eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sizing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adelecaeliadesigns

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Sizing? Reply with quote

How does everyone else do sizing on this site? I didn't see a place to put it?

Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I list each size I have available as an different items.
Others
list the sizes available within the descriptions.
adelecaeliadesigns

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thx:)

I added a notation about sizes at the bottom.
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I state the size in the listing along with a size chart in the pic area along with a note directing them to the pic for size chart Wink

http://www.shop-ecloset.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=62381
adelecaeliadesigns

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it would still be nice to have a size drop down menu. Like if you have multiple sizes of one item, you have to list each item over at a dif size for them to buy the dif size or ask them to put size in comment box and hope they do it. But it works:)
randasresale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adelecaeliadesigns wrote:
yeah it would still be nice to have a size drop down menu. Like if you have multiple sizes of one item, you have to list each item over at a dif size for them to buy the dif size or ask them to put size in comment box and hope they do it. But it works:)

I have to do this on my webstore, too. No drop down availability.

Miranda
www.randasresale.ecrater.com
www.randasreads.ecrater.com
www.randasresale.com
www.randa-avenue.com
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adelecaeliadesigns wrote:

I prefer to list each size as a separate listing - no need for communication that way if they buyer don't tell you the size.
PLUS
my research shows me that my buyers shop by size. If you use a drop down menu for sizes then it won't come up in a title search.
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where that copy feature would come in handy - click copy and change the size and/or color and a new listing is done painlessly.

I admit not having the ability to offer choice of color and/or size is one of the reasons I'm giving up the lingerie store here on eCrater - it is to time consuming to do it all without a copy feature!
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also prefer to list different sizes as separate listings. It helps me keep my inventory straight, and I also believe that sellers often search by size (I know I do)!

Best of sales to all!! Very Happy Very Happy
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^5, BTM, it sure does make it easier when processing orders to have the size right in the title!

Wahm, don't go!! Here's what I do, and it's so easy to create new listings, with only a change in size:

Create one listing, for example for you:

"Custom Store Logo 310 x 90" for the title. Put at the bottom of the listing ALL available sizes, tell them, check your other listings.

Once you have the one listing done in one size, copy the title, and create a new listing, change the size in the title. Then click "preview" (upper right corner in your admin dashboard), which opens your buyer's view store in a separate window. Locate the listing you created, open it, and copy the text completely, copy and paste it into your new listing, and voila, it's ready to go.

Sounds way more complex than it is. I can put up complete listings for new rings, sizes 4-11, in less than five minutes. Don't go, I was looking at your stuff, and although I'm all broke now (stocking inventory for St. Paddy's Day!), I definitely am interested in your products!
jerristreasures

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to thank wahm922 for the information on posting sizes in the picture section. What a great idea.

I have some dresses, pant suits, and shorts that I have all colors in (too many to list). So I took her (or his) idea and added pictures of the material and colors that they come in. It worked great.

Thanks so much for your helpful information.

Jerri
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going anywhere Wink

I have 4 stores here on eCrater and only one I put on hold since its time to update my inventory with the new line of lingerie and I just don't have the time for it.

One piece of lingerie may come in 5 colors and 6 sizes so that's alot of copy and pasting to do Rolling Eyes

I do find that the bulk lister works better for the copy and paste listings but having to do 100 at a time doesn't always work for me.

Besides giving up one store will allow me more time for the design stuff, which I really really enjoy doing Very Happy
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked my idea Jerri. I see you are selling the same lingerie I have in my other store - the one I have on hold right now.

The size chart is helpful but I do recommend you break them up into size and get the size in your Title area, buyers are going to be searching for size. When I didn't have time to break them up I would at least have the sizes in the title like this one:
http://plussizelingerie.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=234839

Fell free to call me Danielle or just plain D for short Wink
jerristreasures

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi D,

I plan on adding the sizing in my listings shortly. You are very helpful.

I see a lot of people are selling the same lingerie. I guess we all have good taste Ha Ha. What are your other stores names?

Do you have an eBay store? I still do for the time being. It's under Jerri's House Of Bargains over there. It feels awful to go to eBay and have to pay to list, after getting use to eCrater.

Take care and make lots of money.

Jerri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: