eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

selling
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: selling Reply with quote

I scanned through alot of stores, and doesnt seem like many are getting sales unless the feedback is not being left. 1-10 sales in a year to me is not good. I guess its all about growing the business. I know there are a few of you who do well, buth the majority dont have many sells. hopefully things will pick up Laughing
jwautographs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Many sales here are not eligible for feedback. The only way a buyer can leave feedback is if they pay instantly. Then they only get an email with an option to leave feedback with a link in the email.

If your customer pays by check, money order, or any other way than instantly then feedback is impossible.

If you notice rarely does online stores have a public feedback system. I'm not quite sure why eCrater has one since it is designed to be an independent shopping cart system for individual seller use.
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've only had two sales. Both paid paypal but didn't leave feedback which is fine with me.

Feedback is not all what its crack up to be.

It always reminds me of an auction and we are not so why need feedback.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least half of my sales aren't done through the cart. The customers e-mail me with what they want and I invoice them for the total. No feedback for those but I got the sales, so who cares!
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
At least half of my sales aren't done through the cart. The customers e-mail me with what they want and I invoice them for the total. No feedback for those but I got the sales, so who cares!

Ditto for us...besides e-mail contacts give us a chance to sell more like items for combined shipping.
randasresale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even care about feedback, just show me the money lol.

Randa
www.randasresale.ecrater.com
www.randasresale.com
www.randasreads.ecrater.com
www.randa-avenue.com
capitalus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Statistics!!! Reply with quote

I've been here since November, I don't have sales every single day, but I had them every month on the 29th Smile . Since the orders are numbered in aggregate (meaning ecrater numbers orders from all stores, not just your store), I can figure out how many orders were placed on ecrater over a month. So here are the numbers:

11/29/06 - order # 26126

12/29/06 - order # 33777

01/29/07 - order # 39348

So in December there were about 7650 orders placed here (I rounded a bit), and about 5570 - in January . That's obviously doesn't include the "email" sales described by poopsheet (if an order wasn't officially placed on Ecrater), and it does include the orders placed in error. Anyway, the numbers are very impressive to me! The decline in sales from December to January is explained by the December Holidays shopping, I guess, so it's expected.
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:

Same here... especially lately Very Happy a lady recently purchased one item thru my store, then placed a custom order for 10 more items... most were in my store but needed to be customized or re-designed, and I was able to combine s/h for her, so it's all good! Cool
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a lady recently purchased one item thru my store, then placed a custom order for 10 more items

That's awesome and....I TOLD YA SO-I TOLD YA SO!!! Twisted Evil
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sade! oh, and neener, neener... Laughing
real-romania

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody ,
I had 2 sales on ecrater on January ,a 100 $ book to a new buyer and a romanian blouse to a repeating customer on ebay.And more than that one of my former customers on ebay want to purchase 5 blouses on ecrater this week ,from me.
So ,drive your buyers from ebay ,to ecrater or just promote your store.If I had success myself , I can bet that all of you have a chance ! A better chance than me !And sorry for my English ! Confused
ljstores

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your input!!!!!
glad to hear you have sales,
wishing you the best!
Dont worry about your "english"
your sincerity is apparent

LJ
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only paypal and recently google checkout buyer can leave feedback

At least 50% of my sales are done outside of ecrater. If they email me about shipping or whatever, I simply due a google or paypal invoice and therefore it never shows up in my ecrater.com feedback as unrated - since it was outside the ecrater.com system.

ecrater.com feedback has only been inplace since mid-february 2006 --- so just about a year. My feedback shows 31 with 103 unrated. I have had many more sales than the 134 that shows there! LOL, I couldn't survive on that.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
11/29/06 - order # 26126

12/29/06 - order # 33777

01/29/07 - order # 39348

wHAT DOES THIS MEAN? aRE THESE THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ITEMS IN THAT month? Sorry, caps was on and I don't feel like retyping, but I'm not yelling. Laughing
capitalus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fancy,

those are my order numbers, but we all get the orders numbered as if we all were one seller, sorry I guess I didn't make it clear the first time around, I also have my English problem as romania Smile . So what it means is that in between my orders other sellers had their orders placed, and it tells me how many orders in total were placed on Ecrater over a period of time.

I just read it over and I'm still not sure I explained it well Rolling Eyes It's half past 1am here in NY and my mind is already sleeping Embarassed I'll try tomorrow, I guess....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: