eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

PHANTOM ORDER?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
encorelady



Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: PHANTOM ORDER? Reply with quote

I had an "order" show up with an amount that did not include shipping and no method of payment, i.e. it is not paid for. Any insight as to why and what to do? Thanks!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double check that the payment is not in any of yoru payment accounts.

There was recently some work done to checkout system
I'll have them look at this.
You have an order number?
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
encorelady



Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only have Paypal, and nothing came through. Order #1029361

Thanks!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
centerofthewebb



Posts: 170

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens all the time because some people are unsure about making the payment. Nothing a little friendly follow up letter cant fix. "Hey you placed order and it didn't go through, how can we help" I recover most phantom orders that way

Cat
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

centerofthewebb wrote:
It happens all the time because some people are unsure about making the payment. Nothing a little friendly follow up letter cant fix. "Hey you placed order and it didn't go through, how can we help" I recover most phantom orders that way

Cat


NOT TRUE -- the op said ..
Quote:
"order" show up with an amount that did not include shipping and no method of payment

even abandon cart orders IN THE PAST had
shipping and method of payment.


CAT - you might have ABANDON CART ORDERS but that's different
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I have found out ...

Quote:
No, this order was generated when the old checkout system was in place. It looks like it is caused by a bug in the old checkout system.

Dimitar


It should be fixed and fine now.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
encorelady



Posts: 10

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for getting back to me...I did email phantom buyer, but did not hear back...so I will just delete it...
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
centerofthewebb



Posts: 170

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTall - I am not wrong about sending a friendly email. I recoup nearly 90% of otherwise missed sales by doing just that. the other 10% want to figure out how it works and/or spy on you. I am not sure what I am missing here
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

centerofthewebb wrote:
BigTall - I am not wrong about sending a friendly email. I recoup nearly 90% of otherwise missed sales by doing just that. the other 10% want to figure out how it works and/or spy on you. I am not sure what I am missing here


you are nt wrong
but that's not what the topic is ... did not include shipping and no method of payment
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum