eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

no sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avonbeauty4less

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: no sales Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for my first sale, I check every 5 minutes, I so anxious, do sales happen often of ecarter. Dom
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are you doing to get sales?
avonbeauty4less

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what should I be doing? I set up my store and waiting now, should i be doing something else
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you opened up a new store somewhere in town, but never botherd to advertise in the local newspapers, or even tell anyone about your new store, do you think you would have any customers? You need to do your own promoting. Ecrater does an excellent job of submitting your items to Google, but the rest of it is up to you.
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avonbeauty4less wrote:
what should I be doing? I set up my store and waiting now, should i be doing something else

In order to get sales, first you need to get visitors to your store. So, how do you get visitors? You need to promote your site, otherwise, how are people supposed to know where to find you if you don't tell them. eCrater is not eBay where you list items and then the traffic & sales will come.

Owning an eCrater store and getting sales here take a lot of hard work, diligence and of course patience as things will not be accomplished overnight. Here are some suggestions that might be useful:

- Expand your titles and descriptions with keywords.
- Perfect your store with pictures of the items in all listings. A lot of your items don't have pictures.
- Have you submitted your store's URL to search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc...?
- Submit your sites to as many directories as possible. There are a few eCrater sellers here in this forum who offer to let you put your store's links on their websites.
- Join forums, internet groups related to what you are selling.
- Write articles/blogs about your products
- Join Twitter, Facebook (I haven't tried this yet as I'm not a big fan of social media) but this is another way to get your name out there.
- You could also promote your store in the "Promote your store" section of the eCrater forum.

Just a few ways I could think of right now. I'm sure other more experienced sellers will come along to offer advice.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avonbeauty4less wrote:

LOL, build it and they will come
never works on the internet.
those does back in the late 90's are long gone

you must do things to get yourself some BUYERS

submit your store URL to search engines
it can take 4-8 weeks for search engines to find you AFTER you have done this

Did you read this topic?
ATTENTION New ecrater.com Sellers - please read
did you read this
Advertising ideas for PROMOTING your store
Gustys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sales on eCrater will come, but it will take time and effort. I've been here for 3 years, and my 2009 sales increased 600% over the previous year, Just follow advice here, and you will be fine. Good luck, Gustys
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do all your listings start with domdom61? That isn't the name of your store. What do you think the search engines are going to think of that phrase? You also have lots of listings with all capital letters on them which is the equivilant of shouting on line and is a big NO NO.

Quote:

That comment tells me you haven't spent any time reading posts here otherwise you would know that there is lots to do to sell on line. Quit checking every 5 minutes and start doing some promoting, marketing, and fixing those listings that need it. Titles can be 100 characters long so be sure you are using them.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Why do all your listings start with domdom61?

My guess it that was the ebay ID that was imported--I think it's at the beginning of each import. Ebay imports need a lot of cleaning up before they look right!

Keep editing and especially LISTING a few things every day or two--active stores get more hits from search bots which should eventually lead to people/buyers. Promote, promote, promote, and then when you get tired, promote! That's the key. Get links out there, do Twitter, Facebook, that kind of thing. Make sure everybody you meet gets a card with your store on it; if you sell elsewhere, put flyers in packages advertising your ecrater store. I can't remember all the ideas in this forum but there are lots.

Best wishes and keep plugging!! Very Happy
Becky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: