Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
treasuresofthepast wrote:
bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Looks like eCrater already got rid of "US Mainland", AK and HI altogether which is good.
NO,
it's still there
Shipping: US-Mainland: $5.50 (more destinations)

What they got rid of and need to bring back is AK and HI
Nope, it's totally gone as far as I can see. For example:

http://www.ecrater.com/p/8778921/s-american-wood-carved-sun

They also rearranged the logos of GC and PayPal too if you haven't noticed.
US-Mainland, Alaska & Hawaii are gone IF you use the USPS calculator.
If you use fixed price or the shipping matrix . . . it needs to be fixed. For example:
http://bigtallmensclothing.ecrater.com/p/4218471/shorts-swimwear-beach-size-36-mens

ps nice shorts BT

Ok, I see what you meant. I was talking about the new check the shipping rate feature for sellers who use the USPS shipping calculator since the OP is about that and not fixed shipping listings which wouldn't have the "click to check" anyway.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:

Nope, it's totally gone as far as I can see. For example:

http://www.ecrater.com/p/8778921/s-american-wood-carved-sun

They also rearranged the logos of GC and PayPal too if you haven't noticed.

Well that's totally a different issue ... there is NO destinations showing at all. No way for a customer to know if you ship there or not.
Not sure but maybe that store has every single country checked.

Most stores look like this one
http://www.ecrater.com/p/8778659/schwinn

Maybe they're still testing & playing around to see what works/looks best?

Edit: Nevermind. The listing above is fixed shipping.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about the new check the shipping rate feature for sellers who use the USPS shipping calculator since the OP is about that and not fixed shipping listings which wouldn't have the "click to check" anyway.
We are all talking about the "new check the shipping rate feature". The new feature allows international customer to see their shipping cost when the seller is using fixed rate or the shipping matrix also. Before, except for Canada, they could not see the shipping cost until check-out.

The new feature affects ALL sellers, just in a little different way.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am helping a new ecrater seller with her store. She has calculated shipping set up but the new check the shipping rate feature is indicating that she doesn't ship to Alaska or Hawaii.

It is my understanding that Alaska and Hawaii are part of the United States and are really no longer separated out. On her shipping zones, it is showing US Mainland, Alaska & Hawaii all checked (but grayed out). In other words, you don't have a choice.

But when you click on the "click to check" button and you enter zip code 99501 for Alaska or 96840 for Hawaii, you get "Merchant lookagain does not ship to Alaska or Hawaii whichever you have entered. It works for the mainland US towns.

http://lookagain.ecrater.com/p/8767975/large-rectangle-tropical-floral-print

Any ideas on what is going on?
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinabluelady wrote:

I'm afraid that I can't help you with your question but know someone else will stop by to offer help.

I enjoyed looking through your store and you have a very nice selection of items!! When checking to see the shipping cost for your Knowles Norman Rockwell Toy Maker Collector plate USPS Media Mail was offered @ $3.16. We know that it can't be sent by Media but sure as anything a buyer may pick that low shipping price.

http://carolinabluelady.ecrater.com/p/6180538/knowles-norman-rockwell-the-toy
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be off the subject and hope my asking won't cause a problem -- if it does I imagine someone will delete or move this post.

How did you get the blue logo for Facebook (f / share) to appear at the beginning of the listing for the Norman Rockwell ToyMaker Collector Plate? I never noticed anyone else having that logo on their eCrater listing page so just had to ask you!!

treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourRainyDayBookStore wrote:
This will be off the subject and hope my asking won't cause a problem -- if it does I imagine someone will delete or move this post.

How did you get the blue logo for Facebook (f / share) to appear at the beginning of the listing for the Norman Rockwell ToyMaker Collector Plate? I never noticed anyone else having that logo on their eCrater listing page so just had to ask you!!

eCrater puts it there. You should read this thread:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=24834

Last edited by treasuresofthepast on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rainy Day. Yes, I know about the Media Mail issue.
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[eCrater puts it there. You should read this thread:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=24834

Treasures, Thank you so much Very Happy as I sure did miss that informational post!
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinabluelady wrote:
I am helping a new ecrater seller with her store. She has calculated shipping set up but the new check the shipping rate feature is indicating that she doesn't ship to Alaska or Hawaii.

It is my understanding that Alaska and Hawaii are part of the United States and are really no longer separated out. On her shipping zones, it is showing US Mainland, Alaska & Hawaii all checked (but grayed out). In other words, you don't have a choice.

But when you click on the "click to check" button and you enter zip code 99501 for Alaska or 96840 for Hawaii, you get "Merchant lookagain does not ship to Alaska or Hawaii whichever you have entered. It works for the mainland US towns.

eCrater fixed her problem and all is working now. So if anyone else is having a problem with this, you need to report it to eCrater to get it fixed.
VosaStyleEmporium

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinabluelady wrote:

I'm actually having the opposite problem. I use fixed shipping rates. I'm in Canada, and I previously chose not to ship to Alaska or Hawaii. Now if I enter an Alaskan or Hawaiian zip code, it shows up as $0.00. I noticed just now when I went to list a new product in my admin page, that it now shows fixed shipping boxes for Alaska and Hawaii.

Does this mean we're now required to ship to Alaska and Hawaii? Oy, this means I'll have to make the changes to all my listing pages Sad
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolinabluelady, thanks for giving us an update, I'm glad they were able to fix her problem.

I still have a problem with the way the information is presented. In one of my other stores I'm using the weight based Shipping Matrix. Shipping Zone chart was checked for the US Mainland, Alaska, and Hawaii and in that store I do not ship outside the US (except for military addresses) Under the old system, the shipping amount was shown for all three locations. There was nothing to lead the customer to think I shipped anywhere else. In my postcard store I do have international shipping. The rate for one card was posted for all three, plus Canada with a link to click to see where I shipped internationally. Here's how both looked before:

It's very clear Where you ship, just not clear on the cost for international.

I really like that our international customers can see the shipping cost, but I feel it is more important to show quickly where we ship. Of course I'd like to have both, but if I had to choose, I'd rather see the list of where I ship. Also, it's unfair to Alaska & Hawaii to make them go through the loop of checking their zip code when it could easily be posted like before.

This may cause a problem also for those sellers who use UPS or FedEx for the US Mainland and don't ship to Alaska & HI.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vosa, I was typing & getting the screenshot and didn't see your post. I checked the Shipping Zone in a store I'm setting up and Alaska / HI were grayed out with boxes checked. I guess you can't uncheck them. You might want to contact eCRATER to explain the problem.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a problem with the way the information is presented.

So do I. It is more cumbersome and less clear for the customer.

I feel it is more important to show quickly where we ship. Of course I'd like to have both, but if I had to choose, I'd rather see the list of where I ship. Also, it's unfair to Alaska & Hawaii to make them go through the loop of checking their zip code when it could easily be posted like before.

Exactly.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alaska and Hawaii are part of the US and there is no special shipping costs for them versus any other state as far as USPS is concerned - they are considered domestic just like any other state. I am located in NC so for me Alaska and Hawaii are in Zone 8 just like CA, WA & OR. There is really no reason that you wouldn't want to ship to Alaska or Hawaii - costs, packaging are the same as any other state.

If you ship using flat rates - those flat rates apply to all states not just US-Mainland. eCrater does need to get rid of that term and just put US or add Alaska & Hawaii so that it is not confusing. Since I think the we are trying to get away from the idea that Alaska and Hawaii are different, I think they should just show US.

For USPS calculated shipping - everyone is going to have to put in their zip code to see what the shipping cost is for all of the US including Alaska & Hawaii. For International, they would enter their zip to see if you ship there and if so, the shipping cost would show up.

You could always include information about where you ship on your front page - like "We ship to the US only" or "we do not ship Internationally" If you ship internationally, you could put the countries you do ship to on your Terms page.

As far as UPS or FedEx are concern, I have no clue as to how their rates are set up or if there are separate rates for Alaska & Hawaii from any other state. I also don't know how Canadian shipping is set up and if shipping to Alaska or Hawaii is charged differently than the lower 48.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: