eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Global Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forflower

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Global editor Reply with quote

wtcollectibles wrote:
forflower wrote:
I tried to set up a flat shipping rate for my items and it's not what I expected. It adds a shipping charge to each item, so I need to delete the rule but I don't see how to. Help.

Could you give a little more info? What were you trying to do, and what happened? All of the items that I looked at showed "free" shipping and no charge at all.
Sorry if I misunderstood the question. Embarassed

I tried to set up flat shipping of $5.99 gor the order, regardless of the quantity of items in the bag. I used to use matrix before, but thought there might be a better way and I tried to set up that rule through global editor. Except it sets up to charge each item a $5.99 fee. I couldn't delete the rule, so I set up a new one to deduct the $5.99. That's why you saw $0 shipping fees.

I just need to delete those rules.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. I don't think you can delete or undo a global action. If you want to go back to the matrix, there is a global action for "switch to weight-based shipping" which would set all of your items back to the matrix. Assuming that your item weights and your matrix are filled in, that should take you back to where you were. I can't think of anything else besides just editing one at a time.
RetrocadeGames

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I would ask.

Would the global editor adjust full lines of text or just single words.

For example, say I wanted to edit... "Color: Red" to "Color: Green" in a way of trying to prevent all "Red" lines of text from being replaced. I only want the ones that have "Color:" before it to be changed. Would that work or would it cause complete chaos?

I hope I described that well haha
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RetrocadeGames wrote:
Figured I would ask.

Would the global editor adjust full lines of text or just single words.

For example, say I wanted to edit... "Color: Red" to "Color: Green" in a way of trying to prevent all "Red" lines of text from being replaced. I only want the ones that have "Color:" before it to be changed. Would that work or would it cause complete chaos?

I hope I described that well haha

yes
but then you won't have any Color: Red as it will change them ALL to Color: Green

Type in your Text to replace*: Color: Red (exactly as you have it typed in the descriptions)
Type in your replacement: box Color: Green
RetrocadeGames

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm

Well that was just a quick example. What I want to do is change "Condition: Excellent" to "Condition: Like New".
Though I want to approach this in a way that wouldn't change every "excellent" in product descriptions to "like new" cause that would mess up a lot. For example: "Bill and Ted's Like New Adventure" lol.

So as long as I add this whole line of text, it won't change every individual word within it?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RetrocadeGames wrote:

So as long as I add this whole line of text, it won't change every individual word within it?

Yes, the editor will only change the string of text that you tell it to.

So if you put Condition: Excellent in the in your Text to replace box and Condition: Like New in the replacement box
only the stuff that reads Condition: Excellent exactly like that will be changed to Condition: Like New

So if you have some that say - Condition:Excellent they will not change because you told it to change only those with a space between the : and the E.
RetrocadeGames

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Thank you much for your help friend:)
aaaportal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: How can I delete all listing from my ebay category? Reply with quote

I have about 2000 listings. I want to delete all and upload nnew. How do I do it?
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: How can I delete all listing from my ebay category? Reply with quote

aaaportal wrote:
I have about 2000 listings. I want to delete all and upload nnew. How do I do it?

It looks like you did a bulk import from eBay. I'm assuming that you want to delete them all and repeat the bulk import? I don't believe that is allowed, because you might fall under the rule against using the bulk uploader as a bulk editor, which is not permitted.

Before you do anything, contact Ecrater at http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php and see if there is anything they will do to help you. Part of the bulk upload process is done manually by the Ecrater team, so deleting the 2000+ items that they did for you is wasting a lot of their time, and they wouldn't want to waste it again.
aaaportal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is rediclus . why can't i just delete inventory in bulk?? I sell on multiple sites and most items in small quantities, so easiest way just to erase all and import a new ones.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it is rediclus . why can't i just delete inventory in bulk??

Why can't you? Because the rules here say you can't and the other poster explained it. The small staff can't take up all their time being your own personal bulk editors.

If you want to sell on a site that does it that way, it sounds like you have already found others that do. Don't expect all sites to do what all the other sites do, especially if one of the sites is FREE like this one.
aaaportal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, understood. How can I put my account on inactive status so it will delete the invenotry or make it invisible? I will wait to sell here once they get a different rules in place.
aaaportal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: PS Reply with quote

Free or not makes no real difefrence to me. I 'd rather pay some fees than spent 100s of man hours managing the site. time is money to me...
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaportal wrote:
OK, understood. How can I put my account on inactive status so it will delete the invenotry or make it invisible?

On your Admin Tool page, choose On Hold if you just want to make your store inactive for a while and then come back later. If you want to delete everything for good, choose Delete Account further down the page.
Quote:
I will wait to sell here once they get a different rules in place.

I think it will be a long time because it will be hard to offer for free and Ecrater has stated repeatedly that it will always be free.

Other sellers have made the same business decision as you and chosen to pay for some upgrades not offered here. Best of luck to you!
aaaportal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for advice. Appreciate it. I sell about 30K per month on ebay. so I need to have it sync with my ebay inventory. pay or not it makes NO difference for real business and as businessman you should understand it too. What is the problem to pay a fee?

No one will work for free for long time and site need to be profitable. It is not mmy business and I do not understand why can;t i delete my own inventory and rexport it. I think it is pretty stupid rule. Anyway, good luck to all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: