eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sales Pattern?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capitalus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Sales Pattern? Reply with quote

I was wondering what other sellers see. I had no sales for a while after the new year (I guess I can blame only myself for being lazy/busy and not promoting my store), but than out of the blue 4 sales in the same day (yesterday), and than slow again? Interestingly, 2 of the 4 orders were for the same product, and one more - for a similar one.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

online sales always seem to run weird for me. I had 2 weeks of great sales in my Formal Dress store. I got months without a sale there soemtimes.
Same with my womens store - nothign for a long time - then I get 2-3 in a row - then nothing again.

I don't get it either. I just wish the buying times came more often!
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up and down here, too, capitalus, and just like you, I can blame some of it on not working as hard as I should (meaning, do something on the ecrater store EVERY day). But I've been putting more effort into the website.

Too true, where your heart (or effort) is, there also is your treasure. Literally. Google just "danced" again, hip hip hooray! My ecrater store when from 0/10 to 3/10, and my website went from 0/10 to 4/10 - wahoooo!

Whatever that something is that you sold more than one of, most likely got bumped up in the listings somewhere, Base or main search. Had the same thing happen with eternity rings, I have all kindsa styles, sold 3 of the exact same style, different buyers, different sizes, within 2 days. Hadn't sold any of that style in the past 6 months. Weird. But I loves it!

Wouldn't worry too much about patterns of selling, just do something every single blessed day to your store. That should do it Smile Tied a string around my fingah, too, to remind MYSELF to do the same LOL
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing from Christmas to New Years, and then from the 5th on, multiple sales everyday just about. Very Happy
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That rox, Fancy, you go, girl!!
capitalus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I guess it's like kids grow, the same for a while and than bum - need to go shopping for new outfits! Razz

Ok, so I don't worry than. Thanks for the advice of doing something - I'm trying, but don't have that much time, unfortunately. I finally created a page at myspace! (same name - myspace.com/capitalus ) Well, it's not that much fun yet, and I still need banners, can't participate in all your promotions without it - I have to do a lot of work... I wish it could be done by itself, can't it? LOL
capitalus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
and then from the 5th on, multiple sales everyday just about. Very Happy

Wow Fancy, that's really cool!!!
capitalus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:

I just wish the buying times came more often!

can I say it again? WE WISH THE BUYING TIMES CAME MORE OFTEN!

Do you think it was heard ? Wink
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I do alot of site promoting though, and contribute that to my successful selling. Very Happy
randasresale

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
Thanks. I do alot of site promoting though, and contribute that to my successful selling. Very Happy

What kind of promotion do you do?

Randa
www.randasresale.ecrater.com
www.randasresale.com
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submit to every search engine I can find, I post to online classifieds, I promote my site on other auction sites, I send a business card with every purchase, I link exchange with sites that are relevant to my product/interests, I use an e-mail signature, I post banners where ever I can, I participate on MB's, I participate in Google adWords, I do traffic exchanges, I update my site daily, I maintain 2 blogs, and I list auctions to draw traffic with my site name on my images. I'm sure there's more but it's early and my brain isn't functioning. Very Happy
ljstores

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capitalus wrote:
so I guess it's like kids grow, the same for a while and than bum - need to go shopping for new outfits! Razz

Ok, so I don't worry than. Thanks for the advice of doing something - I'm trying, but don't have that much time, unfortunately. I finally created a page at myspace! (same name - myspace.com/capitalus ) Well, it's not that much fun yet, and I still need banners, can't participate in all your promotions without it - I have to do a lot of work... I wish it could be done by itself, can't it? LOL

I hear ya!!! LOL

LJ
watercolor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's feast or famine too. Usually I will get multiple sales from different websites and then nothing and then it starts all over again. I am very grateful for the sales that I have and I am constantly delighted and surprised when the sales do come in. I guess that's what keeps "selling" fun and exciting for me.

Leslie
http://www.watercolor.ecrater.com
http://www.sweetoutfit.ecrater.com
jwautographs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promotion is a key element if you REALLY want to succeed.

The first consideration if you are serious about building your own online business is get a domain name. Even if you just use it to forward your visitors to your eCrater shop. Why? Promotion is time consuming and hard work and you never know what can happen in the future if you depend on another site for your business. Things change and if you have to as a result all that past promotion is down the drain.

In other words PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS!

Second, set a goal such as "adding one new element to my promotion efforts everyday". It takes time to get exposed. It's a cumulative effect. Don't burn yourself out trying to do it all in one day or week. If you do you may get discouraged because results generally come slowly and gain strength over time.

Don't be afraid to spend a few bucks to gain exposure in the right spots.

Be prepared to adjust your product to match your customers not match your customers to your product. If something is not selling figure out why. Is the price too high? Is there too much competition? Are you lost in a crowd?

Make a plan and stick to it! Customers can only be gained one at a time. Once you get one try to hold on for dear life!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: