eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I'm not having any luck with sales
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebrownfamilystore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: I'm not having any luck with sales Reply with quote

I've been on here for almost 2 months and still no sales. I'm beginning to wonder if I am doing something wrong?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that it takes search engines 4-8 weeks to find you AFTER you submit your URL to them.

PROMOTION, ADVERTISING is the key when you have your own web store.

Check you descrip[tions and titles. FILL your titles with key words. THINK if I was at a search engine and wanted to buy this - what would I put in the search.

Read the ADVERTISING thread - http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4
There is a ton of links in there for MOM type sites where you can advertise for free.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
watchtowerresearchfoundat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brown Family.

I took a look at your site and my word, your clothes are cheap! Good for you for pricing them fairly, but maybe they are priced too fairly. (More on that later.)

Are your clothes used or new? If used you should say that in the description so that people know exactly what they are getting. Also, you should describe the flaws, if any, in your used clothes. No stains, holes, rips, missing buttons, etc. People like to know what they are getting even if they are only paying a dollar for it.

Hang the dresses on hangers so that buyers can get an idea of how they hang. What about measurements? Just putting the size of your clothes is not enough. Give the measurements for waist, bust, length of garment, length of sleeve, inseam, etc. If I spend a dollar and the garment does not fit then I have wasted a dollar, plus shipping charges.

You sell in a highly competitive field. But once you make some of the changes I suggested, I believe that you have a chance at a sale.

I think you should raise the prices. Not too much, but a $1.99, and a complete description of the garment will get you a sale. It will sound like a real bargain instead of just throw away clothing. If it's just a dollar buyers might think that it's not really worth anything.

Well, I hope that I've helped some.

Best of luck to you!
troesmita

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry, sales will come. Smile

It took me approximately two weeks until I got my first sale, and about two days ago I had another one. Sales will be bumping gradually. eCrater is growing fast and having more and more listings and traffic day by day.

I am sure you will find success very soon.

Take care and have fun! Wink
Troesmita
http://www.Pins-Online.com
http://troesmita.eCrater.com
::: 50000 PINS & KEYCHAINS IN STOCK
:::::: VERY LOW PRICES * 100% FREE SHIPPING
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submit to Yahoo and MSN. It usually doesn't take long to be included in their searches. Very Happy
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to take your keyword list, too, and work on it a bit. I have no clue what are "good" keyword phrases for your product, but always, always, always keep a back-up of the "old" keywords. Easy enough to do, just save them in a notepad file, and name the file by date, i.e.: 2.1.07-keywords. Sometimes changes are in order to make sure you are fully keyword optimized.

Then follow all the things you'll find listed on this forum to promote your site. Give it a good couple of months to see how your "new" words are working for you. It would be really helpful if you could add a counter to track your stats, but you can't do that on ecrater, so will have to just gauge by increasing sales and/or hits to your product (you can see those counters, but they change every month, so keep track of them, too!) You can add notes to the bottom of the notepad .txt file about your findings, then compare over time to see what works best for you. G'luck!
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow your prices are too low, IMHO. You should at least charge $4.99. Sometimes cheap prices make the item look cheap. Just a thought.
ljstores

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
Wow your prices are too low, IMHO. You should at least charge $4.99. Sometimes cheap prices make the item look cheap. Just a thought.

I agree
Your prices are too low!!
and just another thought
your pictures I think should have better backgrounds
it works on ebay auctions but doesn't look so good in online stores!
Best of luck

LJ
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, use a wide clear hanger and put them on a white wall. Make them look valuable.

Although, my little half mannequin plastic form I use, cost me about $15 on eBay. They have little kid forms too.
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brown Family ~

You might try this meta analyzer... copy & paste them into notepad, then you'll have to keep playing with the words til you get a green/good score, but it will help you choose your optimum title tag, description & keywords. It took me hours of re-arranging, adding & deleting... I would have loved 100%, but I'm thrilled I finally got a 75% LOL ~ Cool

http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html

And I agree with previous posts, if the prices are too low, they may think the items are cheap quality, and lighter backgrounds will show your item much better and look more professonal Wink
watchtowerresearchfoundat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cher!

Thanks so much for posting that meta analyzer. It's absolutely fantastic!

I am now working on getting better keywords and descriptions.

You are my new best friend!
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brown Family - Your dresses look much too nice to sell for only a dollar. You are doing a store and not a garage sale! Wink

Instead of draping the item over a piece of furniture there is an inexpensive way to take photos. Try doing something like this: Hang a curtain rod across a door way, buy clip-on caf curtain rings, and hang a dark and light sheet. Depending on the fabric of the item being photographed all you have to do is slide one sheet to the other side. Smile

Another way to take pictures of clothing is using solid color curtains: just pin dress to curtains with straight pins. This works well with scarves too. Or take a large piece of cardboard and staple on solid fabric and then pin clothing to that where you can pose the sleeves etc.

Also be sure list the measurements of your clothing in addition to any label information. When measuring anything for a listing, just let them know how you went about it: ie: sleeve length is 24 inches long from underarm to bottom of sleeve. The more information you give the happier the customer.

Good luck to you as you will be getting sales once you have added some of the ideas that have been offered.

joyce

http://YourRainyDayBookStore.ecrater.com
http://AtticTreasures.ecrater.com
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Instead of draping the item over a piece of furniture there is an inexpensive way to take photos. Try doing something like this: Hang a curtain rod across a door way, buy clip-on caf curtain rings, and hang a dark and light sheet. Depending on the fabric of the item being photographed all you have to do is slide one sheet to the other side.

great idea!

I take my photos in the bathroom. I have a white sheet, a blue table cloth and a black piece of fabric - each cost me $2 or less. I just toss the backdrop over the shower doors and snap my pics.

lighting in bathrooms is usually pretty good!
troesmita

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite it all january and february are by far the slowest months of the year. It should start picking up by the end of this month.

Take care!
Troesmita
http://www.Pins-Online.com
http://troesmita.eCrater.com
::: 50000 PINS & KEYCHAINS IN STOCK
:::::: VERY LOW PRICES * 100% FREE SHIPPING
atticloftcreations

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, there are so many great suggestions and ideas in this thread. Just opening a new store here I was kind of wondering how the traffic was. I am also trying to find out just how good handmade high quality jewelry sells here?
The Brown Family, I agree with everyone here, your prices are waaaaay to low! People love bargins but at least ask enough for them to make it worth your while of putting them in your store and writting descriptions and all. Just my .02. Wendy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: