eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How did you become sucessful on eCrater??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daisychains

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: How did you become sucessful on eCrater?? Reply with quote

Please post helpful hints for newbies and other eCrater members here on how you were able to sell on eCrater as compared to other online selling venues. What have you done differently what makes you stand out over other sellers? What have you tried that has worked and what have you tried that was a complete waste of time?? I'd love to hear how you and others here do it. Wink

Thanks!!

Daisy Chains
http://www.littledaisychains.org
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
daisychains

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm betting your spelling is better than mine, doh!! But for real what do you think? Embarassed
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN MY OPINION
the only thing that works is YOU promoting your store.

Think of it this way - you have a brick and mortar store in a strip mall next to the dry cleaners and the grocery store. Now the only way you are going to get traffic in that store is to advertise it. Most people just won't wander in as they are running in the grocery store or the dry cleaners.
PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE!

Join groups like www.BusinessesGrowingTogether.com
Read the advertising thread here
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4
and copy and paste the ideas that will work for you
Make yourself a goal to submit your URL to at least 5 of the sites listed there a day. In about a year you will be done, lol.

Good Luck!
bangkokbint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTall, I didn't find the advertising thread helpful at all - it was basically same old, same old (submit to Google, Yahoo etc, join groups, list on directories etc.) we all already should know this and, half the 'free directories' I found listed in that thread weren't free at all - they were charging between $5 and $19.95 per URL listing.

I would love to see some truly innovative advertising strategies as I've tried all the ones listed, including Adwords and am getting nowhere fast. Sad
bangkokbint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTall, and as far as the Businesses growing together, how well do you think that program works?

I always just throw flyers like that away without even looking at them, and I would venture that 90% of buyers do, so do you think you're getting much of a response from it?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I always just throw flyers like that away without even looking at them, and I would venture that 90% of buyers do, so do you think you're getting much of a response from it?

I don't want to hijack this thread - so just one quick answer -
Businesses Growing Together is alot more then just their flyer program.
Over the years I have gotten emails Thanking me for letting my customer know about so in so seller.

SO bangkokbint what do you do that you think works?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
SO bangkokbint what do you do that you think works?

Yeah, that's really the question. If none of the suggestions you're finding here are good ones then what are the good ideas that we're all missing?
ljstores

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangkokbint wrote:
half the 'free directories' I found listed in that thread weren't free at all - they were charging between $5 and $19.95 per URL listing.
(

If anyone comes across anything in the "solutions" thread (the promotion thread is linked to it) that is misleading or inaccurate please let me know!

Thanks

LJ
daisychains

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. So far I've only really focused on google ad words, joining other great forum communities, selling on other online venues, having my own website and posting on Craig's list from time to time (which I totally went about the wrong way..eek!). I pass out business cards every chance I get and carry them with me should someone say oh I like those earrings or what have you. I've placed flyer's up on local grocery store bulletin boards but that is far as I've stretched in the physical world beyond friendly conversation. I'm kind of a shy gal so I prefer web sourcing. Let's see.....I believe in word of mouth big time! I'm starting to get a few sales here and there from Etsy but with eCrater I just haven't figured out the trick to making buyers feel comfortable with me. Hmmmm....I guess I'm trying to figure out what you all have done specifically that has brought you sales here on this venue. Every place has their own quirks and boy would I love to learn them!! Wouldn't you?! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: