eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ecrater group

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goodstuffgiftshop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: ecrater group Reply with quote

I have created a group on that site if you would like to join. Ill post the link for you here as well on the myspace section. http://groups.myspace.com/ecraterdotcom
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't a myspace group of ecrater.com sellers be like a forum we have right here?
Goodstuffgiftshop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Creater Group Reply with quote

Yes and No... we could talk about ecrater outside of ecrater however it would also be to drive sales from myspace. People do searches within the groups there and perhaps it could promote sales... for all of us.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Won't a myspace group of ecrater.com sellers be like a forum we have right here?

I believe so, unless someone sends out mass invites to MS people all over. Otherwise it's us, and if we want to purchase from each other, we can do that here.

Also, I don't know if the MS groups work the same as comments, but comments show in search engines, and they rank pretty high. You don't want a ton of your own linkage out there burying your web site. I noticed when I searched fancyflappers.com on Google. Tons of MS comments showed before my site. Try finding your comment on someone else profile. Shocked
ladystrange

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: well I signed up and posted Reply with quote

I disagree with fancy flappers a little. It is better for ecraters link popularity to have links pointing to ecrater that are on another site than thier own.

I have actually had instances where I have googled "ladystange Lingerie" and my profile on myspace showed up before my webpage?

Sometimes I spend time posting and joining like minded groups, answering peoples delimas or problems.

The way I think to promote ecrater on myspace would probably be to join some ebay groups and casually bring up ecrater greatness whenever possible.

A controlled coupon area would be nice ( updated with dead sales removed). To post as whole to couponing sites

Just my 2 cents
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is better for ecraters link popularity to have links pointing to ecrater that are on another site than thier own.

I agree, but if every comment you leave shows up before your e-Crater items you don't stand a chance of being found. Especially since the more popular profiles will show first (mine was on Metallica's Laughing ), with your comment buried somewhere. It takes away from having you found directly. No one will search comments to find you. MS profiles are great. Mine shows before a bunch of other linkage too. So, I'm just saying that if a group would have the impact that comments do, then I don't think it would be such a good idea, BUT if they are as good in rankings as our own profiles, then I'm all for it.
ladystrange

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: honestly I am not sure Reply with quote

I have posted to groups and have had tons of visitors as a result. I also know that blasts on my space seam to rank high on search engines.

I agree that comments tend to do nothing but possibly show your brand to someone else whom is looking to post a coment on a popular page. I wish you could post comments without actually visiting the slow loading pages, lol.
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, do I agree with that, ladystrange... I dread going to myspace pages because of that... it just eats my virtual memory up. Confused

I wish the bulletin showed to someone other than the "owner" of the page, then at least it's there for 10 days, or til it gets bumped off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: