eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Paypal Opens Shop Lifter Protection To All Internet Sales

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aJunkeeShoppe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Paypal Opens Shop Lifter Protection To All Internet Sales Reply with quote

PAYPALS SHOP LIFTER PROTECTION PROGRAM TO START NOV. 1st

Paypal used to give their buyer protection to Ebay to boost traffic and sales on Ebay. Buyer Protection and instant pay are exclusive to Paypal and since Ebay owns Paypal the buyer protection was only used on Ebay.

Paypals buyer protection automatically refunds to buyers without regard to sellers proof or sales ratings. Paypals only motive for their buyer protection program is to produce Paypal usage and increase Ebay sales.

With the growing popularity of Google Checkout and falling Ebay sales because of Ebays bad management and fee increases to drive off non retail sellers they have to find other ways to replace the lost Ebay profits and declining Paypal usage.

Ebay and Paypal are now extending the Paypal buyer protection program to all internet selling venues and web sites that use Paypal. Paypals buyer protection does mean buyers are more likely to purchase but it also means buyers have an open door to "Rip Off" sellers.

I as a seller have experianced alot of buyer scams with Paypals buyer protection on Ebay. Most buyers are honest upstanding people but when you get a buyer that has the overaggressive alpha personality that's hell bent on getting a freebie or a significant price reduction they will use Paypals buyer protection to pull off a scam on sellers. Remember, Paypals buyer protection means the buyer automatically wins the complaint "No Matter What".

Things that happen using Paypals buyer protection:

* Attempts to return broken items in exchange for what's been shipped to the buyer.

* Making the purchase and exchanging parts that are needed then sending unit back for a refund.

* Extorting partial refunds

* Getting a refund due to a mistake made by the buyer in the purchase of the item.

I've complained about the above mentioned buyer frauds for years on Ebay because I always send out well described items to custormers and I'm not one of those sellers out to defraud buyers.

I came to the conclusion years ago that Paypals buyer protection program isn't to protect buyers. It's to increase usage and revenues to Ebay and Paypal "ONLY!". The seller may win the first complaint then all the complaints after the first one are decided in the buyers favor no matter what. This is the Paypal buyer protection program plan engineered against sellers and to attract buyers then lock sellers into offering Paypal and issuing refunds even if the seller knows they are getting ripped off.

Paypal will start the "Shop Lifter Protection Program" Nov. 1st so get ready
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicate topic

see http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=25551
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: