eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Package arrived but no feedback from buyer =(
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had international packages returned and didn't have to pay return postage. It depends on how you send it. Airmail (priority) is good for a round trip.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I've had international packages returned and didn't have to pay return postage. It depends on how you send it. Airmail (priority) is good for a round trip.

I send everything priority mail. The custom form has right on it ... abandon if unclaimed.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent a few things priority and I remember that check box. I always checked "Return to sender" but none were ever unclaimed; it could be they would have charged me to return them.
Normally I use First Class Int'l and the two that were returned were in that class. There is no box to check on that little form, so maybe the returning country has discretion to return or not. I do feel pretty lucky, since the one order was repaid and reshipped and the other order contained items that I was able to sell to other buyers. So I wasn't out as much money as I could have been, I guess. Smile
mpcheah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
If I understood your first post correctly, you did advise them that the PO is holding their package. Not sure what you put in the subject line of your email, but if it was just something like 'hello' the person may have deleted it as spam. If you want to try one last time, be sure your subject line states: Your (fill in what it was) order needs picked up at PO. And then very clearly write them a note that says that whatever it is, purchased on whatever date, is being held at the PO and needs picked up.

I have indicated very clearly on the subject as "your package has arrived and on hold by PO" which i believe the subject is very clear & straight forward. I also sms to him for a friendly reminder that "to claim back the package from PO".
Anyhow, i have just checked through the USPS Website and noticed that the packages is under "Unclaimed" status....
Anyway, thank for all your advices.... Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you actually understood what I said. Many spam emails come telling us we can claim this or that, or many variations of a theme of something wonderful is waiting for you. All of those types of emails promptly get sent to the spam file. this is why I said to be sure the subject line of the the email included whatever it was they bought. If it was red shoes, say your red shoes are at the post office.

After all this time I think you can forget about this weird experience. Some buyers lose track of what they buy and forget all about stuff. As long as you keep copies of all your paperwork if they ever do come back then that is sufficient. You sent your item. you did your job.
mpcheah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
If it was red shoes, say your red shoes are at the post office.

well...i should have mentioned very clearly of the item instead of package. will take note for my next shipment and handle carefully.

thanks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: