eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any tips on how to get sales?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mygoods

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Any tips on how to get sales? Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new to eCrater, and I have not had my first sale yet. Are there any tips that you fellow eCrater sellers have for me about promoting,selling,etc.?
Also, can ya'll take a look at my store and possibly tell me about ways to improve the appearance (or anything else to change) that would attract customers and sales?

Thank you so much!

http://mygoods.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have created a very nice store with good descriptions, excellent pictures. You have nice items. Also, you may not want to start the listing of the plate with the word Gross. I'd at least add the first initial of the artist. Since eCrater is free you have to do all of your own promotion. Send your store's URL to search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. Create a Twitter account and add a detail about one of your items on it daily. Consider Facebook as well. Create a blog to talk about your items. Participate in the forums and be sure to add something to the forum Promote your items. Best of luck to you. Add more items -- it seems that one gets more sales if one has lots of items for sale. I didn't start selling anything until I got to about 40 items.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many of your titles are identical. Google and probably other search engines as well will skip over them thinking they are duplicate listings. They aren't but you also are in danger of ecrater accidentally thinking they are duplicates and deleting them.

Find something different about each of the same titled items and start the title with the different key words. For instance your hand painted easter eggs: one is blue and one is orange.

Agree about starting a title with the word Gross. Use the first name or initial unless it is A.

You really do have nice items. However when listing more items, I'd mix the order a bit. If I started down your list of items in an advanced search I'd think you only sold old cameras and leave as I have no interest in old cameras. But a couple of cameras and then a couple of figurines etc would keep me looking.

Overall I think your titles are your bugaboo. Fix them and see if you don't get more attention. Bear in mind that this has been a horrendous summer for sales for many if not most sellers.
mygoods

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: