eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My product's desriptions not showing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bestvalue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: My product's desriptions not showing? Reply with quote

Can anyone help please? I loaded some products yesterday but when I click on the pics of each product on the Home page, it says "no such products"? In my Admin under Manage Products, I am seeing all 5 products with complete descriptions, help? I don't know if this means anything but when loading each product, I placed each item's description and also the Google attributes and value into the "Decription" box.

http://bestvalue.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears your store has been suspended for some reason.
bestvalue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell? I haven't even sold anything! I am now only loading my products which I sell on ebay, what possible reason could there be to suspend my store and is this how ecrater works, to suspend somebody's store without even a word to the store owner?
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably just have to show ecrater the receipts to make sure your items are "the real deal". The type of products you sell can be fake or pirated... they probably just want to be sure.
bestvalue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, how about this, that they simply ASK? I mean I thought this site was supposed to have better polices than ebay? I have a legit registered business so I pay taxes and account for everything I do and yes I have receipts for everything I sell, I have had to provide the same for ebay and Amazon in the past, it's the principle here that is making me question whether or not I should invest my time listing on ecrater? What's going to happen next when they don't like something that happens and whether right or wrong suspend my store without any common courtesy to inform me?
dazzleyourstyle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it kinda disheartening that they do automatically assume that items are fake/counterfeit/pirated/or bootleg, I had this happen to me in the beginning and just chose not to list items that would pose that question. but as I said I think it kinda stinks that they automatically think your doing some sort of criminal activity rather then give you the benefit of the doubt or ask. I do not understand why they think a small retailer can't find the same type of products that are sold at major retailers, unless its an item like Chanel,Tiffany,Coach or Luis Vutton where they have exclusive stores/merchants, I mean you can now even buy Ab Circle Pro, or Instyler at your local department store.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the time to inform yourself http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php (which every new seller should do before signing up for any service)

It clearly states this could happen without notice.

Quote:
eCRATER, in its sole discretion, may terminate your license to use the Website for any reason without prior notice to you. You acknowledge and agree that eCRATER may immediately bar your further access to the Website. eCRATER will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access and/or use of the Website.

If you are legit, just contact them. Show the evidence and they will remove the suspension and make a note of it, so it won't happen again (unless you list stuff that is not allowed).
bestvalue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct, it was my mistake that I did not notice Ecrater's policies. I will not list here as I've said because now that I see it in writing, it simply tells me that ecrater is GOD and they can do whatever they want with you and your account and you are at their mercy so what's going to happen in the future every time I list a new product, go through this same procedure? I am guessing ecrater is NOT an American-run site right because "innocent until proven guilty" and if it was then store owners would at LEAST be notified on the status of their account, even ebay does this!
acread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestvalue wrote:
You are correct, it was my mistake that I did not notice Ecrater's policies. I will not list here as I've said because now that I see it in writing, it simply tells me that ecrater is GOD and they can do whatever they want with you and your account and you are at their mercy so what's going to happen in the future every time I list a new product, go through this same procedure? I am guessing ecrater is NOT an American-run site right because "innocent until proven guilty" and if it was then store owners would at LEAST be notified on the status of their account, even ebay does this!

This is not a court room. This is a privately owned site. They have made their rules known openly. They are free to do as they choose.

You have the right to either obey those rules and keep using their service. If unjustly suspected, provide evidence that will show you are right to regain that priviledge. Or go someplace else (and not make the money you could here for sake of being offended by not receiving email notice.)

No need for all this emotional burst. If you are innocent why won't you show the evidence to clear your name and regain your store? Simple enough a procedure. consider it like an audit. It doesn't necessarily mean you are guilty. It just means they took the goods out of the site just to be on the safe side. If they were certain you had fake stuff they would not have let you have access to your account at all. They would disable your access completely.

You should be happy the site is very vigilant against all the fake goods sellers, so the legitimate people can make a living without worrying about illegitimate competition that robs their honest business.
bestvalue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
If you are innocent why won't you show the evidence to clear your name and regain your store?

First of all, I have done absolutely nothing wrong so why would I have to "clear my name"? I have already being tried and sentenced by your "private" judges?

As mentioned before, it is not THIS situation that has me upset, if I could send my invoices to your board right now and this takes care of it then that's fine but rather it's what happens in the future every time I list a new "questionable" item or something happens which your board deosn't approve of, can't you see man? It's the PRINCIPLE of how you do things that I am questioning.

You should be happy the site is very vigilant against all the fake goods sellers, so the legitimate people can make a living without worrying about illegitimate competition that robs their honest business.

This I absolutely agree with and applaud your efforts, I just simply have a problem with anyone ramming anything down my throat and being accused of doing something and having to defend myself on a constant basis without having done anything wrong to begin with and there is such a thing called common courtesy.

As you say, this is YOUR private courtroom so I will go somewhere else!
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum, the sellers that post here - have absolutely nothing to do with your store being re-instated.
YOU didn't read the terms before listing, - I beleive you typred you didn't notice them.
So read them now and send the contaact form and get things straightened out.
If you know your product is not legit, well, that's another issue.

BUT we the people of the ecrater community are only sellers just like yourself. We are not judges or the decision markers for the ecrater.com site. Just sellers, that's it.
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the OP's FAQs it looks like they have other issues to resolve, i.e:

"How do I place an order?
Please contact us using any of the contact info provided on the "Contact" page [see "Contact" tab on bottom of any page] to confirm both pricing and availability."
bestvalue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have admitted in a previous post in this thread that I did not read the selling terms so it's my fault that I signed up so let's end this here and be done with it. When ebay has a problem with your listing or anything concerning your account you are notified immediately and you have a chance to appeal. Again, my worry is not at all about my store here being restored but rather what will happen in future situations since sellers are not given any prior notices, this is not the place for me. I simply don't agree with the way things are done here that's all so no use in my selling here, good luck guys.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not eCrater. As BigTall mentioned we are just other sellers on this site. I myself volunteer to moderate the forum. And tend to answer people's questions so they are informed and do better. This also frees up some time for eCrater to deal with more important issues.

Maybe my choice of words were unfortunate. As I said the suspension does not mean you are guilty or anything. It just means they need to see some info. And if that is proof of your items legitimacy why cry out so much. Just provide it and it will all be resolved.

eCrater is not eBay. They are different size companies. They have different amounts of resources. So they need to deal with things in different manner. eBay can afford to leave questionable product available for purchase while they investigate. They can efford being sued by designer of the label and pay it off and survive. Such thing would mean closure to eCrater and every seller on this site. Sorry but I am not willing to take that chance. I am glad neither is eCrater.

As to being miffed on not being informed. You are informed now. What difference does it make who informes you. The important part of it is that you should be taking action and you are not. So the message to you would have been wasted effort on eCrater's part in any case.
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestvalue wrote:
What the hell? I haven't even sold anything! I am now only loading my products which I sell on ebay, what possible reason could there be to suspend my store and is this how ecrater works, to suspend somebody's store without even a word to the store owner?

From what I've read in the forum, doesn't eCrater normally send out emails to let people know that their store has been suspended and its reason anyway? Did you check your email on file with eCrater and its SPAM folder?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: