eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Made a Sale, But Shipping Didn't Add On

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KathysCornerStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Made a Sale, But Shipping Didn't Add On Reply with quote

TIA! I've read the threads about the new shipping calculator for buyers (love it) and mine seems to be working just fine.
I have checked all my settings according to that thread and they look correct. Last sale was only a few weeks ago, and everything was fine.
I do offer Priority and Parcel Post, can a buyer erase the shipping, or have I not found what I did wrong yet?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kathy,

Did the customer use Google Checkout? Do you have your shipping matrix completed in case the USPS shipping site times out?

As far as I know, the customer can not make any change to the item cost OR shipping cost.
KathysCornerStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sheila.

Nope, Paypal transaction. I've never had the shipping matrix set at all and never had a problem before! I only sell 1 item at a time.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KathysCornerStore wrote:
Thanks Sheila.

Nope, Paypal transaction. I've never had the shipping matrix set at all and never had a problem before! I only sell 1 item at a time.

Since you use teh USPS Calculator the matrix is used as a back up for when the USPS site is not responding fast enough.

The holiday season is usually a big no respondance time so make sure you get that matrix completed.
KathysCornerStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks T, can you steer me towards a thread that will teach a real tech moron how to set it? Laughing
I never understood it at all!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KathysCornerStore wrote:
I've never had the shipping matrix set at all and never had a problem before! I only sell 1 item at a time.
It was my understanding that we needed to complete the shipping Matrix in our Admin section IF we used USPS calculated shipping AND Google check-out. Google only waits a short time for the shipping info from USPS before it reverts to your shipping back-up which would be the shipping matrix. If Google reverts to backup and you have $0.00 filled out, that's what Google would charge for shipping. The alternative/eCRATER checkout (Paypal, money order, etc) don't have this problem.

Since your customer used PayPal, either my information is wrong or there is a different problem.

Did you check the item to confirm for sure that you had added the weight and it was listed in decimal format (like 1 lb, 8 oz listed as 1.50)? If the weight was blank or 0 the shipping would be 0. Also, did the item weigh over 70 lbs OR did you accidently enter the weight so it appeared to be over 70 lbs? Priority Mail and Parcel Post both have a 70 lb weight limit and I think the shipping reverts to your backup.

I have to run some errands, so hopefully someone else will be along soon to help. Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USPS calculator can time out no matter what payment option is selected.
KathysCornerStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just used whole numbers, usually 1,2 or 3 lbs. I will go in and put them into decimal format to be safe.
I've been browsing around trying to understand the matrix. If I "get" it at all, the one setting covers all of the listings. I went in and put actual numbers in the 1,2, 4 and 6 pound boxes that approximate what it would cost to each zone.
Is that right? Fingers crossed!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: