eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Merchant account issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Five-And-Dime

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out the 'conflict'.

When the glitch happened last week, I was, at the same time, REMOVING PayPal.

When I went to verify my Google Checkout info., I THOUGHT I had to sign up for a MERCHANT ACCOUNT.

BAD IDEA !

It messed up my feed.

Even though I listed NO PRODUCTS on the Merchant Account / Base, the FACT I HAD it, messed up eCrater's feed.

I couldn't find a way to DELETE the MERCHANT ACCOUNT without LOSING the Google Checkout Account (same eMail, a PRIMARY one I use all the time).

So, I simply added XYZ as the store name & deleted the website URL.

Hopefully that will cause Google to CLOSE the Merchant Account for me !

Does any Admin know how long it will take for eCrater to re-try my feed ?
Thanks !
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the official cause of the problem in the first place? I thought it was universal and caused by Google but the folks over at Google Merchant Center are saying it was most likely an internal problem at eCrater. Just like them to defend Google. Rolling Eyes I'm not looking for a mud-slinging campaign here. I'd just like to hear the truth and not a policy of deny everything. It's not like this is a conspiracy. Someone screwed up and should own up to it. Otherwise, what comfort do we have that it won't happen again? Besides, it most definately had a major long term effect as we're now ranking WAY below where we were. GMC is stating it most likely has something to do with the "quality" of feeds--whatever that is--but they're operating from the idea of submitting your own to Google Base. It's not the same thing people! Just a fine start to the Holiday season. Geez!
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.searchnewz.com/topstory/news/sn-2-20101026HowGoogleFailedToIndexNewPages.html

This is a link to an article about what happened. Maybe this will help. It happened to many sites not just ecrater.
Five-And-Dime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased to report the error message is off my page. The upload is scheduled, not yet uploaded. I thank eCrater for the fix. I am angry that Google pushes 'Merchant Account' but doesn't put big red warning: Don't use name of marketplace, it bounces your feeds.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped that same link at Google Merchant Center and they completely dismissed it as if it didn't have a thing to do with Google feeds. Either they have some nerve or are completely clueless. I'm inclined to believe the latter. SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF - Are your items still affected or were you one of the lucky ones who dodged this particular bullet? Trying to get a handle on when/if to expect this finally turn around. It's been two weeks since this started and it's not corrected yet.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All 4 of my stores were dropped and invisible on google until yesterday. My main store appears to be back in google but I'm at the bottom of the heap now. Will keep checking and see if that improves.
Someone should start a class actions suit against google - this is totally unacceptable. To f*^k up peoples livelyhood is unforgiveable as far as I'm concerned. I applaud ecrater's team for getting us back in as fast as they can, it must be a monumental task.
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I thought Google had plagiarized the Hippocratic oath with something like "First do no Evil" instead of "First do no harm". If they mess stuff up they are supposed to make it right, not start everyone over at the bottom of the heap. I still say everyone associated with this mess needs to be looking for work someplace else. Send 'em to Ebay, they like halfwits, they are like the management there.
BubblesByBea

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google checkout has suddenly decided NOT to charge shipping and handling so I'ved had several unhappy customers who thought that they were gettign free shipping because GC didn't show a shipping charge.

Is anyone else having this issue?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BubblesByBea wrote:
Google checkout has suddenly decided NOT to charge shipping and handling so I'ved had several unhappy customers who thought that they were gettign free shipping because GC didn't show a shipping charge.

This could be an issue having to do with the USPS site getting overloaded.

Are you using Calculated Shipping ? If so, you must have backup values entered in the Shipping Matrix. When the USPS site doesn't respond in a certain amount of time, eCrater instead uses the Shipping Matrix numbers. If you have not entered anything in there, then you will get zero.
BubblesByBea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I didn't know that so I have updated the matrix, I hope that fixes it.
tonyscollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Store name change. Reply with quote

I opened my eCrater store last November. I'm not happy with the name I chose. I want to change. Can any one tell me how I can do that? I want to change from;
www.tonyscollectibles.ecrater.com to www.collectibles.ecrater.com. In other words, I want to take "tony" out of the name. Thank you for considering a reply[/url]
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Store name change. Reply with quote

tonyscollectibles wrote:
I opened my eCrater store last November. I'm not happy with the name I chose. I want to change. Can any one tell me how I can do that? I want to change from;
www.tonyscollectibles.ecrater.com to www.collectibles.ecrater.com. In other words, I want to take "tony" out of the name. Thank you for considering a reply[/url]

Go to http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php
Fill out the contact form telling them what you want.

There is a small charge for this.

ralph
Omarsmerchandise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: The Internal error Reply with quote

Hi my name is Omar Omar's Merchandise I want to ask you a question about the internal error.
When I went to my acount last time they gave my feed to Google was June 6th I went on there it has not posted any more feed of my store to Google why is that?
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Internal error Reply with quote

Omarsmerchandise wrote:
Hi my name is Omar Omar's Merchandise I want to ask you a question about the internal error.
When I went to my acount last time they gave my feed to Google was June 6th I went on there it has not posted any more feed of my store to Google why is that?
Omar,
Your store has been suspended. That is why you have no Google Product feed.
We in the Community are sellers like you and cannot see your product listings to give advice about what may be wrong.

eCrater does not notify store owners when stores are suspended for violations of their terms.
They feel that it is up to the store owner to:

1. Identify the problem
2. Correct it
3. Contact eCrater when the problem has been fixed.

You may read the eCrater Terms at: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

You can contact eCrater at: http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php

Good Luck resolving this problem.
ralph
birdsongbooks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Google feed (September 3 or 6, can't remember exact date) was 821 items processed.

Yesterday's feed shows 577. Items that showed up in Google Product Search last week are gone today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: