eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Global Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MoonwishesStore



Posts: 9538

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are also REAL businesses and we choose to live with this 'rule'. I gave ebay plenty enough money over the years and am happy to sell on a site that doesn't suck me dry.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles



Posts: 2404

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can sell $thousands in eBay and after paying fees or whatever I have a profit of thousands. Why I will loose my "precious time" in a free site? I don't have an idea maybe I want to get more money. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wendysbookstore



Posts: 579

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Would I be able to add addition information to all my listings without replacing text? Either to above or below description.

This would be great if someone have a promotion in their store and would like customer to know about it.

Thank you in advance.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21824

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would I be able to add addition information to all my listings without replacing text? Either to above or below description.


If you figure that out ... please tell everyone how!

I have a common sentence in my listings .. I I can add it above or below that sentence. BUT If I want to add something to the top or bottom of a listing .. no can do!

Quote:
This would be great if someone have a promotion in their store and would like customer to know about it.

TECHNICALLY, no it wouldn't be good ... why ... because all that is suppose to be in the desciption area is what specifically describes the product. Not an announcement of specials, sales, policies, etc.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wendysbookstore



Posts: 579

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
This would be great if someone have a promotion in their store and would
like customer to know about it.

TECHNICALLY, no it wouldn't be good ... why ... because all that is
suppose to be in the desciption area is what specifically describes the
product. Not an announcement of specials, sales, policies, etc.


Thank you, bigtallmensclothing! Fast response as always.

I have a promotion going on my store. Orders under 215g or 7.58oz in
weight receive free shipping. When customers and viewers go to my home
page they will see the notice. But if they landed on the item page and just
see the title, description and free shipping. Does it really mean that this
item will ship for free? Many sellers have free shipping unknowingly because of
this some customers and viewers are wary of sellers with free shipping.
They probably think that the seller did not setup shipping correctly. Not all
customers will contact you and ask.

Some customers who take the chance and purchase the item from sellers with
free shipping would have their orders cancel. Why would that customer
trust other sellers with actual free shipping?
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt



Posts: 2106

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrbooksanditems wrote:
Many sellers have free shipping unknowingly because of
this some customers and viewers are wary of sellers with free shipping.
They probably think that the seller did not setup shipping correctly. Not all
customers will contact you and ask.

Some customers who take the chance and purchase the item from sellers with
free shipping would have their orders cancel. Why would that customer
trust other sellers with actual free shipping?


I disagree. Most buyers if they see free shipping assume it is free shipping. Period. So many big sites offer it, why wouldn't they believe it was correct?

Seriously, buyers don't think like sellers, they have no idea how to set up a webstore, etc. They just click, see, read (sometimes LOL) and buy.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
RustyFarmall



Posts: 1300

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
wrbooksanditems wrote:
Many sellers have free shipping unknowingly because of
this some customers and viewers are wary of sellers with free shipping.
They probably think that the seller did not setup shipping correctly. Not all
customers will contact you and ask.

Some customers who take the chance and purchase the item from sellers with
free shipping would have their orders cancel. Why would that customer
trust other sellers with actual free shipping?


I disagree. Most buyers if they see free shipping assume it is free shipping. Period. So many big sites offer it, why wouldn't they believe it was correct?

Seriously, buyers don't think like sellers, they have no idea how to set up a webstore, etc. They just click, see, read (sometimes LOL) and buy.


But if enough buyers have their orders canceled because the seller did not intend to give free shipping, pretty soon the word will get out that ecrater is not a good place to shop because your order will just get canceled anyhow.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt



Posts: 2106

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyFarmall wrote:
thecheapskirt wrote:
wrbooksanditems wrote:
Many sellers have free shipping unknowingly because of
this some customers and viewers are wary of sellers with free shipping.
They probably think that the seller did not setup shipping correctly. Not all
customers will contact you and ask.

Some customers who take the chance and purchase the item from sellers with
free shipping would have their orders cancel. Why would that customer
trust other sellers with actual free shipping?


I disagree. Most buyers if they see free shipping assume it is free shipping. Period. So many big sites offer it, why wouldn't they believe it was correct?

Seriously, buyers don't think like sellers, they have no idea how to set up a webstore, etc. They just click, see, read (sometimes LOL) and buy.


But if enough buyers have their orders canceled because the seller did not intend to give free shipping, pretty soon the word will get out that ecrater is not a good place to shop because your order will just get canceled anyhow.


Okay well then I guess all the sales I keep getting are from who then? Rolling Eyes Seriously, I've never seen someone work so hard to dispute reality but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Nobody comes here looking for "ecrater". People come to individual stores because they are the individual stores.

If people are buying my stuff, I'm not going to buy your excuse that they aren't because someone else here didn't honor a sale. I mean, really. Ebay is a million times worse than that and they have millions of customers every day.

If you have hurt your own reputation by doing shady business in your store, that has nothing to do with me and mine.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore



Posts: 9538

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But if enough buyers have their orders canceled because the seller did not intend to give free shipping, pretty soon the word will get out that ecrater is not a good place to shop because your order will just get canceled anyhow.


I personally would like to see all ecrater stores doing well and the correct amount of shipping charged as some customers may start remembering the ecrater name and will come here to shop. Although I think most come from clicking on a link through one of the search engines or through links directly to our stores.

If I see Free Shipping at a store I assume that means Free Shipping and would be upset if the seller then said nope, you owe me $5. As a buyer I would never think someone set up their store incorrectly.

Past even the Free Shipping and what it might do to ecrater sellers, is the folks that have a UK store and when someone from the US buys something from the UK store they say they canceled the order! Whatever for? They got paid, they don't even have to mess with customs. If the seller can't figure out currancy exchange then they shouldn't even bother with the UK and AU stores. To me it is silly to cancel an order just because it came through the 'wrong' site and the seller thinks they aren't getting the right amount of money. This is the same issue as the Free Shipping one. How many canceled sales before ecrater starts getting a bad rep?

It all comes down to we can't fix all the stores that are having problems, but we should try to run our own stores as best as possible and for those who are honestly trying to get things right, guide them to the threads that explain what to do. I also don't think that we should be writing the same response 15 times a week just because the person with a problem doesn't read any other threads about the same problems.

Sorry I must be grumpy today!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt



Posts: 2106

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:


It all comes down to we can't fix all the stores that are having problems



Exactly. If ecrater is going to allow sellers who have ONLY negative feedback and no positive feedback to remain here, why on earth should they get rid of those of us who choose to offer free shipping?

Perhaps the people who are spending so much time worrying about the business model of others spent a little more time worrying about their own they'd find less time to come here and complain because they would be so busy packing up and shipping out their own sales. Which is what I'm headed off to do while you all criticize me for offering free shipping. Bye!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
RetrocadeGames



Posts: 42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a limit to how much text you can replace at one time?
I added a pretty big block of text replacing a smaller one about 24hours ago. It was approved but still says "0" listings. There should be at least 100 to adjust.

Does it take that long to update or do I just need to shorten and simplify my text?

Update: I originally tried replacing a box of text that had a few separate paragraphs, with an even larger block which consisted of more paragraphs. I guess it would squeeze everything together and try to find a match with no avail. I re-tried by just updating each individual paragraph separately and it worked fine.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum