eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Invoice Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Invoice Question Reply with quote

hi, do any of you out there send an additional, hard-copy invoice/receipt to the buyer with the goods when you ship them?

I know Google sends them an invoice via email, but I thought I should send something with the order.

Thanks!
Wink
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually do with my paypal orders. I didnt see any print invoice for google checkout last time I used them.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always send a packing slip. USPS used to say that inside the package you must include the address of both the sender and the receiver as well as the content of the package.
Doing this has saved me more then once - the label on the package got destroyed and PO investagators opened it up to get the address. Otherwise it would have ended up in dead letter department with no idea of who sent it or who should receive it.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A packing slip (or copy of the invoice) is always a good idea anyway. A lot of people buy a lot online and it helps them keep straight which package is from what seller.

Plus, you want to stick something in the package to help them remember your store and come back.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been emailing a separate invoice, guess I don't need to do that for Paypal or Google orders. With the package, I include a thank you note with a copy of the invoice, and a nice tea bag! I've ordered business cards, will start including those when I have them.
Heather Ellen
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always add a packing slip with a business card. I know when I buy things online, I like how professional that looks. I also hang onto the business cards if I like the product and service, so....sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander Smile
davka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Thanks as always! Reply with quote

Thanks all for your great advice. I have begun sending business cards with the packages, but now will also send a packing slip/invoice.

Makes good business sense!
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: