eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping Fees - Click to Check Feature
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silktraveler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: I had to 'fix' my Fixed shipping Reply with quote

I may have gotten my "what if's" mixed up but it seemed like there were multiple workarounds you had to account for no matter which shipping option you chose. I kept a correct weight assignment on item that had a stated F/S in title (my way of not saying "Free") and a 0 Fixed ship in case of an override.

So I found that I just had to go back now and make the assigned weight 0.00 on all my Fixed Ship 0 items to have them correctly not charge at Checkout.

I am ever grateful with all that eCrater does to improve options for us sellers but have to admit that the amount of time spent reworking 40+ pages of listings when new features comes out has been enormously time-consuming. Only tedious if you don't have bulk edit I suppose.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's the downside to workarounds and "tricks" to fool a system into doing what you want. Someday I will probably get bitten by the way I set up my matrix to make it do what I want! (and a lot of other people, too)

The thing to remember about the USPS calculator is that it is strictly a calculator. It looks at the Zip codes, it looks at the weight, and it calculates the postage. It has no way of knowing anything else; it sees 1 pound or whatever and calculates. So the only way to get 0.00 for shipping is to have 0 as the weight.

Sorry for your trouble! I agree that a bulk editor would be like Christmas all year long. But I'm sure that's a really tough piece of programming to incorporate. Let's keep believing in Santa Claus!! Laughing
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed today when going to the main site then looking at my products..it only shows I ship to U.S. mainland I also did had Alaska and Hawaii?
U.S. mainland then a clickable link (more destinations) then Check the shipping rates..I don't understand..I don't use the Matrix nor Calculated Shipping ..all mine are fixed shipping
ladyknightsjewelry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PegsBUTTONS wrote:
I noticed today when going to the main site then looking at my products..it only shows I ship to U.S. mainland I also did had Alaska and Hawaii?
U.S. mainland then a clickable link (more destinations) then Check the shipping rates..I don't understand..I don't use the Matrix nor Calculated Shipping ..all mine are fixed shipping

If you enter a zip code for Alaska or Hawaii, it returns the fixed rate that is entered in the item.

LKJ
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladyknightsjewelry wrote:
PegsBUTTONS wrote:

If you enter a zip code for Alaska or Hawaii, it returns the fixed rate that is entered in the item.

LKJ

How are shoppers in Alaska or Hawaii supposed to know that?
ralph
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the fact Alaska and Hawaii doesn't show on my product page..so its a extra click..plus filling in their zip code for the buyer to see if you do or don't ship to them.
wayneshop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PegsBUTTONS wrote:
I don't like the fact Alaska and Hawaii doesn't show on my product page..so its a extra click..plus filling in their zip code for the buyer to see if you do or don't ship to them.

Yes--it seems preferable to me to have Alaska and Hawaii listed, along with the US Mainland, as it used to be.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if this change makes it possible to now separate international shipping using the calculator while maintaining flat rate within the U.S.? This is one of the main reasons we've not set it up.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I love the new feature. It makes calculated shipping so much better to be able to see the shipping cost on the item page. Thank you eCRATER.

2. Having just the US Mainland showing is a step backwards. We really need to have Alaska and Hawaii listed as they were before. I would think most customers from Alaska & Hawaii would assume the seller doesn't ship to their state and leave. The industry norm is to post the shipping for both the mainland states and Alaska/Hawaii if you ship to them. To omit them & any mention of them is to tell most customers you don't ship there.

3. List the countries to which we ship in the pop-up window so the customer can see at a glance if we ship to their country. I would prefer the drop-down list match our selected countries and have that same list used in the shopping cart, but a list would help.

4. Let the customer estimate the shipping cost on page one of the shopping cart. Personally, I get really annoyed adding all that information just to learn that the seller charges way too much for the three items I want to buy. On the other hand, if I saw a quick estimate of the shipping costs and they were really reasonable, I may go back and add a few more items.

5. Our US Military can not use eCRATER shopping cart! You can add the military zipcode in the shipping estimator and get the cost. However, you can't check out using the Alternative Checkout (which should be eCRATER Checkout) because the US Military state codes are not an option on the drop-down, you can't type them in, and the locations are not located on the international list. If they use Google Checkout, Google has AA, AE, and AP listed as states. For sellers who do not use Google Checkout, there is no option.
(Note: They should be listed under International so sellers can make their own choice.)
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
Anyone know if this change makes it possible to now separate international shipping using the calculator while maintaining flat rate within the U.S.? This is one of the main reasons we've not set it up.

I don't use the calculator, only the matrix, but it appears to me that this is not a change in function, only a change in the way it displays. So that would mean the different types of shipping will still work the way they did before, thereby having the calculator override the others.

If someone sees another view, hopefully they will post it for you! Very Happy
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Having just the US Mainland showing is a step backwards. We really need to have Alaska and Hawaii listed as they were before. I would think most customers from Alaska & Hawaii would assume the seller doesn't ship to their state and leave. The industry norm is to post the shipping for both the mainland states and Alaska/Hawaii if you ship to them. To omit them & any mention of them is to tell most customers you don't ship there.

Looks like eCrater already got rid of "US Mainland", AK and HI altogether which is good.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treasuresofthepast wrote:
Quote:
Having just the US Mainland showing is a step backwards. We really need to have Alaska and Hawaii listed as they were before. I would think most customers from Alaska & Hawaii would assume the seller doesn't ship to their state and leave. The industry norm is to post the shipping for both the mainland states and Alaska/Hawaii if you ship to them. To omit them & any mention of them is to tell most customers you don't ship there.

Looks like eCrater already got rid of "US Mainland", AK and HI altogether which is good.

NO,
it's still there
Shipping: US-Mainland: $5.50 (more destinations)

What they got rid of and need to bring back is AK and HI
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Quote:

NO,
it's still there

Nope, it's totally gone as far as I can see. For example:

http://www.ecrater.com/p/8778921/s-american-wood-carved-sun

They also rearranged the logos of GC and PayPal too if you haven't noticed.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
NO,
it's still there

US-Mainland, Alaska & Hawaii are gone IF you use the USPS calculator.
If you use fixed price or the shipping matrix . . . it needs to be fixed. For example:
http://bigtallmensclothing.ecrater.com/p/4218471/shorts-swimwear-beach-size-36-mens

ps nice shorts BT
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's totally a different issue ... there is NO destinations showing at all. No way for a customer to know if you ship there or not.
Not sure but maybe that store has every single country checked.

Most stores look like this one
http://www.ecrater.com/p/8778659/schwinn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: