eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Feed Status Big Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maymesattic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Google Feed Status Big Problems Reply with quote

I've posted before about this problem, but it is still a problem! My store has been up and running, I have hits on all my items, I have Paypal and Google Checkout, but my Google feed status is still not up and running. I've communicated with eCrater through the questions link and I've communicated with Google, receiving input from both. However, the last question (which I've outlined below) has not been acknowledged or answered by either one. I thought an experienced eCrater moderator or store owner could shed some light on this. I'm concerned that I have put lots and lots of work into my store but it isn't going through Google. Here is the problem:

eCrater responded with what I already knew--eCrater is responsible for the product feed and that previous merchant center accounts need to be removed. Then eCrater sent me to Google to take care of the matter.

Google removed a Merchant Account from a previous online store that I once used. Then they attached information about claiming a URL, which turned out to be a Merchant Account I set up for eCrater before I knew about eCrater's role.

Do I claim it? Is this something I WAS supposed to do? If not, how do I delete it? Just deleting the information doesn't seem to work. Thank you for any help you can give me!

Confused Mary Confused from Mayme's Attic
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some code you need to enter somewhere but I have forgotten. Other sellers here are more experienced at the technical side of things than I am.

Don't give up. It is just a matter of you not knowing the lingo they use. It will get straightened out.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Feed Status Big Problems Reply with quote

maymesattic wrote:

Google removed a Merchant Account from a previous online store that I once used. Then they attached information about claiming a URL, which turned out to be a Merchant Account I set up for eCrater before I knew about eCrater's role.

Do I claim it? Is this something I WAS supposed to do? If not, how do I delete it? Just deleting the information doesn't seem to work. Thank you for any help you can give me!

Confused Mary Confused from Mayme's Attic

Mary,

Go into the settings of this account and remove any reference to your eCrater store, specifically a web address for your store. Click Save.
Next go to "My Account" where all Google services that you use are listed.
Check to see if Google Base appears there. If it does, click on that icon and click on settings again. Again, remove your eCrater web address is it is listed. Click "Save".

This should clear up problems with the product feed from eCrater for your store.
As far as "Claiming" your store as Google instructs you to do, you cannot do this.
The content of your store is yours but, the store belongs to eCrater. Only eCrater could insert the code required to claim it.
eCRater does not claim each individual store, they claim the entire domain.

If you still have other Google Merchant accounts, Log into those and do the same as mentioned above.

After doing this it may take a week or so for your products to be fed to Google

Hope this helps
ralph
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: