eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Lots of hits but no sales. Any advice?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom, why don't you sell them in lots. At your prices you could sell them by the dozen to flea marketers or other sellers who then have the leeway to double the prices or more. You could probably fit a dozen items in a small flat rate box and ship for a low combined shipping price.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
momssewingroom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my next step to sell in lots or bulk. I just wantd to try to sell them this way first. But I haven't had them on very long. Just seems strange to me that when I sold them at the regular prices I sold at least 10 to 30 a day. On eCrater....none.....seems so strange to me. I just can't figure out why...... I keep thinking it is something I am not doing. But I don't think that is it. I just feel like for some reason they are not being seen as well as other website..maybe??
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a horrendous sales summer for many of us. I have had 50% off sales on some categories but I've now put the prices back up. No interest whatsoever.
Everything-n-More

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: lots of hits not as many sales. Reply with quote

I've had a lot of hits on every product but not as many sales. I know I don't have that many different kinds of cellphone model choices but I try to get the peoples prospective brlefore I add more items. I've posted questions about what cellphone accessories people need and want, what's the popular cellphones, etc. But I haven't had many responses. How can I up the sales along with the hits.

Visit the site and give feedback please. Everything-n-more.ecrater.com[/list]
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome page isn't very welcoming. Skip the sales stuff, instead be hospitable and tell what is in your store. You have nothing in your 'about' me page. Your terms page has misspellings and not a lot of info--needs phrased differently.

I would also suggest that you repeat in your actual listing what these items are and what they are for. I don't have a cellphone so I can't give guidance that way, but your home page is a huge turn off especially as part of the script isn't showing completely.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everythingnmore
You have google ads in your listings because your photos are too small. This means a buyer can't really see the items you are selling. Ergo they will buy from someone with a viewable picture.
bellahoneybodycare

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Lots of hits with no sell HELP! Reply with quote

I sell all HANDMADE PRODUCTS; soap, body butter, body scrubs, facial treatments.

I took time to make sure I give as much information as possible, I got a lot of hits with no sell, I don't know if my store is lacking something that I dont know. My products are less than $10 what's going on?

I need some feedback;

http://www.bellahoneybodycare.ecrater.com
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bellahoney... You have 10 items listed. In the whole scheme of on line selling that isn't even a microscopic drop in a bucket. If someone sees your stuff but doesn't like any of your available flavors or scents then they will go elsewhere. I would think you need more variety.

Also, although I have never gotten to go to a spa, by conception of them is of a luxurious, beautiful place. You need to show those soaps wrapped up looking special and not as a hard chunk of gray stuff (by the way one of your whipped butters has a picture of a lump of something not identified). No problem with showing what the soap looks like unwrapped, but do show what the customers is going to get. How do you wrap them and how do you make them look special? People willing to buy this type of stuff are willing to pay more anyhow than those of us that use cheap store soap. Charge enough to cover great packaging. I do think though the biggest problem is just a total lack of product, there isn't enough to pull buyers in.

Plus don't forget that promoting yourself is a huge part of selling at ecrater.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Moonwishes Bellahoney. 10 items is nothing. If you sell items in groups of 3, make additional listings of groups of 1, 2, soap by the dozen. Offer an assortment: 1 soap, 1 facial, 1 cream in one package.

Your photos are very clear but not appealing. Those jars of stuff look like week old guacamole. The soap...do you really sell it in those jagged broken off chunks? If not show it nicely cut and trimmed with a packaged one in the background.

90% of beauty/spa products is psychological. Relax, pamper yourself, make yourself beautiful. I get a utilitarian feeling from your store.
Everything-n-More

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: lots of hits not as many sales Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
Everythingnmore
You have google ads in your listings because your photos are too small. This means a buyer can't really see the items you are selling. Ergo they will buy from someone with a viewable picture.

How do you see the ads because when I go to it I don't see any. How can I get them off?
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to upload different photos. They must be at lease 250 pixels.

You won't see the ads if you are in admin. You only see them as an outsider would see them.

Those Zappos ads aren't your store. Of course you might not see Zappos ads. I do because I was looking for something there last night and Google remembers and shoots me not only Zappos but the items I was looking at.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: lots of hits not as many sales Reply with quote

Everything-n-More wrote:

How do you see the ads because when I go to it I don't see any. How can I get them off?

They aren't on every item; only some have small photos. The Mickey Mouse charm is one that has ads in it. If you can resize your photo to make it larger and upload it again to replace the small one, the ads should disappear.
bellahoneybodycare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everyone advice,

I will take more pictures on how customers will receive items etc.

I really appreciate the advice.

Best,

Anayansi

http://www.bellahoneybodycare.ecrater.com
kjscreations

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
This has been a horrendous sales summer for many of us. I have had 50% off sales on some categories but I've now put the prices back up. No interest whatsoever.

My August SUCKED for sales HOWEVER my Zazzle stores were the best ever.... go figure!
ageoftaurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, I would love some criticism on my store, I have the same problem as the lady who is on ebay as well. All of my items sell on ebay no problem and for MORE money. I have great products and I offer all documentation and receipts for all my products but I still have no sales, lots of hits but not sales Sad can you guys take a look and help me Smile
www.ageoftaurus.ecrater.com
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: