eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Global Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs
FIRST - enable the GBP in the option tabs on your store
SECOND - Global editor and added an action to basically take the price in USD and mutliply (select * for the operator) by the appropriate conversion rate.

enter the conversion rate as 0.62 (or whatever rate you want to use).

You MUST use the ZERO in front of the decimal

If you used the + you will only be adding the value to the US value you already have and that will not result in the amount you need.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much. That makes sense. I was not thinking about it right.

BTW....I put the request in and it was only an hour or so and all my GBP fields were filled out.

THANKS ECRATER!
elisia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Global Editor settings - how to edit or delete? Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
TBQS wrote:
Is there a way to edit the GE?
What I mean is I have the GE set up and its working great; however, I want to delete a couple settings.
How do I do this?

once you submit the edits .. you can not change it

Now I am worried.

Went in and changed to the way I thought it should be (no instructions really-so winged it).

Here is what I got after the 2nd alteration:

10/25/10 03:52 set price UK All Price USD * 0.62
10/23/10 17:49 set price UK All Price USD +

Note the 25th has the * (not the +). Does this mean all is ok????? Store is STILL not showing up on the UK site like others are.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Global Editor settings - how to edit or delete? Reply with quote

elisia wrote:

Went in and changed to the way I thought it should be (no instructions really-so winged it).

There are instructions for the Global editor in the FAQ section of this forum -
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=25561
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsongsboutique wrote:

It would be nice to have a way to delete from the global editor. I've got a long list of stuff I've done. Need to get rid of it.
Windsong

Same Here. I've been going through my listing feels like 4ever 1 by 1 to get rid of boilerplates and a delete global editor would work great. I tried using the Replace Text in Description part in the Global Editor and put nothing in the replace with section, but that only works about 5-10% of the time
theouterrimcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My store is currently on hold. I have quite a few items that I want to stay hidden when I take it off hold. Will there be an option added to hide everything in a category or store in the future? Or a global editing feature to change quantity/inventory?

I do not want to delete the listings. I will be reusing most of them. However, it takes forever to go through and hide each individual listing.

If there is an easier way to do it, I haven't found it yet.

Any help would be appreciated.
purpledaisyjewelry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: How to Correct a Mistake in Global Editor Reply with quote

I understand GE is an editing function and not a setting. I also know I made a mistake when trying to set up for UK site. I did the GE function to add the conversion rate for UK. All is good. A week later I checked the rate and it had gone up a bit. So I did another GE function but accidentally used the + instead of *. Now customer paid way too much, which I can fix, but how do I correct my UK prices now?

Also, when doing new listings can you just do a new GE function to all listings or do you have to individually set your UK prices on each item from that point on? Which may be what I have to do now?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Sue
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but how do I correct my UK prices now?

Also, when doing new listings can you just do a new GE function to all listings or do you have to individually set your UK prices on each item from that point on? Which may be what I have to do now?

As your UK prices are based on your US prices, as long as your US prices are what you want them to be, just use the Global editor and use the * instead of the symbol you used before and they will all be fixed.

As to your next question, I have answered this one so many times I'm surprised that you haven't seen it somewhere. Whenever you do a new listing, either you have to do the calculation then and there for the UK price or wait until you are all done and then use the Global Editor to adjust them again. If you are copy pasting new listings you do have to be careful to not forget to change the UK price that is showing if your previous price was way higher or lower than your new listing. Using the global editor takes just seconds to get all your listings fixed at once, but you can do whatever you are comfortable with. But the important thing is, new listings do not automatically convert to a UK price unless you are copying and pasting a listing and then the UK price might not be what you want. The logic of this is when you have to do new listings, you have to add in a US price--ecrater won't set it for you, nor does it set a UK price for you. This is up to you with each new listing.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it appears that you can not add a new paragraph using the editor
you can only change something already there OR if your lucky enough to want to add an addition sentence to a paragraph already there and everything you want to add it to ends in the same words .. then you can
BUT if you ain't lucky to have the same ending words in every listing You can't even do that.

bummer
kjgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Global Editor Reply with quote

Is there a way to delete an action once it was approved?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Global Editor Reply with quote

kjgifts wrote:
Is there a way to delete an action once it was approved?

nope
kjgifts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Global Editor Reply with quote

so if I selected the wrong information the first time and then went back and did another one would the second override the first?
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Global Editor Reply with quote

kjgifts wrote:
so if I selected the wrong information the first time and then went back and did another one would the second override the first?

I don't think so. I think they both get done.

I suggest that you use the contact us form at www.ecrater.com and explain that if the first wasn't already done you want to delete it.
Maybe they can manually remove it or something.
forflower

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Global editor Reply with quote

I tried to set up a flat shipping rate for my items and it's not what I expected. It adds a shipping charge to each item, so I need to delete the rule but I don't see how to. Help.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Global editor Reply with quote

forflower wrote:
I tried to set up a flat shipping rate for my items and it's not what I expected. It adds a shipping charge to each item, so I need to delete the rule but I don't see how to. Help.

Could you give a little more info? What were you trying to do, and what happened? All of the items that I looked at showed "free" shipping and no charge at all.
Sorry if I misunderstood the question. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: