HAVE THE MONEY?
Did the customer pay you?
Sounds to me like you need to figure out what email you used on yoru google checkout account and got to www.checkout.google.com and log in

You can not relay on PayPal or google to get the information back to ecrater to mark it paid. Somethings things happen.
AND if you don't have the information set up correctly it will never work right.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Checkout website is at http://checkout.google.com

You use the ID you opened the store with. (Usually the email account you used to open the store with)

If you don't remember stuff (login or password you can click on the link (underlined writing in blue) below the boxes where you enter ID and password on the right side of the page. It says "Can't access your account?", click on it.

Then you select the answers that fit your situation the best (by clicking in the radio button to their left). It will ask a few questions, then you should be able to send Google a message or get instructions from them.

(But don't neglect to turn on the Inventory Control in your store in the mean time. So your situation doesn't create more issues than you already have. Or you might even put your store on hold for a while if this it going to take you too long to figure out)
DillsDeals

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Google & found the orders, they never charged the people's cards because I never confirmed the sale, so I just cancelled the orders & sent emails to everyone explaining what happened.
I'll follow everyone's advice on inventory control & anything else I was told I need to do. Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.
DillsDeals

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they're not suppose to be able to leave any kind of feedback unless they've actually paid through Paypal or Google Checkout..... Period!!

They did offer to pay but their card's were never charged, so actually pymt was never made, so I think that would be considered an item not paid for, right?
So they shouldn't be able to post feedback. I'll ask ecrater as well as the person that left the neg fb if they can take it off. Besides that I can't do much else about it, right?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The customer did make payment YOU refused it or basically never processed it. That's not the fault of the customer that did everything in their power to buy it.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DillsDeals wrote:
Yeah they're not suppose to be able to leave any kind of feedback unless they've actually paid through Paypal or Google Checkout..... Period!!

They did offer to pay but their card's were never charged, so actually pymt was never made, so I think that would be considered an item not paid for, right?

As BigTall stated they did make the payment. You are the one who didn't charge it.

Non-payment would be if they never went into Google Checkout or PayPal to press the OK button for completing the payment.

But in this case they did. So they get the right to evaluate their transaction.
Quote:
So they shouldn't be able to post feedback. I'll ask ecrater as well as the person that left the neg fb if they can take it off. Besides that I can't do much else about it, right?

The customer cannot change a feedback once they enter it. So asking the customer to do that is useless.

And eCrater decides depending on the case. Not all negative feedbacks get removed.
DillsDeals

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: The customer did make payment YOU refused it or basically never processed it. That's not the fault of the customer that did everything in their power to buy it.

ok. I wasn't sure how it worked. Then if that's the case they had every right to leave me the neg fb. I hope they except my apology anyways. I feel really bad when I mess up like that. I was just so busy taking care of my husband I kind of let things go when I shouldn't have. Weeks went by & I didn't even check my emails or stores.

I know when I did check my email a few times I might have saw some of the questions from customers & thought they were fake because I get them all the time in my email. It will say someone bought something & they're asking me a question. Then when I read the email they'll say something like, "where is my item I paid for?! I better get it soon or I will report you!" or some other kind of threatening email. I've checked into the email & they always tell me it's a spoof mail, please don't reply to it & to delete it. I don't know if that's what happened or not but it could have.
[/i]
acread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening a message that has no attachment won't give your computer any viruses. If you don't click on the links inside the email you would be just fine.

But when you get such message you need to go and investigate. That means you open your store, go to orders and look to see if there are orders (if you didn't set up your API properly at Google Checkout then you won't see the order despite there being one). Then you go to PayPal or Google Checkout and look to see if there is any money.

Anyway, it's OK, people can have bad things happen and for one reason or another they can let the ball drop.

If you still are not up to dealing with the store. As I said just put it on hold. That would prevent people from putting in orders.

If you are up to it, then don't dwell on what happened already too much. Explain stuff to your customers, appoligize, and refund the money (but some may still want the item. So maybe inquire about that before the refund. This is a bit late I guess if you already refunded.) Then keep on with your promoting and advertising.

One negative feedback is not the end of the world, or your business. There are plenty of businesses that get negative feedbacks and get more orders after that. If you have too many negative feedback, then it might hamper you.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: