eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No Sale Notification From Ecrater
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abundantbooks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: No Sale Notification From Ecrater Reply with quote

Hello! I recently opened a shop here and made my first sale last week. I received a notice from PayPal but nothing from Ecrater, same thing with my second sale. Over the weekend I was busy and didn't visit my shop here and made two sales that both opted to pay with money orders. I didn't receive any kind of notification at all about these sales and both had purchased the same item! I have written to the customers and hidden the items purchased, but from what I read in the FAQ forum, I should be receiving email notification from Ecrater when I make a sale. How can I fix this so I will receive notification from Ecrater when I make a sale?

Also, I went to one of my items and sent myself a question as a test and never received the message I sent. Where do those 'Ask the seller a question' messages go?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

log in and click on account info and double check that you have the right email address entered for orders.

Quote:
Also, I went to one of my items and sent myself a question as a test and never received the message I sent. Where do those 'Ask the seller a question' messages go?

They go to the email address you registered with. The same email address that they activate yoru store email was sent to.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the correct email, then check your email account's spam folder. Also the firewall settings. Some of the email service providers will automatically bounce back emails from account they don't like. So if you have such email the notices may be bouncing off without getting to your inbox.
abundantbooks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Thanks for the help. I have checked and rechecked the email address I have on file for contact and it is correct. I checked my spam folder, but the way earthlink is set up I can only see the spam count on a particular day. On the day I received those two orders, I did not receive any spam at all. Is there some other possible glitch I could look into?

Thank you!
abundantbooks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also..just in case, I want to add the ecrater address to my address book--what address are the notifications sent from? I received a message from noreply@ecrater.com when I opened my account and it was not blocked. Is that the same address that will appear on my sales notifications?

Thanks again!
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what address are the notifications sent from? I received a message from noreply@ecrater.com when I opened my account and it was not blocked. Is that the same address that will appear on my sales notifications?

Yep, same address.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing happen last week.

I got a notice of payment from PayPal but no corresponding email from eCrater. Since it was the first time in a long while I just went into Orders and found it there.

I usually wait for at least two occurances before I report something to eCrater. Then I might (or might not) have a pattern or theory as to what is happening to help with resolving the problem.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use some other email type than Earthlink. This happened in the past. Earthlink keeps putting eCrater in their filter out list. eCrater corrected this twice. And now it's back I guess.

Just use a Yahoo account or a gmail account. I never had issues receiving email from eCrater with either.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent an inquiry to eCrater on this.

The last thing I need is another email address. Laughing
acread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But as I said it happened with Earthlink twice before and got fixed twice before. So it is very likely this is going to keep happening with Earthlink.

I would change the email if I were you. JMO
HandyWoman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Instructions on fixing problem with earthlink.net "no e Reply with quote

Go to your earthlink webmail account. Select "Edit" on the spamblocker menu item located on the left menu. change blocking to Suspect Email Blocking if not already selected and scroll down and click save.
Now click on Addressbook. Now click on Manage domains. Now select add domains. Now enter that domain name as ecrater.com And select add.
Once it is done scroll down and select SAVE. Now click on address book once again and select Update white list. Now set the spam settings back to the spam blocking you had before, This should take care of the issue.
abundantbooks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I wish I'd read your reply about an hour ago, HandyWoman! Just finished signing up for and paying for a Yahoo Plus account so I could have messages forwarded. It worked, as I did a test 'Ask Seller a Question' and got the email from Ecrater. But it did cost me $20. So I'll do this anyway, and maybe when the Yahoo subscription is up I can get it to work with Earthlink.

Thanks again!
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
finished signing up for and paying for a Yahoo Plus account so I could have messages forwarded.

Did you know you could do that with gmail.com for free???
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abundantbooks wrote:
Ah, I wish I'd read your reply about an hour ago, HandyWoman! Just finished signing up for and paying for a Yahoo Plus account so I could have messages forwarded. It worked, as I did a test 'Ask Seller a Question' and got the email from Ecrater. But it did cost me $20. So I'll do this anyway, and maybe when the Yahoo subscription is up I can get it to work with Earthlink.

Thanks again!

Don't forget to use the contact form at ww.ecrater.com and request your email be changed. OR the email for this forum and password recover will not be changed.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading my email this morning...

We already addressed this. It may take up to 48h for the earthlink to remove the block.

So they have fixed the problem on their end.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: