eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I NEED HELP !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seewhatimsellingnow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: I NEED HELP ! Reply with quote

I have been trying- for several years now.. to list on ecrater- and just do not understand it ? I cannot bulk upload my ebay items (don't understand what ecrater wants ? Don't even know how to do my 'Store' ?? and there is no CONTACT for ecrater? I really want to list on this site..... Betty Lou Crying or Very sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to read this section. It tells just almost all you need to know to list on here

http://community.ecrater.com/viewforum.php?f=6

And Here's a Section on how to transfer you eBay Items

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=18887
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: I NEED HELP ! Reply with quote

seewhatimsellingnow wrote:
I have been trying- for several years now.. to list on ecrater- and just do not understand it ? I cannot bulk upload my ebay items (don't understand what ecrater wants ? Don't even know how to do my 'Store' ?? and there is no CONTACT for ecrater? I really want to list on this site..... Betty Lou Crying or Very sad

I tried the bulk & it is much faster to do them one at a time using the copy feature. On another site, we uploaded from ebay but had to go back into every listing & clean up the junk that came over from our templates.
So if you've been at it for a couple years..... you would have had your store stocked using copy. That's my opinion anyway.
seewhatimsellingnow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds WAY too confusing to me.. on other sites, we only have to type in our Ebay user id name- and ZAP they are all transferred !! Shocked I'm hearing great things about ecrater.. and finding this frustrating- as I have sold on nearly every other auction site, but this one and Atomic Mall...
Maybe I'll just have to manually transfer my Ebay listings one by one... IF I can figure out how to do that? Betty Lou Crying or Very sad
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Betty, don't despair. Smile

First of all do you have a eBay store? If you do then you need to figure out how to download your store info into a file at eBay. I'm sure someone in their forum or help pages can help you figure that out.

If you do not have a store at eBay but just been listing some items, then you can't just download a file from eBay and plug it in eCrater's eBay importer. You will need to prepare a sepcial file.

Don't spend time on it before you figure out if you qualify for bulk listing at eCrater, because there are restrictions to using the bulk lister. I think if you have less than 100 items they don't let you use it. If your items are dropshipped you don't get to use it. So just read the info first.

All the info you need about the bulk lister is given in the "Bulk Lister/eBay Import" section of your eCrater account. Click on the link (writing in blue) at the bottom right where it says "Bulk file requirements and help." That will open a bunch of text about how to submit a bulk list as well as an example. (the writing in blue there are clickable. So click and look).

Now if it turns out you are not allowed to use the bulk lister or you prefer to do the listing manually just create your local categories (you may need to create them in any case before using the bulk lister too). You go to Categories part of your eCrater account and click on "Add new category" give it a name and "update" to save. Categories are the way you group your product listings in your store site. So for example for a book seller like me I have categories named "Books" "Magazines" "Bookmarks" Then I will be putting the individual book listing in the "Books" category I created.

After you create your local categories and subcategories. You go to Products section of your account and click on the "Add new product." You fill out the form that opens. Enter info in all the required fields (ones marked with a * next to them. Don't forget to enter a quantity or weight and select one local, one global category and one global subcategory). When you entered all the info just click on "update & exit" and you have a listing.

For listing a similar item just click on the copy listing button that will appear next to your products name (the one with two written pages on it. This is the feature kjscreations was refering to). When you do that ecrater will bring up a new product page with everything filled in the exact way in the listing you are copying. There won't be a picture. You edit the content for the new listing and when ready just click on "update & exit".

You need to have your images in your own computer (ecrater does not get pictures from an online host like photobucket or flicker. They need to be in your computer for you to upload them when you are listing individually (manually). It is different for the bulk lister. Then you can use an image host, but not a third party site that eCrater won't be allowed to get them from.

Adding images is simple just click on the icon with the camara picture on it next to the product name and click on browse, find file and "add". You can upload up to 10 images.

Read the info in the links Comics-Emporium provided. They are very useful.

If you have more questions just come back and ask them here.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listings on eBay MUST be an eBay store, you download the spreadsheet type file from your store to your computer, then upload it to ecrater. Sounds like that's not something you know how to do so you are better off not doing it.

Besides, Google don't allow you to list in multiple places, so having the same items here, there and who knows where will only hurt you in the long run. You can be in multiple places BUT don't put the exact same listings everywhere.

In the faq section of this forum there is a topic
How to set up your eCrater store - Manuals and Pictorials
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=3752
READ that.

ANd please take a moment to read - ATTENTION New ecrater.com Sellers - please read - http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=7227
seewhatimsellingnow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Using ecrater Reply with quote

LOL- Well, I FINALLY managed to list five items !! My brain hurts !! Laughing What's with having to add the 'weight' for each item?.. and the 'browse' for pictures- does nothing and goes nowhere- have to submit the listings and THEN click on ADD for photos? Don't understand the need for that initial 'browse' ? Also- nothing at the tops of the pages to take us to our stores? and 'PRODUCTS' ??? Never heard listed items called that before- more confusion- and three different catagories for Home- Global- World ??? No- I do not have an Ebay store (why didn't they tell us that we have to have a STORE in order to bulk transfer?)
But- I'm making progress (learning this new language)
STILL do not know how to make a nice looking Store front- Me page (or whatever they call it.....It's a WHOLE NEW learning experience !! Hardest one I've ever encountered..... Laughing Betty Lou
OH YES- and I clicked on something- for a price range (thinking it was for the item I was listing) and NOW all of my items HAVE to be in THAT price range???
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not have to do that first Browse if you don't want to.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you made quite a bit of progress.

One thing to remember, if you want to edit a local category, do not click on the name of the category (in your Categories section). That just opens the category up so you can access subcategories. Click on the edit button next to the category name to edit the name of your local category. That is the button with the yellow pencil picture on it.

I think this is what happened when you created your
Handcrafted OOAK WOOD doll bed (3)
handcrafted doll bed (0) (subcategory)
see http://seewhatimsellingnow.ecrater.com/category.php

Am I correct?

The thing to remember is that whenever you list an item (a product) it appears in two separate web pages. One of these webpages is located at your store website (inside what is called a local category, since it is local to your admin I guess) and the other is at eCrater's main site (inside a category/subcategory there). So you need to places to select to place your item. Hence you need to select locations.

One good thing about all this is you only need to do it once. The listings can stay as long as it is not sold out (and even then you can keep it by hiding it). So not resubmissions. Take your time and do it right. Study the documentation shown. Hacking may be fun now, it might cause you to do a lot of editing later. Make sure you figured out how you will be setting up your shipping. It is not just using "Fixed shipping to" option. There is more to it. (By the way if you leave shipping info unentered then eCrater charges the default which is $0. So set it up if you don't want to give free shipping).

Also offering Cash on Delivery is not a good idea. Consider someone from another state buying the item using that, you will have to pay additional service fees on top of postage to have it delivered that way. And the payment won't be cash, it will be check. And it will take a long time to reach your hand. Not really a good idea (considering such service charges are over $5).

Comments like:
Quote:
I SHIP TWICE WEEKLY, ON MONDAY AND THURSDAY. NO OUTSIDE OF USA !

are considered boiler plate. Read eCrater's terms of service: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
Boilerplate stuff is not allowed in the descriptions. You need to put that kind of stuff in your Terms page and/or FAQ. You can edit your terms from "Edit Texts" section of your account. And right beneath that section is where you enter FAQ (questions and answers).

My point: Read the documents (especially the start up topic and the manuals) before doing more.
Pectolite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
Then you can use an image host, but not a third party site that eCrater won't be allowed to get them from.

acread gave amazing information, I am agog (true word). I am trying to figure out how to use photos with the bulk lister. I am creating my file manually and would like to add an image_url, but I do not know how to set this up anymore. Once I would have presumed FTP was the way to go. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding image hosts?

Also, in the description field, may we add our google attributes, or do we need to go back in once the files are uploaded to add attributes?
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pectolite - you need to host your images online somewhere. Photobucket.com is free or there are a number of other image hosting services available online.

Quote:
Also, in the description field, may we add our google attributes

Yes, see the FAQ section of this forum for google attributes and it will show you how to emter them ... like [!brand!] you need all the ! and [ to go with it.
Pectolite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Image Hosts Reply with quote

Last question. Once our bulk file is uploaded, do we need to keep the photos on the image host or may they be removed at that time?
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Image Hosts Reply with quote

Pectolite wrote:
Last question. Once our bulk file is uploaded, do we need to keep the photos on the image host or may they be removed at that time?

Once it's uploaded on the products are in your store you can delete them from the hosting place.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: