eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

shipping calculator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmenterprise

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: shipping calculator Reply with quote

I currently am using flat rate and didn't know there was a shipping calculator here.

How many of you use it here? Is is accurate? If someone was to purchase more than one item does it calculate correctly?

If it works like that auction place then I will have a lot of work ahead of me! Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the calculated shipping. It works very well. Very accurate. The only time there is a problem is when the USPS site is slow and times out and shipping defaults to the matrix. Happens very seldom. Combines shipping very well.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How many of you use it here?

thousands

Quote:
Is is accurate? If someone was to purchase more than one item does it calculate correctly?

the cost is based on the weight you entered and your zip code and the buyers zip code
SO if you entereed the information correctly it is accurate 100% because the cost comes directly from the USPS site = it is the USPS calculator

Quote:
If it works like that auction place then I will have a lot of work ahead of me!

I have no clue what they do or don't do
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am well pleased with how the shipping calculator works, with the exception when a package goes to California, Washington state, or Oregon, the shipping cost is nearly always MORE than what the calculator figured it to be. The error is not very much, but it nearly always happens that way and I end up losing money on the shipping. I live in Iowa. I can ship packages anywhere else in the 50 states as well as to Canada and the calculator is always right on the money.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyFarmall wrote:
with the exception when a package goes to California, Washington state, or Oregon

Not knowing exactly where you are, are those states where you switch from zone 4 to 5 ?

The shipping calculator knows only about weight. It knows nothing about package dimensions. Once the package exceeds one cubic foot, I would expect the shipping calculator to under calculate (especially to zones 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 ).
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can compensate for over-sized packages by adding more in the weight box. Works for me. If I have an oversized package I go to the USPS site and get the cost for mailing it to the highest costing zone. In the item I then plug in the weight it would take to get to that amount. Easy and works just fine.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
RustyFarmall wrote:
with the exception when a package goes to California, Washington state, or Oregon

Not knowing exactly where you are, are those states where you switch from zone 4 to 5 ?

The shipping calculator knows only about weight. It knows nothing about package dimensions. Once the package exceeds one cubic foot, I would expect the shipping calculator to under calculate (especially to zones 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 ).

My packages are NOT over-dimension. I use the boxes I order from the post office, and I live in Iowa, as stated in the original reply.
shebang

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the calculator love it works great for what I sell, just make sure the weight is for the item the packing and the weight of the box.I agree make sure to fill out matrix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: